Awoo.

Sonic games that deserve ports or HD remakes

Debug Ring

I am tired of Remakes/Throwbacks/Re-Imagines/Arcade/Remixed etc. versions! Something new please?

But if I had to choose then S3&K, SA1 and SA2

As for ports then Chaotix and SA2 port to HD consoles please :)

Which Sonic games do you think deserve ports or HD remakes?

In complete honesty i think HD sonic adventure or sonic adventure 2 would be great if they did not make them have todats gimmicks such as boost but mostly I'd just like even just a release of sonic x-treame on the 3ds because i think the play style would really take advantage of the 3ds' capabilities

Don't really care for ports, but I'd like to see SA2 ported to the 360 and PS3 someday.

A Chaotix port.

I know I'm not the only one who would like to see Taxman do Chaotix like he did CD. Yeah it's considered to be some kind of ugly stepchild of the Sonic series but it's an intriguing game that at least deserves more exposure than what it got on 32X. And I really like it's CD-esque fantasy-ish design and pretty wonderful music.

^This. Otherwise I think every game that's likely to be has now been ported or referenced enough, for the time being.

Edited by Lungo

Well there's a huge gap in my iPhone between Sonic 2 and Sonic 4, I sure wish a certain man that does taxes will fix that eventually.

None, to be honest. Especially after Sonic 4: Episode 1 and Sonic Generations, I want more original content.

• Thumbs Up 7

Don't really care to be honest.

But if I had to choose, I'd bring the Adventure games up to Unleashed/Generations standards, fuck what fanboys think.

I'd do a Heart Gold/Soul Silver effort to the Adventure games at best. Trouble here is if you change the gameplay and alternate characters too much it's not really the same game anymore.

I'd like to see new stuff now though, Generations and Sonic 4 Episode 1 have kind of done me for nostalgia, at least in terms of environments, considering Episode 2 is still meant to be part of Sonic 4 etc. but has some more unique areas, but we shall see how that goes.

I guess Colors since a lot of people went apeshit when it was Wii only.

Good sir, not only is it an even-numbered month (so everyone hates Colors again), but Wii exclusives aren't allowed to be ported to anything else.

In seriousness, Adventure 2 and Chaotix are the only ones I can think of. Chaotix would be godlike if the same amount of effort was put into it as was Sonic CD. Colors would be great if it was rendered in HD (the art direction was already fantastic); but again, not allowed.

Edited by Gilda

Ports I want:

Don't care, companies are going to port most of their popular games to new systems every time anyway.

HD remakes (prettier ports) I want:

Don't care.

I feel that the Advance Trilogy and Battle could make a nice, remade collection of games for the Nintendo 3DS, especially if they gave them the Sonic CD treatment, with some characters getting more chances to be playable (Cream in Advance 1, Plyable Shadow, Rouge, and Gemerl in Advance trilogy) and several issues found in the game being straightened out

I'm all aboard for that Retro-Engine port of Knuckles Chaotix.

Also, I feel like Sonic Adventure 2 would be a good one to port if they did some bug fixing, separated moves across all four face buttons (so I don't somersault when I want to roll/Spindash, or bounce attack when I want to Light Dash anymore), and did some graphical improvements. And by graphical improvements, I mean higher-resolution textures, better lighting effects, and Generations models for everyone (including better animations and lip syncing in cutscenes). I think I would be a pretty large supporter of that.

• Thumbs Up 3

Wii exclusives aren't allowed to be ported to anything else.

Is that a fact? How did Goldeneye 2010 get a multi-platform release then? I mean I know it was "Reloaded" - but so could Colours.

Anyway, Chaotix and SEGASonic Arcade would be good, as well as Saturn/PC Sonic 3D.

I'd love Unleashed to get a PC release.

Sonic Adventure 2 should absoloutely get an HD release.

I'd also like to see the GBA games on the 3DS Virtual Console.

In the far future, a "Sonic Riders Collection" and "Sonic Storybook Collection" would be neat, especially if they revved up the graphics. These games were pretty and totally deserving of HD treatment.

Oh, and I know everyone's sick of S3&K rereleases, but the game would look swish as a 3D Classics game on 3DS.

Edited by JezMM

Sonic Advance collection for 3DS, with an option to add a filter to smooth things out.

(...or just having the Advances on the 3DS eshop in general would be cool)

I honestly think they've ported enough Sonic games something new/original would be better maybe they could port past games for other SEGA characters though I wouldn't mind if they remade SA2.

Edited by C.J

I NEED a Sonic 3 & Knuckles remake, HD or not, just make it like the Sonic CD port. PLEASE, SEGA. MAKE IT HAPPEN.