Awoo.

That Guy With The Glasses.Com

Stacy

The NC's recent review was pretty funny.

As for the movie itself, how is it a Disney movie if it has animal abuse in it? So much for being a kids' movie. :P

Doug gives us commentary on the Grinch as a replacement for this week's NC.

- I'm one of those who doesn't care for this film anymore. I watched it when I was a pre-teen and while I was entertained by the film, I didn't laugh at anything. Now, I really don't want to go back to the film. I'm nitpicky like that.

Suede, Linkara, and JewWario take a look at the first Pokemon movie.

-Why did 4kids remove that touching beginning? Oh well, this movie stunk anyways. I was more entertained by the second one than this mostly because it didn't have a super questionable moral.

Been watching some Todd InThe Shadows, I enjoy his work but sometimes I question his musical taste. wacko.png

I haven't watched NC in a bit either, the last thing I saw being his third Fuck Ups installment. Nostalgia Chick, Todd, and occasionally Linkara give me the level of insight into reviews that I want without a lot of the wackiness and Let's Play-esque commentary that serves to obscure this element of other reviewers' material. JesuOtaku and Rap Critic are also cool peeps more along this line of reviewing as well. Overall, I dunno if it's me or Doug, but I think I'm just a bit burnt out on his shtick for now. It'll probably come back to me once I bite the bullet again.

I'll have to watch some Rap Critic episodes again maybe he has improved, that crossover he did with Todd was good they even referenced how cliche crossovers as are (sort of). smile.png

I thought there was only Dr. Insano and Dr. Linksano (alternate universe Linkara that is Dr. Insano).

I thought there was only Dr. Insano and Dr. Linksano (alternate universe Linkara that is Dr. Insano).

There's a Suedesano as seen in the video.

Doug gives us commentary on the Grinch as a replacement for this week's NC.

- I'm one of those who doesn't care for this film anymore. I watched it when I was a pre-teen and while I was entertained by the film, I didn't laugh at anything. Now, I really don't want to go back to the film. I'm nitpicky like that.

Suede, Linkara, and JewWario take a look at the first Pokemon movie.

-Why did 4kids remove that touching beginning? Oh well, this movie stunk anyways. I was more entertained by the second one than this mostly because it didn't have a super questionable moral.

Hmmm, is there a reason why there wouldn't be a new NC review this week? Don't know why we need another commentary. Most people (not me, mind you) aren't a huge fan of those. :/

And tbh, I hated the second Pokemon movie due to the slow pacing it has. :P

Hmmm, is there a reason why there wouldn't be a new NC review this week? Don't know why we need another commentary. Most people (not me, mind you) aren't a huge fan of those. :/

And tbh, I hated the second Pokemon movie due to the slow pacing it has. tongue.png

He's working on the anniversary video with everyone else.

As for the 2nd Pokemon film, I was more drawn into the tension building up, plus slow pace has never bothered me in films.

This may seem a little random, but this has been bugging me for a while. Am I the only one who really doesn't understand how SadPanda got to be the official theme song writer/singer for nearly every person on the site? Even Spoony has started using him for during his end credits, and I...don't get it. I don't think he can write lyrics ("Phelous don't let me down, you need to be around." Really?), play guitar, or (especially) sing. Maybe his regular videos are fine, I've never really watched them much. I just don't understand what everyone else apparently sees in his musical "talents".

Edited by Speederino

I haven't particularly enjoyed any of his more recent work, but I've always found SadPanda's Phelous theme vaguely charming in an awkward, Engrishy kind of way. I still have no idea what half of the lyrics are even supposed to be, as opposed to his more comprehensible (and therefore more cringeworthy) Spoony theme... maybe that's why I don't mind it so much.

-Why did 4kids remove that touching beginning?

Because child death and failed Pokemon clone death are pretty morbid subjects to begin a movie starring Pikachu that mostly kids and their families were going to see? tongue.png (Also, those scenes weren't originally part of the movie, anyway. They were an animated adaptation of a radio play made to promote the movie that was aired on Japanese TV and edited into later releases of it. In reality, 4Kids didn't remove ANYTHING from the movie for its US release. Kind of odd that Suede, Linkara, or JewWario wouldn't know that, but they probably did their research on the Japanese version from a later copy, so I suppose it's understandable.)

Luckily, they dubbed the scenes in question in full on the Mewtwo Returns DVD for those who want the full experience.

Edited by chaoscontrol14

Funnily enough I haven't seen any of his stuff for a long time either. Same with AVGN. I just lost interest.

I think NC peaked with his review of that Tommy Waseau movie. I mean that was a damn good and bloody funny review. Since then for whatever reason I just didn't feel like watching anymore, despite making sure I'd get up to see his vids every Wednesday.

With AVGN I just forgot about him. I was a fan for some 2 or so years, just one of them things I suppose.

Everything else on TGWTG kinda sucks. I love Spoony's video game and CG game reviews. Hell I watched him review all those crappy PC games that I had zero interest in but just watched because I like Noah. I know people take issue with him but I just find him really enjoyable, moreso actually than Doug or James. His FF reviews were good but his best was his Lets Play Phantasmagoria. Great dude.

Actually you know what, I'm gonna go watch some AVGN and Spoony right now. Haha!

Having nothing to do, I apparently took on the goal to watch everything on the site without even noticing.

Not counting the things I always kept up with(NC and Linkara) I have watched all of Nchick, Obscurus Lupa, Spoony's reviews and The Cinema Snob. All this within the last weeks.

The only guy on the team I still watch is Spoony, and Spoony used to be a lot more funnier before he joined TGWTG. Back when it wasn't all about embarrassingly bad FF cosplay, the Black Lantern Spoony bullcrap and all those unfunny, unnecessary cameos from other TGWTG critics. Not to say he's completely crap, he still has his moments, just not as good as he used to be.

If there working on the anniversary, then you definitely know that means....

Crossover reviews!

So many people in this topic complained about crossovers and cameos in this topic, that I'm actually expecting some rage when the Anniversary special comes out. I'm actually dreading the complaints.

• 2 weeks later...

He's working on the anniversary video with everyone else.

As for the 2nd Pokemon film, I was more drawn into the tension building up, plus slow pace has never bothered me in films.

Yeah, I know that already. I watched it the same day I typed that comment. XD

And has anyone seen the new Old vs. New yet?

• 4 weeks later...

Recently watched the episode with the Mara Wilson cameo (the film wasn't that memorable to be honest), man puberty was good to her!wink.png

Crossover reviews!

So many people in this topic complained about crossovers and cameos in this topic, that I'm actually expecting some rage when the Anniversary special comes out. I'm actually dreading the complaints.

I actually don't care about the Anniversay specials so I have no rage about the TGWTG team coming together, but with ordinary crossover reviews sometimes it does. sleep.png

Crossover reviews!

It never ceases to amuse me that the people who hate crossovers still insist on watching them, instead of...oh, I dunno...watching something they don't hate.

I don't watch the anniversary specials myself, and I don't even hate crossovers. ^ ^;

It never ceases to amuse me that the people who hate crossovers still insist on watching them, instead of...oh, I dunno...watching something they don't hate.

I don't hate them some are quite good, but some just simply weak and some the cameo reviewers just end up chewing dialogue.dry.png

Usually isn't because of co-reviewer or the main reviewer its usually the script which sometimes do get rushed.

Edited by BW199148

I watch crossovers even if I'm not a fan of them because it's something to have playing while I do my work. I'm not 100% staring at the screen for 20 minutes, so no time is wasted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did anyone see the Nostalgia Critic's top 11 best simpsons episodes?

IMO, these were some pretty good episodes he picked out, especially number 1, "Bart gets an F." I could really relate to Bart in that episode, as I too had problems with concentrating in school and often suffered from it as a result.

But seriously, is anyone sick of the Nostalgia Critic frequently joking about how bad the Let's Play was recently? We get it, it was bad, you're sorry, stop constantly apologizing for it! dry.png

• Thumbs Up 1