Awoo.

Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode 2: Japanese site; information

Woun

Sylvania? Trying to sound smart SEGA? =P

When I hear it, I can't help but think of Transylvania and vampires.

Sylvania? Trying to sound smart SEGA? =P

When I hear it, I can't help but think of Transylvania and vampires.

-thinks of a possible Egg Dracula battle-

... You know, I'd be so okay with this.

• Thumbs Up 4

An Egg Vampire boss machine, inspired by classic Universal Monster aesthetics NOT shitty Twilight, would be really awesome. Probably not every happening though.

-thinks of a possible Egg Dracula battle-

... You know, I'd be so okay with this.

Oh god a Dracula style robot battle would be insanely good!

Then again, I am a Castlevania fan, so...

I kinda hope they keep Sylvania Castle in the translation. They need to make up for Ep 1's really unsinpired names.

They were pretty typical for Sonic levels though. I'm not sure about the castle zone, but I wouldn't expect much more than 'White Carnival' for the Christmas zone.

http://woun-nyan.ru/...nic/f_large.png

Upper-left. I don't speak Japanese, but I'm curious as to what that "1" means. That's not the player count, is it? I remembered hearing there was multiplayer but all of that info got pulled.

Edited: People are saying that it does say 1-player. Not sure what to make of this.

Edited by Solly

http://woun-nyan.ru/...nic/f_large.png

Upper-left. I don't speak Japanese, but I'm curious as to what that "1" means. That's not the player count, is it? I remembered hearing there was multiplayer but all of that info got pulled.

Edited: People are saying that it does say 1-player. Not sure what to make of this.

Guess it means it's 1-player and that Microsoft was mistaken about it being co-op.

They were pretty typical for Sonic levels though. I'm not sure about the castle zone, but I wouldn't expect much more than 'White Carnival' for the Christmas zone.

Yeah I knooow they were just boring - but I guess the stages were too. I think a good name can add oodles of atmosphere to a level. I like the "Lost" in Lost Labyrinth as it adds the mysterious vibe we get from the music and backdrop, but the "Labyrinth" just makes me think "BLEEPY BLOOP SONIC 1 STAGE" and takes something away from it, if you get what I mean.

Woun I was wondering if the information from Sonic 4 Ep II magazine Famitsu is only one page, I'm translating the information from the magazine into Portuguese, but the corner of the image is cutting some parts of the lyrics, so I was wondering if it would not have scanner the image to open the magazine?

From Microsoft. And if I had to choose who to believe more, it would be Microsoft.

Edited by Marcellove

Guess it means it's 1-player and that Microsoft was mistaken about it being co-op.

Uhh...

After all this, do you really think Sega/Dimps'd be THAT stupid to not give it at least some sort of co-op...?

EDIT: Oh and hey, look at this.

http://www.sonicstad...-5-1024x576.jpg

See Tails. He is not directly following Sonic's movements. Y'know what that means? I sure hope so...

Edited by Wooly-Blue

In most cases every new Sonic game's website comes from Sega of Japan first, with new screenshots and (sometimes) new detail information before the Western media reports them! biggrin.png

About number of players I think, if will one player, we will play as Sonic (and Tails as computer, and we can't select him) and if will two players, of course, we will play Sonic and Tails, it will special 2-player mode, as in Sonic 2.

Besides I think, that will special buttons for help of Tails to Sonic, if will one player... For example, so was in game "Knuckles and Chaotix" on 32x (button "B" to hold)

Edited by ElectroEchidna

4 Zones confirmed (derp)

3 Acts confirmed

Sylvania Castle Zone:

Act 1: Forest area (sunset)

Act 2: Underwater sections (sunset)

Act 3: Ton o' ruins (at night)

White Park Zone:

Act 1: Snowy mountain area

Act 2: Roller coaster area

Act 3: Underwater glaciers

The other profiles are probably for enemies, I would imagine.

We also see that the three team moves that Sonic and Tails have are Flying, Swimming, and the combined jump. We also see the first screen of the first boss, that Egg Serpantleaf thing. It's a lot bigger than I imagined.

It also shows the online menu and someone picking to play as Sonic and someone as Tails. Looks like there's a lot of new information for those who can translate (text is in image form).

Is anyone able to grab the screenshots from the site? You can't seem to open their links in new tabs like you could in the past.

Is anyone able to grab the screenshots from the site? You can't seem to open their links in new tabs like you could in the past.

The images you can click don't seem to be working right now for me at all, maybe it'll be fixed soon?