Awoo.

Disney's Wreck-It Ralph

jennytablina

We only got the film in cinemas back in February, so it's already been less than four months from cinema release to DVD/ Blu-ray. Much quicker than that would be a bit crazy, really.

Ugh. That really sucks. :/ Admittedly the extras aren't that big a deal, but it's still pretty annoying to be more or less unnecessarily given such a bare-bones version.

Ah, ok.

Animated films always come out here way later than the US.  Both with regards to their cinema release and their DVD/Blu-ray release.

I know that, but I live in Germany. It surprised me that the UK, an English speaking country, was getting it later than us.

• 7 months later...

Maybe somebody already pointed this out, but...

tumblr_mzqk7aDP2w1r3jmn6o1_1280_zps5c0be

who the heck are these two supposed to be?

Uhh... Daaiissyyy? and Peeaacchh?? ...knockoffs??? I honestly can't think of anyone else they could possibly be.

Looks like Cinderella on the right. Probably not though.

They might be Belle and Cinderella. I remember reading that there was meant to be a Kingdom Hearts reference somewhere (and that's why you'd see the Princesses.)

Those look like references to Belle and Cinderella to me. Not surprising as Disney frequently refer back to their old films wit cameos like that (aladdin & little mermaid floats in Princess and the frog, mrs potts tea set in Tarzan, Scar's cameo in Hercules etc. etc.)

Cool find smile.png

Edit: Felix beat me to it tongue.png

Didn't the whole "Mario didn't appear because money" thing turn out to be not true? And I highly doubt if Nintendo let them include Bowser without any oddities, they would hold them back with the Princesses. :V

Actually yeah, I could see them being Disney princess references. It makes sense with the whole KH thing, and Disney likes that sort of reference, so...

• Thumbs Up 1

Eggman: You build all these robots and you can't beat a simple blue boy!

Wily: Yeah well, you build all these robots and can't beat a simple blue hedgehog!

*Eggman and Wily stare eachother down*

Bowser: Hawr hawr! It looks like blue isnt your guy's color!

And then the two gang up on him with the colors red and green; and Italian plumbers

Speaking of Kingdom hearts, Imagine if this was a world!!!!ohmy.png

Possible Sonic in my Kingdom Hearts game ahoy!!!!biggrin.pngwub.pngsmile.png

Yeah, it's practically guaranteed they're Disney princesses rather than Peach and Daisy. I could remotely see Daisy but Peach wears pink.

As was mentioned, money has nothing to do with the Mario shortages - they just couldn't find a good role for them. Think it shows where Rich Moore's loyalties lie in the console wars if nothing else. tongue.png

On the other hand it seems they wanted Mario to be more than just a cameo but that's what the sequel's for I suppose, since they also wanted Sonic to be more than a cameo.

Do you suppose Sonic might also get a more substantial role too in the sequel? Imagine, Disney being the one to have kicked off the Sonic/Mario crossover that's been begged for all these years.

Iizuka and Rich Moore's interview had it sound like Moore wanted Sonic to have a more important role in the next movie besides a cameo. Iizuka was warm to it and I presume SEGA as a whole isn't going to say no.

Though since SEGA and Nintendo seem to have a revulsion to an actual crossover I can imagine it'll be fun trying to agree what each character does.

About Kingdom Hearts references in Wreck-It Ralph, many speculate that the guy in the circle is Sora

321px-Sora(Wreck-It-Ralph).JPG

(By the way, why is Ryu alone when Ken offered him a beer together at the beginning of the movie? Did they have a falling out?)

About Kingdom Hearts references in Wreck-It Ralph, many speculate that the guy in the circle is Sora

321px-Sora(Wreck-It-Ralph).JPG

(By the way, why is Ryu alone when Ken offered him a beer together at the beginning of the movie? Did they have a falling out?)

Maybe Ryu has drinking problems and Ken wanted to go to bed.

Iizuka and Rich Moore's interview had it sound like Moore wanted Sonic to have a more important role in the next movie besides a cameo. Iizuka was warm to it and I presume SEGA as a whole isn't going to say no.

Though since SEGA and Nintendo seem to have a revulsion to an actual crossover I can imagine it'll be fun trying to agree what each character does.

In that case, I swoon at the possibility of Wreck-It-Ralph 2 pulling a LEGO Movie move, having Sonic & Mario occupy main character roles akin to Batman, and then them being possibly playable in a videogame adaptation!wub.pngrolleyes.gifbiggrin.png

SEGA should take precaution. Working closely with Disney tends to result in being eaten by them. Once you're in the Disney orbit, there's no escape. There is only falling further in. tongue.png

I am interested to see what sort of main roles Rich Moore would come up with, though...

• Thumbs Up 1

SEGA should take precaution. Working closely with Disney tends to result in being eaten by them. Once you're in the Disney orbit, there's no escape. There is only falling further in. tongue.png

XD! Not like Marvel's been complaining; if anything it's boosted them!laugh.pngbiggrin.png

I am interested to see what sort of main roles Rich Moore would come up with, though...

- Sonic gets bigger role in Wreck-it Ralph 2

- Disney buys Sega

- Sonic world in Kingdom Hearts 3

.....I see no problem...

• Thumbs Up 3

- Sonic gets bigger role in Wreck-it Ralph 2

- Disney buys Sega

- Sonic world in Kingdom Hearts 3

.....I see no problem...

I do.

• 2 months later...

Disney are masters of hopping around on when they'll have sequels.

I think with the Marvel/Star Wars movies those are their own brands, so Disney just wanted to lay them out so people know what to expect. It would basically have been like if the Harry Potter films had all had their years confirmed way ahead of time.

So that leaves the actual raw Disney films. 2015 film? Possibly... but at the same time, I wouldn't hold my breath. 3 years later wouldn't be surprising... but at the same time, neither would 10. Disney keeps you guessing on sequel gaps.

I think a sequel is all but confirmed though. The film was praised and it made a pretty good profit. Disney are the inventors of sequelitis, so we will definitely get a 2 at some point.