Awoo.

Disney's Wreck-It Ralph

jennytablina

Saw the movie yesterday. This is officially one of my favorite Disney movies of all time. I enjoyed every minute of it, the characters were charming, the humor was great, the animation was crisp and clean, and I loved all the references and cameos to other video game franchises. Paperman was also an amazing short film, I love how it perfectly blended traditional animation with CGI, along with a simple, but heart-touching story.

Disney, you made your mark this year. Hats off to you.

Saw it today. Loved it! Now I firmly believe that Disney has entered another golden age after the high quality of Princess and the Frog, Winnie the Pooh, Tangled, and now Wreck it Ralph. Keep it up Disney!

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm excited to see paperman as much as I am for WIR, as an animation geek, I can't wait to see if they used tricks that we frame-by-frame animators use, despite it being CGI. It IS possible, I've seen it happen in the CGI cutscenes and intros of Sonic games, Night of the Werehog, Sonic looks for car insurance to prepare for ASRT, ect.

Edited by autocon99

So angry this will only get released on Brazil by January. Although, judging by what you guys are saying and the trailers, it seems really high quality and I'm excited to watch.

Yes, this is a Disney flick without any obligatory singing, and it's so much better for it.

It really depends on the film, does it need it or not, can you replace the song with exposition and would be as good? Obviously Wreck it Ralph doesn't need it.

2. Disney movies barely did that in the 60s-80s, so it's far from obligatory.

It really depends on the film, does it need it or not, can you replace the song with exposition and would be as good? Obviously Wreck it Ralph doesn't need it.

2. Disney movies barely did that in the 60s-80s, so it's far from obligatory.

Well having grown up in the 90's, there was lots of singing in my Disney movies.

Were there any other big ass video game cameos that aren't in any previews?

- Fix-It asked if Mario was coming to the 30th party (not sure if that was added in last minute because of Nintendo bailing) Also a red mushroom makes an appearance

- Ryu is seen in 3D at a bar enjoying a root beer, Chun-Li and Cammy are visible a couple of times, Blanka and the car bonus level are shown during the end credits

- The Metal Gear Solid " ! " sound

- 2 rows of signed drawings of various game characters is at the root beer bar.. going to be a major pausing point when I get the DVD/Blu Ray

- Graffiti at one of the stations gives away stacks of references

- The Konami code also got in there :P

Well having grown up in the 90's, there was lots of singing in my Disney movies.

And then the 2000s came, and there wasn't a musical until Princess and the Frog in 2009.

I liked alot of the Disney songs in the classic movies. They're very memorable.

• Thumbs Up 2

"Be Prepared" from The Lion King, for example. Really awesome.

• Thumbs Up 2

So I got back from the movie and I only have five words to say.

Animated movie of the year.

Story was great, characters were enjoyable, the references and cameos weren't that all distracting and like ParaNorman, had a shocking plot twist regarding the villain.

So angry this will only get released on Brazil by January. Although, judging by what you guys are saying and the trailers, it seems really high quality and I'm excited to watch.

You think you have it bad? The UK has to wait until February.

What could be worse? Japan has to wait until March when it's most of THEIR characters. It's really stupid.

I loved the part where Sonic gets hit by a spaceship and loses all his rings.

I only know of it from watching a trailer with it, I barely caught it in the theater (my wife totally missed it).

Why Should I Worry by Jürgen Drews for off topic.

Edited by Applejack1973

I'm hearing that this movie is kind of a bait and switch, that most of the actual video game characters only show up in the first few minutes and then barely at all afterwards. Then they do it again when the Japanese title becomes the more accurate one and the rest of the movie is just in Sugar Rush. Then it seems as though the plot of that game basically becomes the plot of the movie for a while.

I'm hearing that this movie is kind of a bait and switch, that most of the actual video game characters only show up in the first few minutes and then barely at all afterwards. Then they do it again when the Japanese title becomes the more accurate one and the rest of the movie is just in Sugar Rush. Then it seems as though the plot of that game basically becomes the plot of the movie for a while.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Thumbs Up 5

I... I actually thought Paperman was better than the actual movie. Really didn't expect that. Seriously, this movie was a little disappointing. It started off soooooo slow. I actually groaned in the theater at some points. The movie picked up after a while, but it really did feel like it took too long to get good for me. I was the only one in my group of friends that thought so, too. I don't get it. XD A lot of the dialogue was pretty lame, too. Don't get me wrong, it's a good movie, but not great.

Edited by sonfan1984