Awoo.

Disney's Wreck-It Ralph

jennytablina

I finally saw Wreck-It-Ralph yesterday, and it was easily THE BEST MOVIE I HAVE EVER SEEN. Plot twists, little details and cameos, beautiful graphics, everything was perfect. You can really tell a lot of work went into this film. For example, in the game world of Fix-It-Felix Jr., everything's 3D, but with a "retro" style, so when a character brings out a pie, the steam is all pixellated. It's little details like that which really make the movie a must-see in my book. I actually liked Vanellope. She was a bit grating for the first 2 minutes we see her, but then she grew on me, and now she's actually my favorite original character from the movie.

For those who haven't seen the movie yet (or want to see it again), I've compiled a list of all the Sonic cameos I managed to spot (in chronological order). They're spoiler-free, so don't worry!

- During Ralph's opening monologue, look for a Sonic Championship machine in the arcade. It's only there for a few seconds, so keep your eyes peeled!

- Sonic gives a PSA on a billboard in Game Central Station. It takes up most of the movie screen, so it's impossible to miss. Tails also cameos as one of the characters milling about, but he's in the background and tough to spot.

- When Felix tells his party guests that Ralph has shown up uninvited, everyone gasps, including Sonic, who apparently was invited.

- When Ralph meets the soldier from Hero's Duty in Tapper's, look carefully at the pencil portraits on the wall. There's one of Sonic and another one of Eggman!

- Poor Sonic gets hit by a runaway rocket in Game Central Station and loses his rings!

- Later on in the film, there's a shot where Ralph is talking to a character with his back to the main floor of Game Central Station. Look carefully behind Ralph and you might catch Sonic, running around the floor and stopping to have a conversation with Q*Bert!

-And finally, the granddaddy of them all - during the credits, Ralph game-jumps into Sonic 2, and for a few glorious seconds we see 16-bit Sonic running through a 3D sprite version of Chemical Plant Zone, followed by Ring sprites shooting out of the screen (which must be seen in 3D to be appreciated).

Edited by SonikkuForever
  • Thumbs Up 6

What grinds my gear is that all of those girly costume people are always frolicking like a freaking Smurf.

Walk like a normal person, jeez. It's so unrealistic.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just a warning to you all: avoid the video game like the plague. You'd think a game based off a movie based off of video games would be good, or that they'd at least do the obvious and make playable versions of the in-universe games, but nooooo. Instead, we get this rubbish. (And yes, this is the Wii version). The online games from the website are better than this.

Avoid the game in general if you haven't seen the movie.

edit: wow, after watching over 3 minutes of footage the game just screams 'cheap cash in'. It looks awful.

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 1

These graphics are DOG shit, this is something you'd see on a launch title DS game not the fucking Wii!

And the gameplay looks so bland and rudimentary, just awful.

Is that really some designer's idea of a kid's game? Just walking left to right swapping characters every time they hit a wall? That's not a game, that's digital busy work.

Just a warning to you all: avoid the video game like the plague. You'd think a game based off a movie based off of video games would be good, or that they'd at least do the obvious and make playable versions of the in-universe games, but nooooo. Instead, we get this rubbish. (And yes, this is the Wii version). The online games from the website are better than this.

I think I died inside a little bit.

This looks so shitty graphics-wise.

The sad part is I actually see a unique concept inside all this puke, having two characters designed around the concept of destroying and fixing could have made for interesting puzzles and level design, but they just fucked it all up.

This looks like a low budget Indie Game, like even for a movie game this is looks awful, dear god.

Hm, the one video game-related movie that is genuinely good in its own right... gets a crappy video game adaptation. Pity.

These graphics are DOG shit, this is something you'd see on a launch title DS game not the fucking Wii!

Funny how we finally get a video game movie that's good and yet the game based on the said movie sucks.

Shame on the video game looking like that. You would think a movie about video games would at least have a better video game for it than that.

That's because the Wii version is, inexplicably, a direct port of the DS version. I wanted a playable Sugar Rush Speedway...

• Thumbs Up 1

That's because the Wii version is, inexplicably, a direct port of the DS version. I wanted a playable Sugar Rush Speedway...

So wait the Wii version is literal copypaste of the DS version?

Fucking cheap.

Finally saw it. It was WONDERFUL! Shame on you people that actually have complaints about it. This is an instant classic. Great story, Adorable characters, Great gamer fanservice, Fantastic and unique soundtrack and the best near-end plot twist I've seen in a long time.

You can't call yourself a gamer if you don't love this moviebiggrin.png

Edited by pppp

Which means if they had made a game based on the Super Mario Bros. movie back in the day, it would have been revolutionary.
Don't forget a game did use this logic...

Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game

• Thumbs Up 1

What did you guys expect from the assholes who made MW3: Ctrl V and bought Crash Bandicoot before throwing him away like spoiled milk? (I'm STILL pissed off about that cancelled Crash Bandicoot 2010 game, dear God, that looked like it would revive the series. But I digress.)