Awoo.

Disney's Wreck-It Ralph

jennytablina

BvZvhM4.jpg

Disney.. I'm not sure what you're trying to imply here.

I could only imagine what girls's panties could have with Vanellope on them.....

I could only imagine what girls's panties could have with Vanellope on them.....

Let's not think about that.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just pointing out that Disney is shipping pre-orders now. So, if you ordered from Disney you're likely to get it by release date or perhaps earlier depending on where you live.

RISE FROM YOU GRAVE.

Bump but, I figure this is noteworthy. Disney Movie Rewards is currently holding a Wreck-It Ralph sweepstakes. All members are automatically entered, and can use their points to throw their name into the raffle some more. The grand prize? A Fix-It Felix Jr. arcade cabinet, fully functional. It's one of the cabinets from San Diego Comic-Con. That's not all, you also get a plush of yours truly with it. Runners up get a Disney store gift card or a plush.

http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/promotions/sweepstakes/WIRsweeps

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph

I swear, this mockumentary is one of the funniest things I've seen in weeks. King of Kong Spoof XD

• Thumbs Up 2

That was like the greatest thing ever haha.

But seriously, I can't believe they actually made something like that XD. I guess it just seems so left field to have "Disney" slapped on it that it's hard to believe it even got made. That aside though it was really good and lol'd quite a bit at some of the King of Kong parodies made.

I also lost my shit completely at the "new hand"

I've got exciting news! Tomorrow, I will have the chance to speak with Gene Lee, senior software engineer on Wreck-it-Ralph in the modeling and animation department. I plan on asking him if the Sonic model used in the movie was built at the studio or sent to them by SEGA, but I'm sure there's tons of other potential questions to be asked (like which characters cameo in Game Central Station). What would you like me to ask him?

I've got exciting news! Tomorrow, I will have the chance to speak with Gene Lee, senior software engineer on Wreck-it-Ralph in the modeling and animation department. I plan on asking him if the Sonic model used in the movie was built at the studio or sent to them by SEGA, but I'm sure there's tons of other potential questions to be asked (like which characters cameo in Game Central Station). What would you like me to ask him?

ask him if he knows anything about the sequel rumours. :)

That's awesome BTW how you getting the chance to meet him?

There's an interview with Rich Moore on Sonic Channel. Here's the (bad) translation of the interview:

(I below) Iizuka: Today I am honored to meet you. In severe, Schedule Thank you for your time in a variety of coverage. It is today, so the website called "Sonic Channel" This interview, thank you.

It is directed by Rich Moore (R below): Is that so?

I: So, a lot of people who read this article, I will be called Sonic fan.

R: It's amazing! I'm going to a party of Sonic, which was held in accordance with the (※ 1) Comic Con in San Diego last year's Speaking of Sonic ...

I: Oh, it is an event "SonicBoom" you have invited a Sonic fan.

So: R. That the party were you?

There were, of course: I.

R: That party was amazing! Everyone was excited. I love it more than the Sonic guys!

I: I'm a fan of Sonic were you excited to meet you.

R: I wonder (laughs)?

How was your reflections and feelings of that time in Comic Con that party, but I had to announce himself from overseeing the Sonic will appear in the movie: I?

R: First of all the first party that I was Confused (laughs). It wears a hat shaped like the head of sonic people in venues like Comic Con ... We have a lot of Sonic fans (laughs). Exciting anyway, how upsurge of Sonic fans were really excited too. I went in not knowing party or feels, what it is boring feeling like "you practical delighted to be here today" ... In a speech content really boring ... No I've went and then prepare a memo for the speech I think because it was "not possible speech like this, here and not say that the interesting story here!'s not party like that is not suitable." something, and I did think of comment on the spot while walking on it. It was also remarkably pleasant moments in the holding period of Comic Con. Such climax when (※ 2) has been announced a new racing game, I was really honored that I was proud of was as part of the event that their being there at that moment.

I: "Sugar Rush" but I think in the story of the stage, the game and the game is a lot of your own director, what is now the director's favorite game?

Do you now favorite: R? But there are a lot of favorites ... (and pretend to operate a mobile phone) ... (laughs) ... I'm not want to say too much on the content for the phone.

I: Oh, it is an application for mobile phones. But I'm able to play on mobile phones Sonic.

R: Well, it can not play this mobile phone also Sonic?

I: Yes, you can play (laughs)

R: It was good! I'll try this time today. Are you playing now hooked wonder how such "WordsWithFriends" "ScrambleWithFriends" and "TempleRun" I do not know whether the service is ... in Japan. 'm A sex game which is also common, have been rewritten from scratch, the interface is'm great. The movie was completed in any event in October, then much travel more. I do not seem to be able to afford the time to slow game at home until March at the publicity of the movie, because they traveled around. Into the mobile game Sonic first. Because they traveled now, so well that it is just the reverse mobile phone. Returned to the house, (take in hand "Sonic Generations," which give you for the first time) I'll try to do it (laughs).

I: This software I'm able to experience all of the Sonic the past 20 years.

R: Well, I hope it Really?!

Please try to come play: I. So I return to the question of the movie. It was that when I heard the story of "Sugar Rush" At first, it appeared only want to Eggman, Sonic was requested any additional from the middle? Why is that?

R: From the beginning of production, have decided to start from the scene of the first part of the movie villains. I wanted to give it to the scene and a boss villain character, that are there'm Eggman was decided at the time of the beginning quite. When I was thinking of further expanding the story setting from there, "in the world of video games is when a character has died outside game's original I'm not able to come back to life again," it does not emphasize the rule that the I've been clear that there should not be. I think it will be important rule in a movie, on a large screen of the game Central Station, and must be feeling like a public service announcement, just bring out this rule character iconic very famous. What if Sonic does the talking, right? I think I was. Given the various elements such as voice, Sonic was the perfect person. Since there was any place that wants to put out somewhere Sonic, I'm was just perfect. To Sega, so, I really do ask (laughs) So you guys.
Was good at working with SEGA, the fact that you gave me a good understanding that Sega are trying to do with us. But to understand the value of their characters, gave generously share their character. It was amazing. "Ah, Sonic! Are out," Who Saw Sonic movie to talk about me me. I really appreciate that I put out about famous and iconic character Sonic. Thank you.

I am honored welcome here: I. What surprised me the most was in the work we put into this movie, even though it was the first Sonic should use only one place, it is that there was quite add up to just before the screening. Is it a very flexible schedule filmmaking?

R: Yeah, it's pretty normal though. I mean a kind of casting, I went to work I go to develop character till the last moment. I think there is a scene where Felix is ​​celebrating the 30th anniversary of their game in the movie, and I want to give the body what famous character here (laughs). I decided that I was, "Let's ask can I put Sega Sonic" So. He is said to someone, "Sonic I went out of the game Central Station Since when? While ago should still be installed on Game Central Station?'ll Have to come to the party" in the scene of this party and Then I've just. So I So you've answered me, "Sonic's running so much so fast!'m Fast, I arrived over there" and (laughs).

There was a scene where Sonic drops the ring: I? I liked that scene very personally (laughs)

R: Oh, I just drop the ring in the game Central Station. That scene I wanted to be able to perfect as the game itself. Ring or flickering is dropped. People who I thought looked like! "The same as the game! Sonic wow", I'm always asked for such a moment. It will be realistic as a character of the game, since it cool.

I: If there was a sequel to the movie, then do you have the Sega character you'd like to use in addition to Sonic?

R: I had been addicted to "Virtua Fighter" before, I wish I Dase sequel to that character. If you can please Mr. SEGA! (Laughs)

I: "Virtua Fighter" is an arcade game that I would be perfect for this movie in theater.

I think it really fit: R. I have a passion for it and Dreamcast. I controller and game consoles that. Character of "Virtua Fighter" Among the 's a particular favorite. If there was a sequel then, want to give even more sonic. Want to make something bigger role in the story of Sonic. To his famous character, it wanted to spend more time in the story rather than a mere cameo. In the movie, Sonic ... more

I: "Sonic The Movie"?

How nice, "Sonic The Movie" Oh yeah: R! (Laughs)

Please word Sonic fan, SEGA fan at the end: I.

R: I want you to know to you first, do you feel it is that no matter how I appreciate that everyone was warm and sincere please accept this movie. And this is only the beginning. Is there still want to send to the world, is a great idea and story. I think that working with people like Mr. Iizuka in the future, and want to share a great movie and the fans also, let the other great characters in the movie and Sonic.

Busy schedule, you for your time, Thank you very much: I.

You're welcome: R. It was really nice to meet you. I love your work. How did the idea of ​​Sonic できる doing? Where did the idea first start?

I: there 's a long story to it (laughs)

R: ... long story and a long process, so it huh. Please tell us about it slowly next time (laughs)

- The "Sugar Rush" is]
Settings that miracle also said the game version of the fantasy ─ ─ "Toy Story" adventure of excitement that stage draw the activities of Ralph "evil character" aims to "real hero" to "back side" of the game, everyone at least once visual world of miracle that can be possible, the story spun out in a thrilling and emotional world of colorful candy, a wide variety of fascinating characters who ─ ─ precisely because Disney gorgeous and I saw in a dream.
(Sat) 3D/2D roadshow March 23, 2013

→ Go to the official site of "Sugar Rush" movie

Sega Prize official website
"Sugar Rush hyper stuffed jumbo"

• Thumbs Up 1

So, as I mentioned earlier, I got to talk with Gene Lee, the Senior Software Engineer for Wreck-It-Ralph. He stopped by my school for a presentation, and I got to talk with him a little bit one-on-one. He's a great guy, he gave everyone in the audience free Wreck-It-Ralph sticker sheets that were left over from promotional events. You could tell that he loved Wreck-It-Ralph, and he seemed thrilled that everyone who came to his talk loved it as well. Here's some of what he told us about the movie.

• There are 188 different characters in the movie (This might be the most in any animated movie so far).
  • Disney put the cameo characters in before asking their creators for the rights to use them. Most of them said yes, but Warner Bros. didn't want their Mortal Kombat characters used, so the animators had to tweak the character models just enough to make them generic, but recognizable to fans.
  • On a similar note, the creators of Q*Bert weren't very happy at first when they found out that Q*Bert was homeless. However, they changed their tune after learning that he had a speaking part in the movie.
  • Mr. Lee (and others at the Disney Studio) were surprised after the internet briefly exploded once it was revealed Zangeif was attending Bad-Anon. They were aware of the complaints that Zangeif wasn't technically a bad guy, but at that point, it was too late to change the movie.
  • All of the character models were built in-house at Disney. For human characters like Ralph and Vanellope, a special tool called D-rig was used to build them. D-rig is almost like a programming language- it allows the modeler to start with a basic, rigged model of a generic man, and then used a text-based input system to tell the computer how to modify the man so that he looks like the desired character. This greatly decreases the time it takes to create and rig a new character.
  • You probably didn't notice it when you watched the movie, but Wreck-It-Ralph uses a special motion-captured camera system, where a cameraman manipulates a real camera to control the virtual one in the digital scene. It makes the movie more realistic by adding minor amounts of shake. If the camera movements were done in the computer, they'd be too smooth and unnatural, plus they'd take a long time to create.
  • One professional animator can produce about 90 seconds of animation per day. That's why there are over 300 animators in the crew.
  • It took 200 terabytes of data to create the movie, and 19.5 million hours of rendering. It's a good thing Disney has lots of computers to share the work, or we'd have to wait over 2,000 years!
  • Disney Animation Studios uses Maya for their CGI movies. They've developed over 200 in-house tools and add-ons for it.
  • There are currently 4 films in the pipeline, and the only one that's been revealed so far is Frozen (which Mr. Lee is very excited for). No word on a Ralph sequel, but knowing Disney, we'll probably see one.
  • Everything at Disney is story-driven, which means that the writers will typically ask to do something that isn't possible, and then the software developers have to make a tool to achieve their standards. It took 5 PhDs over 5 years to develop a system that would make Rapunzel's hair in Tangled look realistic (after which the animators and writers promptly sent it back because it was a little too realistic and not quite what they wanted. The poor software team had to change the code).
  • Thumbs Up 7

Saw this again today with my friends, and it made me appreciate it that much more for all of the subtle cues given.

• It took 200 terabytes of data to create the movie, and 19.5 million hours of rendering. It's a good thing Disney has lots of computers to share the work, or we'd have to wait over 2,000 years!

And that's with a massive render farm,(dunno about Disney, I know Pixar's render farm can render a frame in one hour that would take a normal pc anything up to a week)  I remember rendering even really simple Maya animations in uni and needing to wait days on their shitty computers, can't imagine how advanced a system you'd need to render something like that...

I swear, this mockumentary is one of the funniest things I've seen in weeks. King of Kong Spoof XD

Haha, it took me awhile to get into it (and I wish we could have seen more of the rival rather than the girl....despite her being pretty funny), but once I did it was quite something

Man, my Blu-Ray should've been here Wednesday, Fedex randomly took it away from near where I lived, off to Beaver, Ohio, then even further to Columbus, Ohio. I blame King Candy.

All those details about the hard work they put into WIR are very impressive! It shows that Walt Disney Animation Studios really put their blood, sweat and tears into this. They might not have gotten their well deserved Oscar (guess the Academy isn't into gaming culture) but at least there's the Annies, good reviews and potentially a sequel.

I can't wait till this comes out on DVD/blu ray over here! I feel like re watching this great film again and again. X3

Edited by Gabz Girl

I have this movie on DVD and I swear eggman must have been bored to death in that meeting and just waiting for it to be over :/

Edited by Darkness the hedgehog777

There are 188 different characters in the movie (This might be the most in any animated movie so far).

• All of the character models were built in-house at Disney. For human characters like Ralph and Vanellope, a special tool called D-rig was used to build them. D-rig is almost like a programming language- it allows the modeler to start with a basic, rigged model of a generic man, and then used a text-based input system to tell the computer how to modify the man so that he looks like the desired character. This greatly decreases the time it takes to create and rig a new character.
  • You probably didn't notice it when you watched the movie, but Wreck-It-Ralph uses a special motion-captured camera system, where a cameraman manipulates a real camera to control the virtual one in the digital scene. It makes the movie more realistic by adding minor amounts of shake. If the camera movements were done in the computer, they'd be too smooth and unnatural, plus they'd take a long time to create.
  • One professional animator can produce about 90 seconds of animation per day. That's why there are over 300 animators in the crew.

Thanks for gathering all this information for us! It really is neat to get a behind the scenes look at how a movie was made... and the amount of work that has to go into movies like this is really incredible. Disney gets way too much flak these days; a person can say what they will about the company, but they definitely put a ton of work into their films to this day. I can only imagine how good a sequel will be with a likely larger budget to get even more work done on it!

I have this movie on DVD and I swear eggman must have been bored to death in that meeting and just waiting for it to be over :/

Probably doesn't help all the other villains likely get at least some respect. Eggman's viewed near unanimously as a joke of a villain. I'd be disgruntled too in a crowd of more evil folks!

Thanks for gathering all this information for us! It really is neat to get a behind the scenes look at how a movie was made... and the amount of work that has to go into movies like this is really incredible. Disney gets way too much flak these days; a person can say what they will about the company, but they definitely put a ton of work into their films to this day. I can only imagine how good a sequel will be with a likely larger budget to get even more work done on it!

Probably doesn't help all the other villains likely get at least some respect. Eggman's viewed near unanimously as a joke of a villain. I'd be disgruntled too in a crowd of more evil folks!

The Eeyore: He seems kind of depressed (or at least absent-minded; see above) during the meeting, and ends up looking down during the "Bad Guy affirmation" with a seemingly broken look on his face, as if he's about to break down sobbing. Most likely, he knows that the fact he's about to leave the meeting means he's only about to get his ass handed to him again.

TV Tropes Wreck-It Ralph characters page

Wreck-It Ralph/List of cameos- Disney wiki 

Edited by Kareemadeem
  • Thumbs Up 1

I heard there's going to be a sequel. This movie deserves a sequel anyways. It was too damn gorgeous, funny, and awesome. Anyways, I bought the movie Monday night and watched it on the way back home yesterday on my laptop. I finished it just before I got off the bus. My gosh, I'm glad I bought it. It really was good like everyone said it was

I heard there's going to be a sequel. This movie deserves a sequel anyways. It was too damn gorgeous, funny, and awesome. Anyways, I bought the movie Monday night and watched it on the way back home yesterday on my laptop. I finished it just before I got off the bus. My gosh, I'm glad I bought it. It really was good like everyone said it was

Isn't that just a rumor?