Awoo.

Disney's Wreck-It Ralph

jennytablina

...so yeah. Turns out that the movie is called "Sugar Rush" in Japan. Why?

Maybe the Japanese really like candy? Meh, it's anybody's guess really.

1poster.jpg?t=1347563756

Damn 3 Sega characters on the poster alone, Sega is really wanting to push it's franchises out there (which is understandable). Poster should've had Vanellope and Fix-It-Felix on it as well.

If only Ralph would show his teeth in that poster, he'd have made the "Dreamworks Face" club.

• Thumbs Up 1

Question in spoiler just in case

Wasn't Sugar Rush the name of that candy land?

I like that art of Sonic in the poster.

And Eggman?

Excellent [/Mr. Burns]

The poster is cool and all, But i'm gonna ask, why not the actual you know IMPORTANT characters that are in the story?(Or at least the ones with a somewhat important role.) I mean what about fix-it felix, or that FPS chick being voiced by lynch, or the little girl. They could have somehow added them in. I mean I love the poster,great product placement, however it does convey the message that these characters will have important roles. I mean from what we know, Eggman and Sonic have pretty minor roles to play in the movie.

• Thumbs Up 1

This was posted on Facebook:

Hi poster:

1poster.jpg?t=1347563756

I love Sonic and the other cameo characters on the poster n' all, though I do sorta wish that the other main characters were on the poster with Ralph as well.

DAT EGGMAN ART RENDER.

I WANT IT.

ALONE.

NEXT TO CANDLELIGHT.

IN A SEXY MINISKIRT.

/Wonders if they will release artwork renders of the game cameo characters?

• Thumbs Up 3

Hey guys! So I was able to sub the Japanese trailer for Wreck-it Ralph to those who wanna see it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMRFL37EF3o

Just to let ya'll know, this is a rough translation. So lines may not be as accurate as what was actually said. But I can totally guarantee that each line at least gets its point across correctly.

Btw, to those wondering why it's called "Sugar Rush" in Japan, it's mostly because the second half of the entire film takes place in Sugar Rush, since Venellope actually plays a big role in the film. Also, "Sugar Rush" is more easier on the tongue for the Japanese instead of "Wreck-it Ralph".

Personally I like Sugar Rush as the title better, because its named after a brand new world Ralph discovers on his big journey into being a hero, where he meets a lonely girl that will change his life. Don't you think it makes the movie sound more "magical" that way? I know it's classic Disney cheesiness, but still...

I kind of like the german name of the movie as well. It's "Ralph reichts", which means "Ralph has enough". I think it fits the theme of the movie rather well.

Edited by Thigolf

Sugar Rush is a pretty bad title, as it does nothing to explain the overall plot of the story, like at all.

Well like I said, it may not be a smart title for English viewers, but it's much better for Japan since it's easier for them to pronounce.

Also, most of the movie takes place in Sugar Rush anyways, according to this article at least:

http://www.slashfilm...alph-50-things/

27. About half the film takes place in Sugar Rush, simply because Vanellope can’t leave. She’s a glitch in the game and is unable to travel around like Ralph.

So believe it or not, Sugar Rush plays an important role in the film. Therefore, it makes sense to call it Sugar Rush, since it's pretty much the main destination of the entire movie. I'm also pretty sure Venellope plays a much larger role than we think, as if she was a "key" to something important to the plot besides being Ralph's partner in crime.

Besides, Wreck-it Ralph will have a Sugar Rush world theme made by a famous J-Pop group:

http://www.animenews...-wreck-it-ralph

Edited by crashblast23

Just because it's a major world in the movie, doesn't make it a good title for a movie imo, even if they can pronounce it easier.

I dunno, it's like they would've called Super Mario Land "Sarasaland", or Epic Mickey "Wasteland". It's just stupid.

Edited by Thigolf
  • Thumbs Up 7

Just because it's a major world in the movie, doesn't make it a good title for a movie imo, even if they can pronounce it easier.

I dunno, it's like they would've called Super Mario Land "Sarasaland", or Epic Mickey "Wasteland". It's just stupid.

Edited by crashblast23

So Vanellope's a glitch? So that explains the "Everyone says I'm a mistake" like. That's one specific as hell glitch seeing how she looks intentionally made.

Edited by autocon99

So Vanellope's a glitch? So that explains the "Everyone says I'm a mistake" like. That's one specific as hell glitch seeing how she looks intentionally made.

Maybe she is a scrapped character not unlike Honey in "Sonic The Fighters"?

• Thumbs Up 2

Thinking about it: Why didn't they call it "Game Hopping" in Japan? It's fitting and you know immediately what the movie is basically about.

Also, are the movie posters in Japan different? I would get really confused if I saw all those game characters on a poster and the headline would be "Sugar Rush". Actually, in that kind of context, it sounds like a drug movie. xD

• Thumbs Up 3

Something new I think...

"The games companies were very specific - there's a scene in which Bowser drinks a cup of coffee, and they were very specific about how Bowser would drink coffee", Spencer says. He later adds "We had a scene where we wanted the rings to come out of Sonic, and SEGA said the only way that happens is if he falls over, and we didn't have him fall over in the scene, so we actually went back and re-animated it."

http://kotaku.com/59...-but-mario-isnt

Nice find! I really like how they paid attention to specific details of each videogame character they use. Looking forward to seeing such scenes in the movie :D

It would be cool if Sugar Rush was made into a legit kart racer, and Sonic made a cameo. I know a Sugar Rush track would enrage SEGA fans if it appeared in Transformed.

I wish they would explain the other real reason why they didn't use Mario in the film. dry.png

What other reason? Mario was too expensive, they didn't want to pay that much for him, so they left him out. The end.

What other reason? Mario was too expensive, they didn't want to pay that much for him, so they left him out. The end.

That's the reason I'm talking about but the article it said they couldn't find a way to incorporate him into the film so they just left him out.