Awoo.

Disney's Wreck-It Ralph

jennytablina

Well then what other game could it be from assuming it's not just a generic robot?

I dunno, just not tha--

OH! I didn't see that sawblade on the cover or in the trailer! No wonder I didn't see it! Yeah, that's totally him.

There's speculation on NeoGaf that that big-eyed green mass is a 'Beholder' from Dungeons and Dragons. Looking at Google, they appear to have gone through a lot of changes depending on the game but the green guy looks similar enough:

wir-beholder.jpg

It needed some toning down I suppose, and they added a crown. I guess that means it's their leader in this movie.

Edited by Lungo

I thought Mike confirmed iMonths ago that he had nothing to do with the movie?

Wired how Gerald C Rivers is still voicing Bison, yet Peter Beckmann is not voicing Zangief.

I just wanna know from which game that buxom blue elf girl is!

She looks awesome. 8<

I just wanna know from which game that buxom blue elf girl is!

She looks awesome. 8<

Is it me or do these cameos seem a little gratuitous now? I dunno; I just feel there's something confusing to the movie in giving all of these characters what seems to be one or two notable scenes together- scenes long enough to serve as trailer material- in an otherwise original world that's merely inspired by video games, especially without their respective protagonists. It's like a weird middle ground in which I can't quite gel with yet.

• Thumbs Up 4

Oh man does this film look amazing! All those video game characters coming together in one film? It's an absolute must that I see this movie!

• Thumbs Up 1

I think this is about Ralph's journey, so I don't think these other characters are appearing for that long at all. I mean, if they're not getting Mike Pollok to voice Eggman, you can infer that you're hardly going to see him so it won't make a difference with what voice actor he has. Those characters are only there at the beginning of the trailer, and Ralph is traveling. You can infer from that that those other characters aren't traveling with him, meaning they are of no meaning to the story. Unless you're looking forward to the whole 'I want to be a good guy' thing that Ralph's got going on, I don't think it will be that interesting. And so far, I'm only interested in the other villans' appearances in the movie. Personally, I don't think it's going to be that great of a movie.

Edited by BlueBlurMe

I think this is about Ralph's journey, so I don't think these other characters are appearing for that long at all. I mean, if they're not getting Mike Pollok to voice Eggman, you can infer that you're hardly going to see him so it won't make a difference with what voice actor he has. Those characters are only there at the beginning of the trailer, and Ralph is traveling. You can infer from that that those other characters aren't traveling with him, meaning they are of no meaning to the story. Unless you're looking forward to the whole 'I want to be a good guy' thing that Ralph's got going on, I don't think it will be that interesting. And so far, I'm only interested in the other villans' appearances in the movie. Personally, I don't think it's going to be that great of a movie.

You're such a kill joy. sleep.png

The whole movie looks and sounds very promising enough and I'm interested to see all the videogame cameos and references in it, not just the support group with the villains in the same room. If that's the only part of the movie you're interested in then you probably shouldn't go see it (but it wouldn't hurt if you still give the rest of the movie a chance, tho).

Also, yeah this movie is about Ralph's journey to prove that he can be a good guy. But that's okay though cause I like him and he looks like he can be a cool protagonist in the film. happy.png

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 4

Seems dissapointing that Eggman won't be speaking. Then again, just because Mike's NOT voicing, doesn't mean he won't have a few lins here and there, at least in the beginning.

Seems like it's a lot of trouble getting all these guys and just having them sit.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know I was thinking, what if there's one big final battle scene and the main villain in the film is about to land the finishing blow on Ralph. But before he can do it all the villains from the meeting scene have a "Big Damn Heroes" moment and save Ralph and they help him in fighting the villain and eventually defeating him. If this does happen I would love for Eggman to be in one of his mechs from the games while shouting "GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!".

• Thumbs Up 2

The whole movie looks and sounds very promising enough and I'm interested to see all the videogame cameos and references in it, not just the support group with the villains in the same room.

Also, yeah this movie is about Ralph's journey to prove that he can be a good guy. But that's okay though cause I like him and he looks like he can be a cool protagonist in the film. happy.png

• Thumbs Up 3

You're such a kill joy. sleep.png

(it wouldn't hurt if you still give the rest of the movie a chance)

Your right, I'm sorry. (my parents taught me... :P jk)

I should. I always do anyways. :) I shouldn't be so biased about it.

Edited by BlueBlurMe

It's the whole aspect of the film. An 80's videogame bad guy... who wants to be a good guy? A whole feature length film based around this?

Ratrt.png

I heard Sarah Silvermans character might be Ralph's love interest. I hope not because Ralph would look a whole lot better with the FPS girl.

Now why the hell would a... Um... (about) 10 year old girl be the love interest of a guy in his... Err.... 30(?)s?

• Thumbs Up 3

I've heard about this too. I don't think Disney would promote paedophilia though.

• Thumbs Up 1

So um......is this topic more about the movie itself, or just Eggman's cameo, because I'd rather talk about the former.

So um......is this topic more about the movie itself, or just Eggman's cameo, because I'd rather talk about the former.

Both dude. It's about both, but it's here in the sonic section because of Eggman.

While we're on the topic of a Sega villain being in the movie, I'd like to bring up that at least three more Sega villains are in it. Namely Neff from Altered Beast (Rhino form), Cyril from House of the Dead (with all of his apparent gore removed), and the Yellow Cyborg from Cyborg Assault.

I'm just going to move this to the chit-chat section since there's not a lot that can be discussed about Robotnik's role in the movie, like not enough to justify it being in the Sonic discussion anyhow.

Regardless of Retro Video Game Villain Cameos, this film looks fun and I won't be surprised if Brave gets overlooked by this movie which would be ironic.smile.png