Awoo.

Disney's Wreck-It Ralph

jennytablina

It's not really new at all, I mean oh so glorious Pixar is pretty guilty of it, A bugs life had the poo poo platter, Monster's Inc had a scene literally on a toilet, Finding Nemo had a pelican fart joke etc.

I haven't seen any of those Pixar films. The only ones I saw is the Toys Story films. tongue.png If Pixar can get away with it and people still love their movies then hopefully the potty humor in this isn't as bad as people are thinking unless the movie is littered with it.

Edited by sonfan1984

I'm not that surprised actually. Knowing that the movie is from the director of Simpsons, Futurama and drawn together episodes, I kind of expected something like this. I hope they don't make that many of those kind of jokes.

• Thumbs Up 3

Potty humor? Oh so Disney's trying to be like Dreamworks again? (looks at Chicken Little).

Excessive potty humor?

I guess Wario is confirmed for this movie, folks. :P

Somebody is going to interpret that as factual. I know it.

• Thumbs Up 3

I haven't seen any of those Pixar films. The only ones I saw is the Toys Story films. tongue.png If Pixar can get away with it and people still love their movies then hopefully the potty humor in this isn't as bad as people are thinking unless the movie is littered with it.

Even Toy Story had potty humour... Well, the third one made some poop references. Don't think the first or second one did, although there was some flatulence humour in the outtakes of the second.

What do you think about this Picture?

The Left one looks really alot like Tails!

Where did that pic come from?

It's not really new at all, I mean oh so glorious Pixar is pretty guilty of it, A bugs life had the poo poo platter, Monster's Inc had a scene literally on a toilet, Finding Nemo had a pelican fart joke etc.

Not to mention a fart joke during the "outtakes" of Toy Story 2 where Stinky Pete farts right in the middle of saying a line and says something like "I guess that's why they call me Stinky Pete." In addition to that, A Bugs Life had those two roly poly acrobats having a burping contest, but one of them ends up passing gas... I think that was a blooper as well.

But like I said, if the fart/poop/pee jokes don't feel forced, I really don't care. I only have a problem with toilet humor if it's overused or If it actually shows the poop or pee.

Edited by Lyra Heartstrings

Hmph, from a good distance it kind of looked like Chimchar to me.

Hmm...there's a slight resemblance. Like, it looks like it's wearing similar colored shoes, and that does look like a tail...Of course, without a clearer picture, it's hard to tell for sure.

Eh, I think it looks like tails. Has the color palette down, at least.

I'm positive this movie will win Best Animated Feature, since 2012 is turning out to be a pretty "meh" season for animated films.

Rise of the Guardians looks really, really damn amazing, so, I dunno bro. I think this film has /some/ competition.

For some reason, I can't picture it. Everything released of the movie so far really doesn't follow this, so part of me thinks that there could be some exaggeration and its not as often as we think. Either way, at least /some/ toilet humor had to be expected, its pretty standard. Who knows? Maybe it could be like Madagascar 3 which, believe it or not, was really good: it didn't take itself seriously in a couple of scenes, but in others it was really heart felt, sincere, and serious when it really needed to be.

To be honest though, I'm really looking forward to this movie, but for the wrong reasons. I, along with a lot of other people out there, really want to see the video game cameos, so unfortunately I feel like I'm not going to care about the main story. Maybe I will when I see it, it still looks great, but those cameos are really what I want to see.

Edited by Melru

I don't see Tails or Knuckles in that....I see some kid in a raccoon costume and Mrs. Carrot Legs herself. But I'm as blind as a bat...so.....yeah.....It might be them, but it's probably not....

• 4 weeks later...

New trailer!

So many new cameos. I think I spot noob Saibot at one point, also that green guy with the eye, I thought it was the second boss from Altered Beast, but on checking it's not. Definately recognise him from somewhere though.

But.... so many cameos!

Edit: Yeah I also hate the heros duty joke too.

• Thumbs Up 1

It looks...okay? I guess? I mean, cameos and video game references are cool and all but... Meh... I don't know how to describe it, it just looks...not special?

And jokes like "Hero's Doody"... No. Just no. I liked the glasses joke and the "Fix everything" joke though.

I think the movie still looks great. The hero's doody thing isn't super funny to me, but I don't think it's all to bad. Curious how that'll be translated to other languages..

I thought Felix accidentally fixing the bars was really funny, though. I'm glad he's actually a good guy. I was worried he'd end up being an ass.

• Thumbs Up 7

You guys do realize that the "hero's doody" joke is most likely going to make little kids laugh and not grown ass adults or teenagers right? This movie isn't just for gamers who recognize the cameos of beloved gaming franchises but it's also for little kids....and little kids love jokes like that.

I'd thought it was a parody of 'Call of Duty' so I didn't think anything of it.

Hmmm I never thought of it that way, I always thought the Hero's Duty ppl kinda resembled Gears or War or Halo. But I could be wrong lol

This new trailer seems to hint that Ralph and the girl's friendship is gonna be part of the heart of the movie. Also come on guys this movie is from an ex-director of Simpsons and Futurama so a toilet joke or two is expected. I think it can work as long as he handles them with panache like those 2 shows do.

• Thumbs Up 2