Awoo.

Disney's Wreck-It Ralph

jennytablina

This movie could have been so much better if Sarah Silverman's character wasn't so irritating.

I kind of agree. There were times where she was tolerable and times where her obnoxious levels went way up.

99% of complaints: Too much Sugar Rush, RUINED FOREVER.

I didn't mind at all, not only did it introduce a character, but it exposed the villain, and had slightly dark moments (well, that's an upside for people who likes darkness in their Disney feature length animations). Also Vanellope, surprisingly, wasn't that all annoying.

• Thumbs Up 1

She's a bratty seven year old kid, she was SUPPOSED to be irritating and obnoxious. THAT WAS THE POINT.

I did say she was okay in some scenes, didn't I? So I don't necessarily hate her.

Yeah, I actually thought Vanellope was okay. Least favorite of the main four, sure, but still a likable character overall.

I think my overall favorite is a tossup between Ralph and Felix; Ralph for being a lovable old curmudgeon, and Felix for his squeaky-clean dorkiness. Calhoun takes a comfortable third place, with the aforementioned Vanellope in fourth.

She's a bratty seven year old kid, she was SUPPOSED to be irritating and obnoxious. THAT WAS THE POINT.

Agreed. Not to mention in the movie at one point when Vanellope asked: Why are your hands so freakishly big?, Ralph replied: "I don't know. Why are you so freakishly annoying?" So I guess making Vanellope annoying is what Disney was definitely going for, as even the main character of the movie found her irritating as well. tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 2

I loved this movie. I really hated that Nintendo wouldn't lower the bar to let Mario and others in, though.

Also, in the movie, Fix-It Felix is basically a Mario-expy, minus the Italian. He was probably my least favorite character.

I loved this movie. I really hated that Nintendo wouldn't lower the bar to let Mario and others in, though.

Also, in the movie, Fix-It Felix is basically a Mario-expy, minus the Italian. He was probably my least favorite character.

On that note, then Wreck-it-Ralph is Donkey Kong-expy, minus the fur; and Sergeant Calhoun is Samus Aran.

My least favorite character is also Vaneloppe, as contradictory as it sounds, but by no means do I dislike her at all. I just think all the other characters are superior.

Even "King Candy".

http://www.boxoffice...rebootralph.htm

Wreck-It Ralph has grossed $61.1 million worldwide, and $49.1 million in the US, $12 million in foreign countries, officially making it the highest-grossing debut for a Walt Disney Animation Studios Production.

You're damn right it did!

I might be alone in this, but this is one of the few times I've ever walked out of a movie and commented that I would watch a sequel of it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, so how about that sequel that the director is talking about? They should have more then enough money from this film to make one and hopefully the stuff that can be improved or was cut can be added in the sequel.

I saw the movie today. I was very pleased. I'd even say it's my favorite movie of this year, and definitely places in my (Indecisive and unorganized) top favorite Disney Movies list. There were parts where I "aww'd" and even got teary eyed.

Definitely worth a watch, though if you're going to see it just for the cameos, then you're probably going to be disappointed.

Edited by Lyra of the Undead

It's open.

Now during the video theres references to some video games... when you get to 2:00 when the characters come out... listen to the background music.

Is that Sonic colours music playing? Because it sure sounds like it.

You can hear it again at around 2:50.

• Thumbs Up 1

Vallelope is a mixed bag; on one end you feel for her plight, and you want to see her succeed and she has a valid excuse for her attitude, but on other hand, her attitude is just abhorrent at times, I know that's the point of her character being nine years old and all, but I think it worked a little too well because some of her dialogue and jokes are just "ugh". I was able to overlook it for the sake of the plot, but still....gotta say she got a surprising amount of screentime considering how scarce she was in the marketing, to the point where you can make a decent argument that she becomes the main character displacing Ralph after he gets to Sugar Rush.

She's my least favorite of the four main characters, but I don't she's a terrible character at all, and she becomes a lot more tolerable after her and Ralph bond. I gotta say tho, the chemistry between Felix and Calhoun is fucking hilarious.

Edited by Ragna the Bloodedge
  • Thumbs Up 5

Another video showing more of the Hollywood Studios attraction.

Theres an Altered Beast, Castlevania and Crazy Taxi reference as well as many many more. But only text references, no visuals.

It's open.

Now during the video theres references to some video games... when you get to 2:00 when the characters come out... listen to the background music.

Is that Sonic colours music playing? Because it sure sounds like it.

You can hear it again at around 2:50.

Yes, it's Tropical Resort playing in the background. :)

I swear that song playing around 3:23 is from Mario Kart...I just can't remember what track it's from!

Edited by Freddie Winston

I swear that song playing around 3:23 is from Mario Kart...I just can't remember what track it's from!

Yep, it's one of the songs from the first game.

There was also music from Zelda and Tron, and even an 8-bit remix of smooth criminal.

Edited by lbyrd2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Someone edit the part where Ralph is skyboarding to mentos mountain and have Sonic run next to him saying " you need a hand, buddy? "