Awoo.

Sonic games that deserve ports or HD remakes

Debug Ring

Were I to remake a game for the sake of making an already awesome game better? ...I dunno. Sonic Advance? It's pretty much the True Sonic 4, with perfect physics replica, continued tradition of a new playable character ( being totally optional ) no gimmicks, and all that good stuff.

I wouldn't actually mind the idea of having Sonic advance being remade with better graphics and a high resolution, if only because it plays very close to the Mega Drive titles and so it would seem almost like a 'true' successor to the classics if the resolution was upscaled. (well, it kinda seems like a true successor even without a high resolution). I'd also be interested if the Game Gear titles were given similar treatment (but their physics aren't as good, so...)

But really, I couldn't give a toss about games being remade because I'd far rather see Sonic Team make something new and fresh. The only references to old games that the newer Sonic games ought to have, are subtle nods to the classics, a la Sonic Unleashed.

Edited by OldFreddy

If SA and SA2 are to be re-released, they'd have to be nothing short of totally remade. AT LEAST to the quality of Generations, if not better. Plus the script re-written and re-recorded (with the current 2010 ~ present cast mind you) and all the plot holes and inconsistancies removed. All of the bullshit gameplay (hunting and mechs and fishing and so on) removed and replaced with something more akin to a Sonic-y platformer, not multiple different games smushed into one. Most importantly, other characters should be OPTIONAL to play, for SA2 the main story should be completeable (from either hero or villain perspective) just by playing as Sonic/Shadow. For SA1, the same applies except each characters individual stories should be optional and you should be able to access Perfect Chaos just by playing as Sonic.

Of course to go to such an extent, you may as well just make a brand new game.

If I was going to pay for a port of Sonic Adventure 2, I would want it to actually be Sonic Adventure 2.

If I was going to pay for a port of Sonic Adventure 2, I would want it to actually be Sonic Adventure 2.

I'm not referring to a port. I mean a remake.

On the whole, I found SA2 to be a terrible, terrible game with a good story attached to it and a mere port wouldn't really be worth my money. A remake because there are problems I want sorted, like too few Sonic/Shadow stages, and poorly designed treasure hunting stages and boring mech shooting.

• Thumbs Up 1