Awoo.

Disney's Wreck-It Ralph

jennytablina

I just found out that the movie is showing Thursday at the Philadelphia Film Fest, $12 a ticket.

Problem is, I also want to see Rifftrax Birdemic that same night, but if that falls though then I'm doing a SEGAbits podcast. Thursday is a busy night!

Barry, I too am going to see Rifftrax: Birdemic. I missed my chance to get an advanced ticket in my area, so I'm stuck seeing the Rifftrax thing (it's awesome, but considering that I could see Wreck it Ralph early, it's disappointing). Hopefully, there's a midnight release in MN. (Dammit AMC, why don't you list it? D: )

Edited by SonHOG

Say, look at what I just got.

SwGUx.jpg

Yep, I'll post my review of the movie either tomorrow or Wednesday, so yay. I'll let you know if it's any good!

I. Hate. You.

Just kidding. Have fun, and I can't wait to read your review tomorrow!

• Thumbs Up 3

"I guess that's Mario. Fashionably late as per usual." XD It's nice that he's at least mentioned. Also very nice to hear Sonic's voice in high quality.

Well, this is semi-related so why not?

Adult Swim is promoting the film through Toonami. They've been airing an AD promoting Toonami and at the end TOM endorses the film. He even says that this Saturday, he is going to review Fix-it Felix Jr.

Skip to 0:16 for the part about Wreck-it Ralph.

Now that I think about it, it's kind of odd to be promoting a family film on Adult Swim but with TOM's game reviews, I guess it makes some sense. Kinda. Not going to complain. The more promotion for the film, the better.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond

Here;s a video about the reunion of Buckner and Garcia''s band to make the Wreck-it Ralph song.

It's nice to see Mario in there. Who knows if we'll more. Also, it's great to hear Sonic's voice without people screaming over the top of it.

I can't believe I never noticed Frogger in the scene where the little kids are running away when they Ralph...

Hold on, why is Tiny from Meet the Robinson's in Game Central Station :U

ArQky.jpg

They put him in as a reference to Disney's past films. Disney likes doing that a lot. For instance, you can see Ms. Potts from Beauty in the Beast briefly in Tarzan, and on top of that you can briefly see the genies lamp from Aladdin during the "Dig a little deeper" song in Princess and the frog.

Sonic the Fighters Spotted in New Wreck-It-Ralph Trailer

Wreck-It-Ralph-Sonic-The-Fighters.jpg

http://www.sonicstad...-ralph-trailer/

Cool! Of course, SegaSonic Arcade would have been even better (especially if we got to see Mighty/Ray cameo).

And Hogfather, you'd probably be interested to know that there definitely is some merch coming out for WIR. I found action figures of Felix and Ralph at Target. They're accurate and to scale with each other (so Ralph is about 10" tall!) Do some googling and you'll find the toys.

Oh, and here's a brand new Japanese poster!

Wreck-It-Ralph-Japanese-Poster.jpg

Edited by SonikkuForever
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hold on, why is Tiny from Meet the Robinson's in Game Central Station :U

ArQky.jpg

Isn't that yellow dinosaur the one from Primal Rage? (except with red straps)

Also, those Pacman ghost are a reference of the game itself: The Cyan ghost will always attack you when it's with the red one

• Thumbs Up 1

7. After-Credits Scene - Ralph and Fix-It Felix, I believe, are in 16-bit, running next to Sonic in Chemical Plant Zone from Sonic 2, which Sonic then hits 16-Bit Dr. Eggman and rings flies out, it then shows the names of the writers or producers I think, which was a pretty damn cool touch, and they did this with Q-Bert and Street Fighter as well.

tumblr_mc25hxVvj71r3zat8.gif

Okay, I am absolutely going to watch this movie when it releases here in... January 3rd. :( Well, the UK guys got it worse so I won't whine.

Thanks for the review Freddie.

Great to know the movie's good. I'm very hyped up for this film, not just for the cameos but for the story and characters as well! Heck, I'd be just as excited if all the cameos were just expies instead. It's a movie about video games, and one that looks like a lot of fun at that! biggrin.png

Any questions you want to ask me about the story, other character cameos, etc.?

Yes, is it full of toilet humor as that preview guy said a while ago?

Yes, is it full of toilet humor as that preview guy said a while ago?

No. They had that one scene we saw in the trailer, which had two or three jokes, and at the very end before Ralph leaves Sugar Rush, I believe Ralph jokes about it, but it's not filled to the brim with it or anything.

Edited by Fix-It Freddie

Does Eggman get any lines?

No, but I thought I heard him chuckle when walking out of the therapy meeting.

Also, Mario didn't have a cameo, but he was mentioned at the 30th Anniversary Party of Fix-It Felix Jr., where Fix-It Felix said "Probably Mario, he's always fashionably late." after he heard Ralph ring the doorbell or something.

Ugh, that was a potential Valve joke, but probably it would have been understood by only a restricted audience.