Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

Why Sonic 4 Episode 2 on Nokia Lumia 900 will be the best mobile version

http://www.noknok.tv...mobile-version/

I don't know if they mean "best mobile version" against just other WPs or "best mobile version" in general. But I'm guessing the latter.

iOS has Game Center and GameFeint Achievements (okay, I know...they are way inferior to XBL Achievements...but still) and the new iPad has a bigger screen with retina display.

Besides, unless you are after a Windows Phone and you're determined to get a WP, you shouldn't care about this at all. Same game, but a little better in visual quality against all phones (and that's "little" compared to iPhone 4/4S' retina).

Let alone, I would definitely question the person on why they would want to get this phone *just* because the visual quality for Episode 2's better than other phones.

We've got another live one here ladies and gentlemen!

Ha! I must have missed that. These reviewers/previewers use the typical "Sonic has been crap lately" lines a lot over the years that I just ignore them. Didn't even notice it was there.

Edited by Ming Ming Love

Do you people really wanna pretend there have been no shit games since then?

Bringing up sonic's past bad games *cough* Sonic 06 *cough* has gotten old.......REALLY fast, reviewers are still bringing that shit up nearly 6yrs later despite the steady climb of quality, good Sonic titles.

As there is no concept art this week what do you think we will get? A new Trailer or will SEGA reveal one of the remaining zones. Maybe the throwback zone, Hidden Place Zone?

I doubt we'll get either of those considering how soon it is. Hidden Palace doesn't seem too likely either as the returning zone either. We already know what the four stages are- Sylvannia Castle, White Park, Unnamed Desert and Sky Fortress.

As there is no concept art this week what do you think we will get? A new Trailer or will SEGA reveal one of the remaining zones. Maybe the throwback zone, Hidden Place Zone?

SEGA hasn't said we're getting anything instead. It's been a quiet week on the Sonic front though, so maybe they will give us something.

SEGA hasn't said we're getting anything instead. It's been a quiet week on the Sonic front though, so maybe they will give us something.

I wouldn't mind some music to be h nest. No, not the entire soundtrack, but act 1 of SC would be very nice to hear. Or it might be horrible to hear given S4's track record. Very nice to know would be the better term.

Edited by HYDROCITEE

I haven't been keeping tabs on this game so this is new to me.

Full White Park Act 1 Gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV0ZyUVW6v0

usN9w.gif

Everything seems so disjointed. I mean there is a speed booster in a place where Sonic could easily spin dash to gain speed. The homing attack chaining is really discouraging when they could easily do something else. I love the level gimmick, but it is nothing too innovative since Sonic Colors did the whole drilling thing. Dimps or Sonic Team...whatever. It just looks so blah and I might actually skip this one just like I did Sonic 4 Ep. 1.

• Thumbs Up 6

Looks awesome to me. Multiple paths, tons of secrets, actual "slow" sections, gimmicks, longevity, real physics, awesome graphics, etc. Day 1 and it is already an improvement to Sonic 4 Episode I. I think I might buy the next episode once it comes out. We haven't seen much and it seems epic to me already. Music, graphics, and gameplay. Oh, and...

SONIC SNOWBOARDS YEAH

I wish the death pits were replaced with air currents or something. I remember falling in a pit in Generations 3DS and then being carried up by wind. At least let there be an option that has Tails carrying you out or something.

The most innovative thing in Sonic 4 Ep2 (besides the co-op) is probably that the snowballs get bigger (more snow is added) when they are pushed, which really is a nice effect. Also, Tails can carry Sonic when swiming under water in Ep2. Thats new (in Sonic 3, Tails would sink straight down if he tried to carry Sonic). Tails must have been working out in a gym to build up those muscles while Ep1 was taking place!.

Edited by MilesKnightwing

Six reasons

1. Boring- no more input required than "mash A", and on one or two occasions there'll be a single spiked one.

2. Jarring- got some good pacing going on and then BAM! All momentum is lost cause of crappy level design.

3. Not Classic- even if S4 isn't strictly a classic game, it should still feel like one. It's marketed as one even.

4. Ugly- the same unfititng enemy design in 8 different stages.

5. Pits- they're usually suspended over one.

6. Repetitive- Self-explanatory.

1. The spindash is nothing more than "Holding down and mash A", it's not that different.

2. Quickly mash the A button and use the Jump dash and you have all your momentum back.

3. Every Classic added a new move, so I don't see why the Homing Attack gets so much hate.

4. Well, that's true.

5. In Sonic 3, there was a moment where you had to use the spindash or else you would die, that's pretty much the same thing. Granted, it was only one time, but it was there.

6. True.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't have any problem at all with the homing attack. I hated the physics in Episode 1, I didn't like the level design and the rehashes, but the homing attack has never been a problem to me.

Edited by Thigolf

1. The spindash is nothing more than "Holding down and mash A", it's not that different.

2. Quickly mash the A button and use the Jump dash and you have all your momentum back.

3. Every Classic added a new move, so I don't see why the Homing Attack gets so much hate.

4. Well, that's true.

5. In Sonic 3, there was a moment where you had to use the spindash or else you would die, that's pretty much the same thing. Granted, it was only one time, but it was there.

6. True.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't have any problem at all with the homing attack. I hated the physics in Episode 1, I didn't like the level design and the rehashes, but the homing attack has never been a problem to me.

1. The spindash is an optional move 99% of the time, while the HA is mandatory.

2. It shouldn't be an issue in the first place.

3. It's not the HA that inherently has to be a problem, it's the way it's implemented, specifically with the chains of Bubbles (which was the point you raised). Personally I'd rather it wasn't there, but it could work if done right.

4. -

5. One time in S3 (you'll have to refresh my memory on when this was), compared to in almost every level. That's a big difference.

6. -

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm not really involved this current discussion but I thought I'd at least react to this point.

Dude, come on. You can't claim that. If there was only one bubble chain over a pit in the entire game, there'd be no problem. Like how if this spindash moment from Sonic 3 was repeated throughout the game, it would be a problem. They're incomparable.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Blue Blood HYDROCITEE

Edited by ENVY
  • Thumbs Up 3

My problem with the homing attack isn't the fact that it's there, but how it's being used. The only thing it was actually used for in Sonic 4: Episode 1 was as a way to use enemies as stepping stones to reach a higher path. It feels like it's a replacement for actual content since there are no doubt better ways to climb higher (Sonic 4: Ep 1 itself has an example of this with the vine swinging in Splash Hill Act 2). The fact that the homing attack kills all forward momentum when you hit an enemy with it makes it even more annoying and jarring. The homing attack really should start working like it did with the balloons in Generations' Rooftop Run, instead of shooting me straight into the air.

Also: *BEEP* *WHOOSH* *BEEP* *WHOOSH* *BEEP* *WHOOSH* *BEEP* *WHOOSH*

Edited by Pinkie Pie
  • Thumbs Up 6

Also: *BEEP* *WHOOSH* *BEEP* *WHOOSH* *BEEP* *WHOOSH* *BEEP* *WHOOSH*

lol, yup! First thing I do when get round to buying E2 is removing the *BEEP* sound and replacing the *WHOOSH* with the much lighter SA1 sound.

Building on your point about stepping stones, it can be done interestingly enough. Right near the start of LLZ1 you get three Burrowbots leap out of the ground one after the other. The idea is that you correctly time your attack to bounce off of each of them as they're in the air, allowing you to get high enough to hit a spring and take a shortcut. That was quite clever. It could be very easily overused, but it's one example of how the HA can be used effectively. Another would the vines in SHZ2 which you could HA on to instantly gain maximum swing. No problem if he doesn't manage it, but it's a nice reward for putting some thought in.

I don't understand why bubble chains are such a problem.

I don't understand why making Sonic 4 should be such a problem.

• Thumbs Up 4