Awoo.

Super Mario Bros. Z

Kuzu

8 minutes ago, Kaotic Kanine said:

Aw, that sucks. If they at least had a chance at revival I could've become invested in this series again but I guess that's the status quo Alvin wants to keep permanent. That isn't to say it's legitimately bad but I personally disagree with it to a massive degree.

Well, since it's a DBZ homage, there is a possibility that they can have be brought back with the use of 7 other magical artifacts, maybe the Star Spirits or something. 

Episode 7 is another one of his regrets. Alvin Earthworm said he is not redoing that one since it was basically a filler episode. It's too bad, I really liked the 8-bit fight.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Azul said:

Well, since it's a DBZ homage, there is a possibility that they can have be brought back with the use of 7 other magical artifacts, maybe the Star Spirits or something. 

Oh man I hope so, but I'm fairly certain that Alvin had stated that Sonic's friends, and the rest of Mobius, are perma-dead with no chance for revival. Course that was said back in the original run so maybe it no longer applies to the reboot. Still, I'm doubtful Alvin will be as merciful as DBZ is (super ironic since Mario and Sonic are much more lighthearted than DBZ but that's fan animators for you :lol:)

46 minutes ago, Ruby Elaree said:

Episode 7 is another one of his regrets. Alvin Earthworm said he is not redoing that one since it was basically a filler episode. It's too bad, I really liked the 8-bit fight.

That's the minus episode right? I really like that one, shame Alvin Earthworm couldn't make it fit with the story. It was pretty decent for a filler episode.

Anyway episode one was a lovely, silly, action packed cheese fest. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the misadventures of Wario and Waluigi.

1 hour ago, Kaotic Kanine said:

Oh man I hope so, but I'm fairly certain that Alvin had stated that Sonic's friends, and the rest of Mobius, are perma-dead with no chance for revival. Course that was said back in the original run so maybe it no longer applies to the reboot. Still, I'm doubtful Alvin will be as merciful as DBZ is (super ironic since Mario and Sonic are much more lighthearted than DBZ but that's fan animators for you :lol:)

Also, he said no Mega Man in this series.

It's possible Sonic's friends could come back in a twisted form, like zombies or whatnot.

As much as I liked Episode 7, I do agree that it was kind of out of place; so I don't mind it being cut.

I wonder if he'll still keep the Yoshi's Island arc then.

13 hours ago, Ruby Elaree said:

He seems to have regrets on things that were rather well recieved.

1 hour ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

As much as I liked Episode 7, I do agree that it was kind of out of place; so I don't mind it being cut.

I wonder if he'll still keep the Yoshi's Island arc then.

Why wouldn't he? It was an entire arc containing many major plot points.

• 1 month later...

Shows how important bumping topics are now a days, I saw this all over the statuses but no one bumped this topic.

So this happened:

4w6ZCFZ.png

Bitch.

But I'm wondering, Was it the way the pateron was worded or is it just because its Nintendo being Nintendo?

Alvin hasn't updated his twitter or DevART at all, wonder if he knows or is just not taking it well.

With the pateron gone this goes back to being a non-profit fan project like the first SMBZ was, which doesn't leave me with allot of hope at this point. :\

And this is why all of my fan art adventures for the most part will stay non-profit. Don't wanna lose my income because Ninty saw my future stickers on Redbubble or something.

well looks like he doesn't plan on giving up yet

looks like he's still going to try patreon so it does sound like he will keep making the series for the time being

To be specific, he's doing something he should've done in the first place - make a patreon that's far less specific to SMBZ itself and instead making it seem like it's just about Mark himself.

• Thumbs Up 4

• 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...

We've finally gotten a look at the new upcoming episode. 

2 hours ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

We've finally gotten a look at the jew upcoming episode. 

That is SO not a typo...🤣

Also, good lord, that scene alone must've took ages to conceptualize and storyboard before he got to the sprites.

2 hours ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

We've finally gotten a look at the jew upcoming episode. 

That's a pretty decent length of a trailer...

Also, someone's a fan of some good ol' fashioned slapstick. It's a bit overdone here, but I like when stuff like this plays more comedic.