Awoo.

That Guy With The Glasses.Com

Stacy

All i know is he's the sort of person like AVGN who got lucky in 2007, the early years of the internet when laptops became more common. Then 2010 and outwards when i think more sane people atleast and not sexual deviants who likely still watches, well they figured this is just skit (as in no factual coverage, misinformation, lack of actual skills or actual knowledge) and they have no clue what they are talking about, so what you are really seeing is low brow comedy and that they can excuse any views they hold for that "dude its just for jokes" which yeah by that time i stopped.

If you want proof of people using that excuse, watch this video by projared. And read the comments to know what i mean.

• 2 weeks later...

NC has a Christmas get together to review the sequel that sorta is a rehash and stocked stocking stuffer from the first one, Home Alone 2:

• 2 weeks later...

NC talks about Tim Burton's Mars Attacks or Invasion of the Dull Star Studded B Movie Acting:

Yikes, I forgot that movie happened... Also forgot that I watched it. Also forgot Tim Burton directed it.

I was a lot happier then.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

1 hour ago, Balding Spider said:

Yikes, I forgot that movie happened... Also forgot that I watched it. Also forgot Tim Burton directed it.

I was a lot happier then.

Gee me too, I entered the room where it was being watched at just the worst time, and I think I got a bit traumatized for that.

Gee those skeletons, it was just so... brrh. How few minutes can change everything.

37 minutes ago, BlueSky said:

Gee me too, I entered the room where it was being watched at just the worst time, and I think I got a bit traumatized for that.

Gee those skeletons, it was just so... brrh. How few minutes can change everything.

I think the scene that stuck with me for the longest time was where the alien bit off the fingers. God that part made me cringe hard.

5 minutes ago, Balding Spider said:

I think the scene that stuck with me for the longest time was where the alien bit off the fingers. God that part made me cringe hard.

o__________________o

...I'm happy I wasn't around for that one, I went pretty quickly back to were I came from after few minutes.

• Thumbs Up 1

So I did a little bit of looking into his website and Doug pumps out these 20-30 minute episodes every week? That sounds like purgatory! The creative burnout must be insane for him. While Nostagia Critic isn't horrible, I'm pretty sure he's keeping it alive because it's his only sustainable source of income. Whenever he tried to move on from NC his site's traffic and ad revenue would drop so if he ever tries to cancel Nostaglia Critic he risks losing a lot of money. Goes to show that you shouldn't count on YouTube as a full time job...

Been loving Critic since I was nine and came across his Mindf**ks video. I'm still with the series, but I do admit the clipless/reenactment reviews suck.

NC tries to countdown the Top 11 Good Adam Sandler Movies:

Spoiler

Though surprised that there weren't any Honorable Mentions like Water Boy, Billy Madison, Big Daddy, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

NC goes back into Dr Seuss's cinema's Hall of Shame and takes a look at what is supposedly the 'least' bad of the bunch, Horton Hears a Who:

Things get super freaky for NC as he reviews the Steven Spielberg produced cult classic Freakazoid (Ft. Paul Rugg and Tom Ruegger):

Chip hits the fan (again) as NC cruises into the 3rd installment of the live action Alvin and the Chipmunk movies, Chipwrecked:

NC kicks off Disney Live Action Remake Month with a butchering of one of Disney's iconic villains, Maleficent:

NC grabs the Windex so he can clean the cinematic smudge that is Alice Through the Looking Glass:

NC vine swings into the dense of a muddled movie mess that is live action The Jungle Book:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-long-drama-of-channel-awesome-doug-and-rob-walker-and-ceo-mike-michaud.29873/

Normally i wouldn't link to a cesspool like the offspring of Neogaf, but it's a thread were things have been catalogued detaildly, so might as well.
Basic rundown: Mike Michaud is an asshole, the Walker brothers are just standing there doing nothing and being generally stupid, letting other contributors getting hurt or worse, and this is probably the reason why Spoony became insane and JewWario commited suicide.
Combine this with the fact that Linkara and Suede have now left as well and yeah, i'm stopping watching CA altogether. If whoever's there knows what's good for him/her, they will leave Mike's tiranny as well.

What a disgrace to see what was a passionate project back in the day turn this sour in 10 years.

The tale as old as time becomes a modern live action remake that is a cinematic crime as NC reviews Beauty and the Beast (2017):

• 2 weeks later...

Even in the midst of controversy, Doug brings out another NC this week with Adam Sandler's Jack and Jill:

Spoiler

Don't really care what happens to CA's site though if anything just keep the YT channel and have it archived/demonetized so all the content doesn't go to waste esp. much of the older uploaded stuff since I hate to scour the site for the NC eps I like all over again on my random reviewer playlist. 

There seems to be no saving CA at this point unless either Doug addresses the issue and fires Michael or to even save some face, Doug and crew quit CA altogether and rebuild from the ground up elsewhere, maybe even reboot TGWTG to its old glory with new better management (Or move to Red Letter Media). Because being silent isn't going to help matters.

Fievel Goes West as Channel Awesome goes south as they churn out the remaining NC reviews:

Probably have one or two more NCs under CAs belt before Doug's departure.

• 2 weeks later...

Emotions run high as NC tackles the The Emoji Movie this week: