Awoo.

Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode 2: Japanese site; information

Woun

Tails is supposed to be 8 years old isn't he? and Sonic is what 16 years old. Knuckles is 15 I think? Tails feels like he should be at least a few years older.

Tails is supposed to be 8 years old isn't he? and Sonic is what 16 years old. Knuckles is 15 I think? Tails feels like he should be at least a few years older.

Sonic is 15, Knuckles 16. :P

Why should Tails be older?

It seems Metal Sonic isn't capable of not looking like a badace murderer.

I approve, and want that full render!

I'm pretty sure that render is on Metal Sonic's character bio in Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing.

I'm pretty sure that render is on Metal Sonic's character bio in Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing.

MetalSonic-Modernized.png

image13ml.png

Nope. Slightly altered pose, different model.

And we never got that other render in HQ neither sad.png

Edited by Aquaslash

Sonic is 15, Knuckles 16. tongue.png

Why should Tails be older?

I dunno, but I always imagined he was 12, even when I knew he was 8 xD

Why does Metal Sonic have a crotch buldge now? He was perfectly fine without it in SA2:B and Heroes.

To match the longer torso shape of Sonic's body, presumably, and create design consistency. It doesn't look great because Metal Sonic's torso design revolves around being perfectly round, but I guess the designers felt obliged.

Why does Metal Sonic have a crotch buldge now? He was perfectly fine without it in SA2:B and Heroes.

Because he still had his classic design then. They updated it like they did for everyone else, only much later. Around the time of Rivals IIRC.

Edited by HYDROCITEE

lol, it this long for Eggman to finally update Metal Sonic.

Most folks can't even tell the difference between Metal Sonic's Classic and Modern counterparts without looking more closely.

• Thumbs Up 2

The crotch bulge is really one of the big things that really bothers me in the modern designs.

Hitlersaurus Rex from Retro translated the other profiles:

Tails:

In episode 1, he was devoted to supporting Sonic from the shadows, making a rocket in order to go to space. This time, he utilizes his signature ability of spinning his two tails to fly through the air by doing a Tag Action with Sonic to assist him on his adventure.

Eggman:

An evil genius scientist whose plans were hindered by Sonic in episode 1. In accordance with the timing of the Little Planet re-approaching, he decides to break the silence.

Dr. Eggman schemes in secret, his grand plan is quietly and reliably now moving into its second phase...

Metal Sonic:

A super high performance robot that should have been defeated in the battle with Sonic in Sonic CD's Stardust Speedway.

It's body that was fully restored because of Dr. Eggman's plans is equipped with speed and attack power that exceeds the original.

Edited by Marcellove
  • Thumbs Up 5

Adding on to what everyone else has said about modern designs and etc, it also gives him movement in the pelvis region, he's much better articulated with it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh hey they actually referenced how the timing of the Little Planet meant it came back, for some reason I thought they'd ignore or forget about that detail ._.

Adding on to what everyone else has said about modern designs and etc, it also gives him movement in the pelvis region, he's much better articulated with it.

Woh! Wait a second! Do I sense continuity in my Sonic games? An actual explanation for why Metal's design changed between Sonic CD and the modern titles? Pretty cool!

Woh! Wait a second! Do I sense continuity in my Sonic games? An actual explanation for why Metal's design changed between Sonic CD and the modern titles? Pretty cool!

I don't know about that, since Metal was still his Classic self in Heroes.

Not really dude, your getting ahead of yourself.

Now you know that ain't happening.

It will just be artwork and music pieces I'm betting, unless they actually do have something interesting for collecting all red rings.

Edited by HYDROCITEE
  • Thumbs Up 1

Maybe there could be a Good and Bad ending like Sonic CD ...like when we collect all the Red Rings, you can unlock a good ending!

Maybe there could be a Good and Bad ending like Sonic CD ...like when we collect all the Red Rings, you can unlock a good ending!

I don't know about that, since Metal was still his Classic self in Heroes.

He was also Neo Metal Sonic, Metal Madness, and Metal Overlord.

Tails: In episode 1, he was devoted to supporting Sonic from the shadows, making a rocket in order to go to space. This time, he utilizes his signature ability of spinning his two tails to fly through the air by doing a Tag Action with Sonic to assist him on his adventure.

Tails thinks smarter, not harder.

I wonder if that yellow box we saw in the Concept Art is the control panel for the rocket. Or something he made.

You kinda double posted, so I merged them into one super post. -Wolfy

I wonder if that yellow box we saw in the Concept Art is the control panel for the rocket. Or something he made.

Nope

s4epzone2act34.png

Edited by HYDROCITEE
  • Thumbs Up 1