Awoo.

Disney's Wreck-It Ralph

jennytablina

If Sonic really is going to be in this tie-in as well as a result of Eggman being there as well, oh my god. I'll be in the theater for this Day One. I suppose it wouldn't be that far-fetched considering Sonic's recent cameo in that Progressive commercial. They hadn't done something like that since the 90's!

Edited by NeutralChao
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm not happy about that. I hope this film fails at the box office, because if it's a success, then the video game industry will be no longer Non-Disney if that is really the case. Disney does not have the rights to use Sonic, or heck, other intellectual video game properties. Disney has their own characters for Mobius's sake. Goes to show how greedy and corrupted the Disney CEO really is.

Disney does not have the rights to use Sonic, or heck, other intellectual video game properties. Disney has their own characters for Mobius's sake. Goes to show how greedy and corrupted the Disney CEO really is.

They didn't steal these characters, SEGA, Nintendo, and Capcom all gave them the RIGHTS to use these characters in this film. They're even using the characters real names here.

If they didn't have the rights, they would've sued the hell out of Disney the minute this was revealed.

Edited by Red Cap-Blue Spikes
  • Thumbs Up 5

Since they paid the licencing fees, they do have the right to use video game characters as cameos in their movie. And I don't see why making a movie about video games will make the videogame industry "non-Disney" more than the tons of existing Disney videogames.

I just despise the idea of something Sonic-related in a Disney film. And you know what's so sad about this? This new movie is part of Disney's "Animated Features Canon", the same group as that overrated, overloved, overhyped box-office behemoth known as The Lion King. I never even liked the Animation Feature Canon films in the beginning, but this is just wrong. Why would Disney no longer make films based on books or fairy tales to make something for the video game cult instead? It seems very out of place, both for Disney and for the video game industry. It gives me a horrible feeling to see something video game-related or Sonic-related in a darn Disney movie. I hope Sonic and his friends won't cameo in this movie or else I will be depressed forever. I just don't like it when so many Sonic fans also happen to love Disney angry.png Hmph.

However, as far as the box office and critical reception is concerned, the CGI films in the Animated Features Canon don't do as well as their hand-drawn features from the past nor Pixar's films, so I can hope that this film fails hard in the box office. I don't care how many people love it, I wish a big failure on this film. Heck, I'm already planning a boycott.

I don't remember when the last time that a Disney Animation Canon film used a Non-Disney character as a cameo role, but the closest thing I could remember is that Who Framed Roger Rabbit (which was made in 1988) used cartoon cameos of many different studios from the "Golden Era" of animation, and even so, Warner Bros.' characters are still Non-Disney to this day.

Either way, I hope SEGA sues Disney for using Sonic characters (the same goes for other companies and their characters involved). And for the sake of it, Disney video games are, despite popular opinion, not very good. They're just the same old licensed games that nobody cares about and I would much rather avoid them then anything else.

Let's face it, you will not be a "true" fan of video games if you go see this movie when it comes out. Chances are, it is going to suck (especially since it's made just in time for Kingdom Hearts' 10th anniversary no less).

If we happen to see a Mike Pollock voice for Eggman, then this movie will be my all-time favorite movie.

Edited by Deadpool (Is Cool)

If we happen to see a Mike Pollock voice for Eggman, then this movie will be my all-time favorite movie.

And Zangeif will be voiced by Peter Beckman, Bowser will be voiced by Scott Burns, and Dr. Wily will be voiced by Scott McNeil.

Bowser and Eggman cameo-ing in a movie ? yeah k.

But if they manage to have Kenny James and Mike Pollock's voices.......

best movie of the ever

• Thumbs Up 1

Lol wait, I looked back at the photo, it looks like they're in group therapy...I'd laugh so much if they explained their feelings about how they get beaten everytime.

Well dang, this is pretty damn surprising. I'm not sure why Zangief is in there, it's not like he got beaten over and over and over and over again by a certain cha-

Oh right, Chun-Li (and Honda in sf2).

Yay! Sonic and Disney together at last! Just like me and millions upon millions of other Sonic fans have always wished! Maybe this means the Sonic fanbase and the Disney fanbase will become one and the same! I sure hope Disney can actually BUY Sonic and then Sonic and Disney will be together forever and ever and ever and ever and ever!

• Thumbs Up 8

When I first heard about this movie, I thought it was a unique concept. Now that I see they're actually using licensed vidya game characters, my hype just went up for this.

Also, I thought the concept was more like Toy Story with video game characters, I don't know if we'll see Roger Rabbit levels of cameos, but mite b kool.

also needs moar TRON REFERENCES PLOX DISNEY.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is so...blink.png

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

... a Sonic Character on the Big-Screen. Dream come true!laugh.png

• Thumbs Up 2

Can Mike Pollock sing? Because I'd definitely pay to see that!

Reading the wikipedia page, it sounds like an interesting movie. I might watch it even if Eggman and the others only have small cameo appearances.

• Thumbs Up 3