Awoo.

Disney's Wreck-It Ralph

jennytablina

I'm all for a sequel! As long as the character relationships from the end of the first film remain strong and intact, I'm happy.

Been thinking of potential sequel ideas and I thought it would be hilarious if they played up the sequelness by playing with common video game sequel tropes, namely sidekicks. 

How funny would it be if there exists a Luigi-type character equivalent to Felix, and he will have nothing to do with a reformed Ralph?

Or perhaps it turns out that over the years there have been sequels to Fix-It Felix and Ralph in the modern world Ralph is just an underling to a much greater villain? Like how Donkey Kong was initially Mario's enemy and is now something completely different?

Sure it is sort of a Toy Story 2 in reverse, where we learn of the fictional character's futures as opposed to their past, and we learn of other characters in the Felix cast. But screw it, I'd love to see that. I'd love to see a Wreck-It Ralph take on the Modern/Classic Sonic sort of concept.

Edited by Barry the Nomad
  • Thumbs Up 6

Hey, I'd love a sequel to Wreck it Ralph as well! Yeah, sure Disney has gained a notoriety over bad sequels, but keep in mind... Disney is actually capable of making good sequels if they actually put their hearts into it. (See: Rescuers Down Under and Winnie the Pooh 2011.)

That said, I've heard that the cast and crew are interested in making one, and Rich Moore has expressed interest in exploring console games. This should be interesting and there's a lot more room for cameos that time around if that's what they go for.

Hey, I'd love a sequel to Wreck it Ralph as well! Yeah, sure Disney has gained a notoriety over bad sequels, but keep in mind... Disney is actually capable of making good sequels if they actually put their hearts into it. (See: Rescuers Down Under and Winnie the Pooh 2011.)

That said, I've heard that the cast and crew are interested in making one, and Rich Moore has expressed interest in exploring console games. This should be interesting and there's a lot more room for cameos that time around if that's what they go for.

Is the 2011 Winnie The Pooh a sequel? I see it more as a Standalone? huh.png

Oh shit the Paperman? The paper Aeroplane short? How the hell I forget that what a great short. So I am glad it won a Oscar hell all of Disney/Pixar shorts tend to be really really good.smile.png

Not really. Other then some of the references, it did a good job at explaining how shit worked in it's world. If you had no knowledge of video games, you'd still be fine.

I'm sure you'd still have a grasp on the plot but looking at my Gf's little sister (who's 9 and should really be the target audience for thisfilm) I dunno how much she got of it other than, he's a video game character who goes to a racing game.

She pointed out every Sonic cameo though, but only in case I missed them (got her well trained:))

*looks at your location*

*Brave is about Scotts*

I laughed.

I do agree though, Brave was a good movie tongue.png

Lol, that's not the reason I liked it, though I will admit it was nice to get a Pixar film with scottish slang, I could imagine american audiences just listening through parts of it with totally blank expressions.

I'm all for a sequel! As long as the character relationships from the end of the first film remain strong and intact, I'm happy.

Been thinking of potential sequel ideas and I thought it would be hilarious if they played up the sequelness by playing with common video game sequel tropes, namely sidekicks. 

How funny would it be if there exists a Luigi-type character equivalent to Felix, and he will have nothing to do with a reformed Ralph?

Or perhaps it turns out that over the years there have been sequels to Fix-It Felix and Ralph in the modern world Ralph is just an underling to a much greater villain? Like how Donkey Kong was initially Mario's enemy and is now something completely different?

Sure it is sort of a Toy Story 2 in reverse, where we learn of the fictional character's futures as opposed to their past, and we learn of other characters in the Felix cast. But screw it, I'd love to see that. I'd love to see a Wreck-It Ralph take on the Modern/Classic Sonic sort of concept.

Yeah that'd be cool, maybe litwaks could sell Fix itfelix jnr to a mueseum of classic arcade games or something. Then the characters couldmeet up with even more classic arcade characters.

As for the luigi thing, wouldn't Felix himself be the Luigi character? He is Fix it Felix Jnr after all, The original fix it Felix would be the sort of mario character :)

On another subject, has anyone played the game? In theory it should be cool, it has potential for countless gaming easter eggs but it's probably crap.

On another subject, has anyone played the game? In theory it should be cool, it has potential for countless gaming easter eggs but it's probably crap.

Looks pretty amazing!  Best Playstation game of the y--- what... The Wii and 3DS?  Are you ki-... oh...

(Also the game is set AFTER the movie and the opening FMV literally spoils 80% of the movie's plot without warning).

• Thumbs Up 3

Wait so Paperman actually won an Oscar?

Fuck WIR then. I don't know why everyone is complaining when clearly the best part of the movie got the award it deserves.

I'm glad it got some good recognition, Paperman was a great short but... I honestly didn't think it was that great. It was a simple, awesome piece of animation that I think a lot of people put on too high of a pedestal considering the price of admission. For me it was a really fantastic bonus to an already great package that was proof enough of Disney's everlasting ability to innovate. The story was cute but it wasn't much more than that to me.
  • Thumbs Up 7

I'd love to see a sequel to WIR, especially if it's about online gaming! So many possibilities right there.

I'm glad Disney won for Paperman, the first Oscar winning Disney short since 1969 apparently! It's a cute short with some superb animation. Cartoon Brew says otherwise (they REALLY favour the short Adam and Dog there), but I just ignore them. XP

Pretty sure that if Disney keeps up this quality with films like WIR and shorts like Paperman, they might just take home that long overdue and well deserved Oscar.

Edited by Gabz Girl

What I love most about Paperman was just how visually striking it was more than anything.  The story was there just to give it a little heart, but it was all about the animation really.

I may be a little biased towards it too because I adoooore the soundtrack though.  They could have been really traditional and dainty with it considering the oldies setting but the fact that they made it so modern and oomphy towards the end just made it such a magical experience.  I sincerely pity those who didn't view it in a cinema first time coz mmm it sounded so good in big-o-vision.

I do think it's ever so slightly better in 2D though.  In 3D it just looks like cel-shaded 3D animation, in 2D the drawn-over aspects become much more apparent.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 1

Also has no-one even fucking mentioned the Paperman won an Oscar yet?  Bravo to that one, very deserved, truly did something new with animation.

I have to agree about Paperman winning for "Best Animated Short". It was well deserved.

ParaNorman was the best received underdog animation of last year. If anything, that was the movie people hoped would win the most.

Brave was mediocre. Don't see much of a reason for it winning apart from it being conceptually empowering for the female gender, and while I enjoy that the execution is left bland and predictable. I think Ralph was better in every sense of the word both at captivating the audience with charming characters, interesting twists/conspiracies and a tear jerking finale. It wouldn't have been my personal pick for the Oscar since I feel ParaNorman deserved it more than any other movie, but it would have been the most likely candidate in my eyes.

I hope Pixar's animation studios hits it out of the park with Monster's University this year cause with their two latest efforts I feel like their quality has been dipping and that there have been so many better animated features that deserve the limelight.

That's exactly why I felt Brave wasn't deserving of "Best Animated Feature". Don't get me wrong, it's not a horrible movie by any means, but for a Pixar movie, I thought it was underwhelming. Like others have said, hopefully Monster's University will be good.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm glad to hear that Paperman won an Oscar. It's a beautiful short film, simply amazing and one I could watch over and over again. Wreck it Ralph may not had won the Oscar, but that doesn't mean that the movie isn't fine in its own right, Oscar or no Oscar. That said, I'm honestly not disappointed that it didn't win. I enjoyed Wreck it Ralph so much that I went back to see it a second time at the theatre.

Speaking of that second time, I don't think I mentioned in this thread my second go-around in seeing Wreck it Ralph. I had really wanted to see the movie again as I really enjoyed it, not to mention I had promised some little buddies of mine as well as my niece and nephews that I would take them to see the movie. So orginally, it was going to be me and 6 kids that I was going to take to see the film. In the end it ended up being a total of 10 kids along with my sister and another friend of ours. It's a good thing that I had some extra money saved up to accomodate everyone!

I found watching the movie the second time to be much sweeter. I laughed and shed a few tears more than I did the first time as more of the movie both humored and touched me. The crowd the second time was much more lively, laughing, cheering and whatnot, especially for Sonic. I especially got a kick out of hearing my niece and nephews squeal about Sonic and Dr. Eggman.

And as for a sequel, add me to the list in favor of one!  I wouldn't mind one at all. The potential on expand upon the video game world in a movie is huge. I could see a sequel to this being done, and very well too with a ton of directions it could go in...I've seen some good suggestions here in this thread with ideas of a sequel, actually.

Now I'm looking forward to the DVD release as this is a movie I can still watch over and over again. In the end seeing the movie 2 times at the theatre ended up being quite the expensive entertaining event! But in the end it was worth totally worth it, with every squeal about Sonic, smile, hug and "thank you" I got from the kids and their parents made it worth every single cent that I spent and then some. It made my day to see 14 happy kids from seeing Wreck it Ralph, 15 kids if you include this 29 year old (me), who on occasion is a big kid still inside. tongue.png

Edited by Sonikku_Kiah
  • Thumbs Up 2

You think they couldn't go wrong with a game based off a movie ABOUT videogames, so much potential for a 3 way split gameplay experience, an awesome platformer with retro aspects to fall in with the movie, first person shooter for Hero's Duty finish off with platforming, then entering Sugar Rush there was potential for a kart racer too, with the final boss battle with more platforming.

Instead we got an ass mediocre platformer :/

• Thumbs Up 3

For what it's worth, the games on the Disney website are actually "okay" considering they're completely free.

Was going to mention these, but I think the fan in me wanted a full blown game that took advantage of all the genre in the movie, especially Sugar Rush, was telling Rabid-Noodles that how awesome would it be if Sumo Digital developed a full Sugar Rush title? :P

• Thumbs Up 1

You think they couldn't go wrong with a game based off a movie ABOUT videogames, so much potential for a 3 way split gameplay experience, an awesome platformer with retro aspects to fall in with the movie, first person shooter for Hero's Duty finish off with platforming, then entering Sugar Rush there was potential for a kart racer too, with the final boss battle with more platforming.

All that's missing some emerald medal hunting. ;P

Edited by Pawn

Ironic isn't it. 

Also, count me on the people who loved Paperman, the story was pretty cute but nothing noteworthy; it's real magic is the animation and how fluidly it flows, seriously that was one of the most charming things about it for me.

Couldn't agree more. Paperman was simply beautiful and outshined the feature it was a opener for. To make a plot and characters that can be summed up in a sentence or two into an engaging experience is truly a great achievement. That simple short shows the real strength of animation as a storytelling medium better than many feature-length affairs. 

What does it say about this movie when I love it purely from seeing only bits and pieces of it on youtube and it's AMAZING ending song?

BvZvhM4.jpg

Disney.. I'm not sure what you're trying to imply here.

Devising that the product is suggested for people between 5-6 years of age, I don't even want to go there.

• Thumbs Up 1