Awoo.

Disney's Wreck-It Ralph

jennytablina

I know most of THQ's and Sega's movie based games tend to pretty crappy. Activision, (Whom I believe are behind the Wreck it Ralph game, correct me if I'm wrong,) can be hit or miss... I know they've made that recent Amazing Spider-man game, which I heard had got some good reviews.

Edited by Lyra Heartstrings

just wanted to bump this topic with some slightly related news

Attached to the movie is a new animated 2D/3D short called Paperman

Paperman_%282012%29_poster.jpg

the concept and art style look really really gorgeous, looks amazing, more excited for this than ralph honestly.

• Thumbs Up 5

I've known about Paperman for months now, and as a person who likes stuff that tries to break the mold and/or combine different mediums, I'm really excited for it.

Just found out, that the film will be out only at Januray 11 th,2013.

The translation of movie title is awful as usual sounding like "Ralph The Wrecker"

What about other contries?

It's unfair :/

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for early screening!!

More info about release date across the globe: http://www.imdb.com/...341/releaseinfo

UK is even worse: 15 th February, 2013

Edited by Danielius

I'm so much more excited for Paperman than this movie it's either really impressive or just depressing. Wasn't even going to see Ralph but the short looks so gorgeous I'm willing to go for that alone.

• Thumbs Up 4

New poster!

They're about to wreck someone's shit up.

Hahah, look at Eggman! XD He looks as though he is cooking up something really fiendish. :B

Hahah, look at Eggman! XD He looks as though he is cooking up something really fiendish. :B

And imagine this with his theme song

Shit just got real!

Edited by Danielius

Did they HAVE to make Vanellope a princess though? It'd be fine by me if she just got a better life as a resolution without that Disney, honest.

So I went to Disneys Hollywood studio's today... they have/will have a wreck it ralph attraction. The attraction itself was closed, but they had a large seperate section dedicated to the movie. It was so cool!

Concept art of the movie, some of it showed videogame characters, and one which I've not spotted before... BUBSY! Yup, almost certain it was him. It was either him of Crash, it was hard to tell since he was a background character, but it was definately someone like Crash/Bubsy.

Also spotted a second Altered Beast boss which was the Rhino guy, they were talking to one another. They also had clay sculpts of some of the characters and large paintings of the characters and renders of them too, however... NO sonic characters, anywhere. Not even in the concept art/promo images.

Also, no Ralph merch, anywhere. Despite the movie coming out in less than a month and posters for it on the disney buses, theres no merch, not even disney pins.

I took video of this area, but won't have it uploaded until next week.

• Thumbs Up 5

Did they HAVE to make Vanellope a princess though? It'd be fine by me if she just got a better life as a resolution without that Disney, honest.

They subvert it with Vanellope not wanting to be a princess, but rather wanting Sugar Rush to be run by a democracy and thus becomes president (retaining her original apparel), if the junior novelization is anything to go by.

Edited by SonHOG

So I went to downtown Disney today, where all the Disney shops are, I found one piece of Wreck it Ralph merch. It was a childrens book of the film. The full title was something like 'A golden book: Wreck it Ralph' A Golden Book is a series that takes the bare minimum of the plot to make a book thats easy for children to read, it also contains artwork based on the film.

So... plot spoilers ahoy.

Wreck it Ralph is not what a lot of people are expecting, the vasty majority of the film does not take place in game central, but instead it takes place in Sugar Rush, Heroes Duty and a third game world (unsure of this, it might be Sugar Rush only it looked like a different game, some kind of kart racing game).

After the whole game central section, Ralph jumps to Heroes Duty and does quite well, he gets a medal in fact and becomes a hero. He then jumps to Sugar Rush where he meets that girl. Ralph thinks the medal is awesome but the girl laughs at it (might be a reference to gamers who think that prestige status on COD is like the best thing ever?).

Meanwhile, Ralph isn't in his game, so in the real world he's missing and the arcade guy thinks the game is broken, and places an out of order sticker on it. The characters in the game evacuate it because otherwise they'll be deleted/die if the game is turned off/declared broken.

Now at this point I was skim reading through the plot so forgive me if theres jumps here and there.

Ralph and the girl decide to enter a kart race (for some reason) and a lot of the story is them practicing, now at this point a lot of other characters start to 'game jump' characters from Heroes Duty enter Sugar Rush, and it seems that Felix enters Sugar Rush and becomes some guy named 'Turbo....something or other' (remember I was skim reading this bit). Not sure if it is Felix, but it certainly looks like him.

Ralph returns to his game, but discovers it's 'dying' as the entire population have evacuated before the plug is pulled forever, ralph angry and realising how selfish he's been throwns his heroes duty medal away. He then returns to Sugar Rush and with the help of that girl, wins the race and defeats a giant green candy monster (yes there was a picture of a giant green candy monster).

Meanwhile in the real world, a new game called 'Fix it Felix Jr' is made, Ralphs characters migrate to that game and call it home. Theres a big party... all his friends are invited... but I didn't spot companion cube.

And thats it.

Now... bare in mind this is a stripped down version of the plot and I was skim reading it, but anyone who thought this would be a 'who framed rodger rabbit style of movie with lots of videogame characters popping up all the time. Think again, it doesn't seem to be (I could be wrong with this). But the majority of the movie seems to take place in Heroes Duty and Sugar Rush.

There are however references to various game memes, e.g. the videogame characters begging for food, one has a banner that says 'I used to be in a FPS, but then I took an arrow to the knee.'

The book did however include the HOTD zombie, Zangief, Noob Saibot, Kano and I think Bowser. But no Sonic characters were in it.