Awoo.

Disney's Wreck-It Ralph

jennytablina

I'm impressed by the breadth of detail being put into this, in everything from the cameos to the worlds to the mechanics of video game day-to-day life. I think that bit will be really fun, but honestly, I still can't bring myself to get excited. Beyond everything else, this is Ralph's story, and it's being completely overshadowed by the mere fact that Disney spent God knows how much money to get all of these cameos in there, making me think that the main story will not be as interesting. I really need to see more of Ralph, not Bowser, not Eggman and Sonic, not Q-bert, nor even the artwork and animation. I need some kind of reinforcement that Ralph can carry a truly rousing and emotional story on his own, especially before I'll start entertaining the notion of this film winning the Oscar.

The facts mention multiple times that "Thing X and Character Y didn't make it in the movie, but could appear in a sequel"

They're not even done with this movie and are already thinking about a sequel? Isn't that a bit early? o:

The facts mention multiple times that "Thing X and Character Y didn't make it in the movie, but could appear in a sequel"

They're not even done with this movie and are already thinking about a sequel? Isn't that a bit early? o:

I'm really hesitant about them doing a sequel. But as long as it's more like the "Rescuers Down Under" in terms of quality and not those god awful DTV sequels I'll be ok.

• Thumbs Up 2

Wow, they're talking sequel already? Sheesh, they must have a lot of faith in this movie then... I'll personally wait to see how the movie is before getting hyped for a sequel, but after reading the 50 facts, I can safely say that I look forward to this movie.

• Thumbs Up 1

it's not uncommon at all, plenty of movies have sequel talk months before the damn thing even comes out, ,don't blame disney, makes sense they'd love to have another franchise that brings in the dosh.

I'm really hesitant about them doing a sequel. But as long as it's more like the "Rescuers Down Under" in terms of quality and not those god awful DTV sequels I'll be ok.

Winnie the Pooh 2011 was a spiritual sequel to the original movie and it was wonderful.

I'd love for this to be good, but I'm not going to substantially raise my expectations. Skrillex is composing part of the soundtrack, and Sarah Silverman is voicing the character that Ralph will be with over the course of the movie. sleep.png

Then again, the plot sounds intriguing with lots of potential. I also loved the scene in the Villains Anonymous meeting. xD Bowser spouting flames and the Pac-Man ghost shivering for the win. And I also look forward to all the cameos.

Either way, I doubt it'll get an Oscar, as the apparent intent of the Academy now is to promote films that wouldn't get attention otherwise. They were pretty much forced to give Heath Ledger the Supporting Actor one back in '09. :/

Edited by meowthecat

I'm positive this movie will win Best Animated Feature, since 2012 is turning out to be a pretty "meh" season for animated films.

• Thumbs Up 2

Meddling executives!

Unfortunately, it seems that the powers that be are a bit afraid of some of the film’s intricacies. In addition to all the beautiful animation, well thought out takes on digital worlds and legitimately philosophical themes, the movie also features a lot of potty humor. Like, a. Lot. Of. Potty. Humor. I’m pretty sure that every single scene we were shown had at least one joke about peeing one’s pants, homophone confusion between Hero’s Duty and Hero’s Doody, or some other scatological theme.

http://collider.com/wreck-it-ralph-footage-recap-review/186361/

Edited by VisionaryBlur

Oh dear. If the humor is mostly made up of that then it'll be a shame. I understand the kiddies enjoy toliet humor but I hope the humor has some variety and finds a balance for being enjoyable to every crowd.

Edited by BlueTidalGamer

And everyone goes from "OMG MOVIE LOOKS AMAZING SO SEEING IT" to "pfft! not hanks. I have better things to do then see this." Shame.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm more skeptical about reading that and need to read from more impressions. Disney doing alot of potty humor sounds so very unlike them.

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 5

I'm more skeptical about reading that. Disney doing Potty jokes sounds so very unlike them.

They're most likely just doing to bring in a younger demographic. I can imagine how the commercials will be now.dry.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, how the tides have turned. Funny how one bit of news can change everyone's perceptions of something.

I really do have to wonder though what person thought "we've come up with a really interesting film premise with lots of cameos from actual videogames to draw in the long-time gamers... but you know what? NEEDS MOAR TOILET HUMOUR!"

• Thumbs Up 2

I have to ask no one. When will this accursed era of potty humor end? I'd even go back to the terrible puns of the 80s!! Yeah, I said it!

Edited by VisionaryBlur
  • Thumbs Up 1

This hasn't changed my perception much. Having stood back from the hype, I had a feeling deep down in my bones that there was going to be a catch with this film. But it's a confusing one. When you're on a relatively good roll as of late, what with Bolt, Princess and the Frog, Tangled, Pooh, etc., and with Lasseter on board, and with all of these different licenses from companies who I imagine would want their properties represented in the best possible film, it certainly raises an eyebrow when a film that's reportedly the best thing since Super Mario Bros. is supposedly being "meddled with" and being injected with lowest common denominator material.

• Thumbs Up 1

They're most likely just doing to bring in a younger demographic. I can imagine how the commercials will be now.dry.png

Yeah, that might appeal to the very young kids or to people who likes that kind of humor but I've never found it to be funny. :\

I still want to hear from more then one news site. This whole thing sound fishy.

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 1

Fuuuuu

I hope it's not as bad as their making it out to be, however, usually even just one, if it's bad enough, makes me cringe uncomfortably. If this movie is seriously littered with it, it'll be insanely disappointing. Especially since I want the idea of more video game based movies to be more popular like the superhero sub-genre.

I just hope they don't fuck this up, the idea behind this movie is WAY to awesome to let it go to shit.

• Thumbs Up 6

I'm more skeptical about reading that and need to read from more impressions. Disney doing alot of potty humor sounds so very unlike them.

It's not really new at all, I mean oh so glorious Pixar is pretty guilty of it, A bugs life had the poo poo platter, Monster's Inc had a scene literally on a toilet, Finding Nemo had a pelican fart joke etc.

this crap is not as shitty as you think it is (doo doo.)

Edited by Star-Lord
  • Thumbs Up 1

My family's pretty obsessed with potty humor, so I'm pretty indifferent to this news... If it's abused though, then this will be a disappointment. I like a good fart joke every now and then but if it's out of place or forced (I'm looking at you Legend of Korra,) then I may have a problem.

Edited by Lyra Heartstrings