Awoo.

That Guy With The Glasses.Com

Stacy

Actually I don't know. I wouldn't pretend to befriend a person to mooch off of them.

So you never had friends who had friends like that then? dry.png

EDIT: I most be the only one overalll doesn't like Sponny in any shape or form.

Edited by BW199148
  • Thumbs Up 1

So you never had friends who had friends like that then? dry.png

If they did I never met them.

EDIT: I most be the only one overalll doesn't like Sponny in any shape or form.
Try his "fanbase." They're basically not that much different from the Sonic fans. If they like him, they love him, but if they don't like one of his videos they are really, really hateful- and personal.

Yeah, I do like Spoony, myself. Granted, I said earlier that his sense of humor tends to get mean spirited towards his audience at times, but I've seen some of his Vlogs and interviews with him he seems like a nice fellow. I can only assume his meanness is actually his character speaking.

I have gotten a laugh out of his FMV Hell videos and his reviews on Boardgames. My personal favorite is his review on the game show, Knightmare.

Edited by the ORIGINAL recolor

If they did I never met them.

Try his "fanbase." They're basically not that much different from the Sonic fans. If they like him, they love him, but if they don't like one of his videos they are really, really hateful- and personal.

Have you seen some of Twitter posts? He can't take any criticism for shit.sleep.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Have you seen some of Twitter posts? He can't take any criticism for shit.sleep.png

I follow him on twitter and haven't seen anything really offensive. I'll buy that, yeah, someone like him who even admits he has a short temper(which he is openly trying to improve), probably responded to a few people on Twitter in an unprofessional way, for one reason or another.

That doesn't excuse what I said though. Some people are really horrible to the guy, both in regards to his videos, and him, going so far as to dig into his personal life.

And to be honest, this shouldn't be about what kind of person he is in real life or if he's had issues with his followers. Didn't mean to turn it into that.

Edited by Solly
  • Thumbs Up 1

My reviewer range has actually grown a lot in the past few months. I used to just watch the Nostalgia Critic, Linkara and the Nostalgia Chick, but now I'll watch loads of them; Cinema Snob, Film Brain, Obscurus Lupa, Phelous, Marzgurl, CR, Paw, ToddInTheShadows...

Ironically, I don't watch Spoony despite the Spoony One (his site) being the original means of getting to hear about TGWTG in the first place. I may need to play a little catch-up.

Then I have an ingenious solution that will solve all of your problems forever.

Just stop watching his videos. Stop reading his twitters. Stop checking up on his feedback responses. Stop working yourself up over someone making free entertainment publicly available that nobody is forcing you to watch.

The main three I watch from this site are Nostalgia Critic because his stuff tends to be pretty darn hilarious from time to time (Except Star Trek month, which was full of crap jokes and boring reviews), ToddInTheShadows who's stuff is actually very interesting and the way he reviews and actually compares and looks into depth about pop songs is something that I think is really cool. The last one I watch is Angry Joe and, while I do tend to disagree with some of his reviews from time to time, I do actually like the way he goes about it by looking at specific things. He is a bit biased with the overall score, though. He has to personally like it to give it a good score, so he's the one I watch least.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like the critic, though lately AVGN has really caught my attention more lately (the only thing I don't like about him is his overuse of any word or actions relating to poop)

The Bum's way more funnier though and I like it when the NC does crossovers, especially the alone in the dark review, great stuff!

Oh my word.

http://blip.tv/nosta...c-ponyo-5974334

Nostalgia Critic for his 200th episode is reviewing Ponyo.

I haven't finished it quite yet, it's nothing incredible, but the one joke he makes 19 minutes into the review is legendary.

I had to take a break to laugh it out. It's great.

Apparently, the link leads to a private video. I can't find it under his official blip page or on TGWTG.com either. Guess I'll have to wait a bit longer before I can see it.

Sounds pretty interesting for him to review something like Ponyo, though..it's not very "nostalgic", at least I wouldn't say so.

Basically I'll watch the Nostalgia Critic, most anything Benzaie does, Bennet's anime abandon videos and Masterpiece Fanfic Theater, sometimes the Nostalgia Chick videos, and some of Brad's stuff. Brad's best stuff has to be Kung Tai Ted. The biggest problem I've been having with a lot of their stuff are the overarching plot lines that basically culminate in some random character walking into the reviewer's bedroom and then having some stupid fight. Spooney's Final Fantasy reviews tend to break this mold because of how how hilarious he looks dressed up as those characters. Linkara's reviews tend to be roughly interchangeable, Angry Joe isn't funny, and a lot of the authors have really low production values.

By the way, does anyone know where Anime Abandon's intro comes from?

Edited by Phos

When he says 19 minute joke, it's OBVIOUS what he means. I don't too play too much of that game franchise though, so the joke is lost on me.

I waited at 19 minutes for something especially funny, but found nothing. Then I realised the timing must be off. Dear foreign people, what's the deal with the commercials mid-review. All I see is the Nostalgia Critic make a commercial-related joke, then the video turns black for one second and immediatelly resumes. Do only people in certain parts of the world see these commercials?

That's because Doug probably hasn't put the midroll ads in the video yet. He's recorded a place to put them, but hasn't gotten around to actually putting them in the video just yet.

^ No, I definitely saw a taco ad there, and I watched it about an hour before you made that post. So I'm guessing the lucky foreigners don't have to put up with this commercial bullshit. Ah well, it could be worse. Try watching something on Fox or MTV's website. Fuck. Them.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ah, crap. I didn't think about how the advertisements would mess it up.

The joke that made my spleen burst was the placement of the moon from Majora's Mask over the regular moon at the scene where the red-haired wizard dude is talking about how the balance of nature is at stake or something like that. It was the unexpected nature that caught me off guard and had me in tears.

• Thumbs Up 2

^ No, I definitely saw a taco ad there, and I watched it about an hour before you made that post. So I'm guessing the lucky foreigners don't have to put up with this commercial bullshit. Ah well, it could be worse. Try watching something on Fox or MTV's website. Fuck. Them.

Adblock plus.

• Thumbs Up 4

The joke that made my spleen burst was the placement of the moon from Majora's Mask over the regular moon at the scene where the red-haired wizard dude is talking about how the balance of nature is at stake or something like that. It was the unexpected nature that caught me off guard and had me in tears.

I waited for the 19 minute mark to come in for me to start cracking up, but I didn't really find myself doing that. In fact, I thought the small joke he made right before about Sasuke's irresponsible mother teaching him "How to fix an electrical circuit...underwater" was funnier, but that's just me.

As for odds, it was actually surprising. I usually see ads for his reviews, I did all during Star Trek month and the last review for Patch Adams, but nothing this time around. It felt pretty odd to see the joke for the ad cut and nothing happen.

Ah, crap. I didn't think about how the advertisements would mess it up.

I actually wasn't that surprised by it. Just a minute or two beforehand that comedian guest star (BTW, I haven't heard of a single one of these guest stars) pointed out the Majora's Mask connection. It was still a funny joke, it just wasn't unexpected for me.

My personal favorite joke was this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZox_fAH_p8

Has a bit of a personal meaning for me, because that line from Taken is a bit of a meme between me and a friend. And the placement here is perfect laugh.png

Hahaha, saw the Ponyo review, it was great. Interesting the see the critic reviewing not only a more recent movie, but a movie he likes for a change.