Act 1: Forest area (sunset)

Act 2: Underwater sections (sunset)

Act 3: Ton o' ruins (at night)

White Park Zone:

Act 1: Snowy mountain area

Act 2: Roller coaster area

Act 3: Underwater glaciers

Edited by KrazyBean14

You could always just take a snapshot of your computer screen via "PtrScn".

Going by the time on Egg Serpentleaf, bosses are definitely still separate Acts. You can probably just get 50 Rings in them.

Also:

Booster.jpg
  • Thumbs Up 9

Man, after looking at those screenshots I can say with confidence that this is a very beautiful game. The new Graphics Engine REALLY shines! I'm crossing my fingers that the Physics Engine will impress me just as much...

Edited by KrazyBean14

Glad that there are a lot more platforming elements and puzzles, as well as speedy sections. So far it is looking like a good 2D Sonic game in its own right, even if it doesn't live up to the classic style expectations.

• Thumbs Up 3

Wait a second, I just noticed something. What are those blue and yellow bars next to the lives by the co-op screenshots?

White Park looks GLORIOUS. I love the glitzy lights, I love the aurora borealis (nice to see it in a Sonic game again), I love the fact it has underwater bits, I love the detail with all the fish underwater, I love how fierce Snowy looks, I love even the bloody lamposts! I hope they don't fuck up the music.

Also snowboarding AGAIN? I'm not crying rehash, but the games almost always have snowboarding. Can we not have skiing for a change? tongue.png

Even if this isn't a particularly good game, the aesthetics of White Park are just so awesome, and this whole game has such an appealing art style compared to the plasticy crap of Episode 1.

Edited by Semi-colon e

Someone at Retro translated Sonic's site profile, says he'll do the rest later.

The world's fastest blue hedgehog. Several months after the fierce battle of Episode 1, Sonic, who happened to hear about both the news of the Little Planet returning and Eggman starting to act once again, together with his partner Tails, head towards the neighboring continent in the Tornado to investigate.
  • Thumbs Up 7

Little Planet confirmed, time period between Episodes confirmed, and totally different location confirmed.

Also, no, seriously, that looks better than Ice Cap.

I was Mr Ice Cap Zone.

Now I am Mr White Park Zone.

(still have a special place for ICZ in my heart, but daaaang)

Edited by Indigo Rush

Those are freaking GLORIOUS AMAZING BEAUTIFUL OUTSTANDING screenshots. Thanks a lot Agent/Aesthetic. :D

Lots of neat stuff.

Tails abuse VS Pedobear. Dang it. xD

Guys, I tell you every year. Sites like these are soo butt easy to dump off of you don't need to do stuff like screencap the screenshots when there already downloaded on your computer. Your Temporary Internet Files are the key.

Here:

http://www.mediafire...g3cpb8qoa6p3vgb

Full site dump if anybody still gives a damn. the .swf files are in there too if anybody wants to rip stuff out of the backround or anything. Just PM me whenever the site updates and i'll be more then happy to dump the site for ya.

Edited by goku262002

Little Planet confirmed, time period between Episodes confirmed, and totally different location confirmed.

Also, no, seriously, that looks better than Ice Cap.

I was Mr Ice Cap Zone.

Now I am Mr White Park Zone.

(still have a special place for ICZ in my heart, but daaaang)

I still prefer Ice Cap for the cave segments and nostalgia but like you said, dang. This is so varied and is the first time a snow/ice level has impressed me in a Sonic game since. I hope the desert levels etc are just as varied. =]

Snowboards?

Sonic and Tails snowbro-ing on snowboards?

;A; YES. YES. YEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

They looked like skis when I first looked at them at but... Are they pieces of tree or something from Sylvania Castle? They look wooden. It's hard to see...

s4epzone2act14.png

Edited by Lungo

Now that a time gap and new location have been confirmed, I don't think there's really any point left in lock-on anymore. This seems more like it'll be a sequel to Sonic CD than Ep 1. Ep 1 can just become a little incidental adventure like Pocket Adventure and Advance were.

Edited by JezMM

They should've just called Episode I like, Sonic DL or something. It genuinely has no relation to this game, be it in story, visual style, co-op gameplay, etc. Regardless of how good this is, this looks too good and too different to be related to Episode I.

I hope that every stage is diverse as Winter Carnival seems to be, every act looks completely different. If there's one thing I'm impressed with it's the stage diversity, I've said it before but I can't stress enough how happy I am how different each act looks from the last. The game seems to be doing a few things better than the originals, and that's one of 'em.

Edited by Solid SOAP
  • Thumbs Up 1