Awoo.

S3&K on Steroids?

Chaos Walker

I'd pretty much want it to look like Sonic 4 Ep 2. A careful blend of 3D and 2D elements. "Generations-lite" if you will.

3D animated cut-scenes would be cool though. I'd be cool with them breaking out of the in-game graphics to give us some cool camera angles for Knuckles dropping us into Hydrocity etc etc.

EDIT: It'd also be cool if they cooled down the cool moments to cool cool and cool.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 1

3D animated cut-scenes would be cool though. I'd be cool with them breaking out of the in-game graphics to give us some cool camera angles for Knuckles dropping us into Hydrocity etc etc.

This. Seeing Knux roll the boulder would look awesome in 3d as well.

I'd pretty much want it to look like Sonic 4 Ep 2. A careful blend of 3D and 2D elements. "Generations-lite" if you will.

Hm, I do loves me some dynamic cutsenes. The only thing about that which could make me happier is if cutsenese happened directly after the score tally just like in the originals. Not having to transition out of the gameplay for a scene was something that I kind of miss. Of course I don't know how possible it would be to also have one act lead directly into another like they used to. Did the games load the next act AFTER the first one, or was it all loaded at once?

Regardless, it would all be very cool. (See what I did thar?)

Hm, I do loves me some dynamic cutsenes. The only thing about that which could make me happier is if cutsenese happened directly after the score tally just like in the originals. Not having to transition out of the gameplay for a scene was something that I kind of miss. Of course I don't know how possible it would be to also have one act lead directly into another like they used to. Did the games load the next act AFTER the first one, or was it all loaded at once?

Regardless, it would all be very cool. (See what I did thar?)

I agree, to keep the feel of the original they shouldn't have any fade-to-black before cut-scenes, just cut straight to it, whether it used real time graphics or FMV.

I'm on the bandwagon that just wouldn't be interested in a remake. I dunno, I guess I prefer original authenticity unless I can't access the original easily or the remakes functions as a different entity unto itself.

Edited by VEDJ-F

I wonder... how much of a graphics boost would one want? Let's use Sonic 2 as an example since there's that HD project and all.

Do you prefer faithfulness, or enhancement?

I wonder... how much of a graphics boost would one want? Let's use Sonic 2 as an example since there's that HD project and all.

screenshot_x4_2.pngThe Sonic 2 HD project is super true to the original design without looking boring and plastic.

sonic-3-hd-i5.jpg

Now here's a famous pic. The artist takes a few liberties with the texture though.

Do you prefer faithfulness, or enhancement?