Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

I don't understand why making Sonic 4 should be such a problem.

Eh, with laziness, everything is a problem.

Eh, with laziness, everything is a problem.

Know what, it's pretty funny to me honestly

Everything that could go wrong with Sonic 4, has gone wrong.

It's pretty laughable how if you take away the name Sonic 4, people would just look at this and say "Hey, it borrows elements from the classic games to make a modern game, that's awesome!"

The only thing I will say in Sonic 4 defense is that Sonic 4 hasn't been the only game tiled as a squeal to a classic game that is different with the way it done. Resident Evil 4 is a perfect example of this as well. Resident Evil purist hate Resident Evil 4 as its a game that "Modernized" the survival horror aspect of Resident Evil.

Yet people still praise this game all to high heaven regardless of the fact. Even if Sonic 4 Episode 2 is really good in its own right folks will still hate it simply cause it called Sonic 4 not because the game is different. I'm sure a lot of people would not give it nearly as much flack if it was called something else.

A game is a game to me whether its a squeal or not. I learned this from other franchises that just because its a sequel doesn't mean its supposed to be the same. The problem here is that SEGA marketed the game from the get go as "classicy" then they should have said "moderny". That their biggest fuck up of the entire game.

Stripping myself of me a as a harcore Sonic fan...from a causal gamer perspective the game does indeed look enjoyable...and while for a lot of us, despite it not meeting our standards... especially with the shit journalism we have in gaming recently...I'm sure this game will score highly and a lot better the the first 1.

Edited by Voyant

Those are also my thoughts on Sonic DL. I actually find that calling Sega's Sonic 4 "Sonic DL" makes me feel less animosity towards the game. Sonic DL: Episode 2 looks enjoyable as its own Sonic game so far, it just needs to cut back on the automated sections and bottomless pits.

• Thumbs Up 3

While I enjoy the speedboosters, I don't really like the overabundance of diagonal spring chains. The bubbles chains don't really bother me but I agree that if they actually moved and they weren't over bottomless pits it would be a lot better. Now that I think about it, Sky Fortress is gonna have a ton of bubbles chains over bottomless pits.

I wonder how they are gonna design the Oil Rig Zone. I don't foresee many bottomless pits or too much automation for some reason. And also, I wonder what gimmick they'll give to the co-op moves for Oil Rig Zone since White Park has the snow digging and Sylvania Castle is the intro level.

New art:

image_news2.png

If Episode 2 really is serious about continuing with that damn Bubbles chains, then they better use those red ones more instead.

Also, Sonic's expression makes me think of villain getting away whilst leaving their last remark.

Sonic: You may have won this round, but it's not over yet!... Jeeves, take me higher! =S

Tails: Yes Sir! :D

• Thumbs Up 7

If Episode 2 really is serious about continuing with that damn Bubbles chains, then they better use those red ones more instead.

Also, Sonic's expression makes me think of villain getting away whilst leaving their last remark.

Sonic: You may have won this round, but it's not over yet!... Jeeves, take me higher! =S

Tails: Yes Sir! biggrin.png

Don't know what Tails is so happy about. Maybe it's because he is playable again (ABOUT TIME). He seems to be happy carrying Sonic around. No mean feat as Sonic is heavier. In S3&K it was so cool when you could use Tails to carry/fly Sonic around. Glad that is returning for Ep2.

Sonic has got his left arm free. Is Sonic left handed?

Sonic has got his left arm free. Is Sonic left handed?

I know at least he is left-footed. Maybe he's also left-handed?

Are we getting something new this week? Or will they leave us without concept art this week too?

The 'Reunion' trailer is now available on Xbox Live.

http://marketplace.x...fd94?noSplash=1

Can anyone spot anything that shouldn't be in the description?

The long awaited reunion of Sonic and Tails is finally at hand! In this official trailer for Sonic The Hedgehog™ 4 Episode II, watch as Sonic and Tails unveil all new collaborative moves in their fight against the combined forces of Dr. Eggman and Metal Sonic! Featuring an all new graphics and physics engine, breathtakingly stunning zones, and the return of the evil Metal Sonic, experience the evolution of the Sonic 4 saga when Episode II releases on PSN later this Spring. Featuring an all new graphics and physics engine, breathtakingly stunning zones, and the return of the evil Metal Sonic, experience the evolution of the Sonic 4 saga when Episode II releases on XBLA later this Spring, and Windows Phone in the Summer.

Also, it appears the Windows Phone version will be released later in the Summer.

Can anyone spot anything that shouldn't be in the description?

Oh my... Wow...

They even mentioned it before their own service... just... wow!

• Thumbs Up 9

Oh my... Wow...

They even mentioned it before their own service... just... wow!

Clearly, this must've been done by a bitter employee crying out for help. Poor mon...

I think SEGA sent out copy to be used by all services, and wrote alternate paragraphs for each service. Looks like an XBOX employee didn't just use their paragraph, but instead copied the whole thing and posted it. No biggie.

It looks like there is a new piece of Tails art in the icon for the Sonic 4: Episode 2 'Reuinion' trailer on Xbox Live on the Xbox 360 console. That's definitely not his render for the Episode 2 logo.

It looks like there is a new piece of Tails art in the icon for the Sonic 4: Episode 2 'Reuinion' trailer on Xbox Live on the Xbox 360 console. That's definitely not his render for the Episode 2 logo.

If you look on the second page of the description of the game on the website (overview 2/2):

- is says a release date of 26/3/2012. So thats two fuck ups they have made.

Edited by MilesKnightwing

Not a fuck up. I'm playing it right now! 4th Zone is a throwback to Sylvania Castle Zone from Sonic 4!

I laughed harder than I should have. Probably because it's not that far-fetched.

If you look on the second page of the description of the game on the website (overview 2/2):

- is says a release date of 26/3/2012. So thats two fuck ups they have made.

Actually, looking again that page is specifically for the trailer, which was released on XBL yesterday.

Edited by HYDROCITEE