Awoo.

That Guy With The Glasses.Com

Stacy

Hmm...am I the only one who is started to get tired of all the crossovers Doug has been doing? Don't get me wrong there are some really good ones like the Digimon movie with JesuOtaku, but I always watch a crossover ep one time and never rewatch it again unlike other NC reviews. =[

And why still no crossover with FilmBrain or MarzGurl? How did that AWFUL Diamanda get in over these two!

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmm...am I the only one who is started to get tired of all the crossovers Doug has been doing? Don't get me wrong there are some really good ones like the Digimon movie with JesuOtaku, but I always watch a crossover ep one time and never rewatch it again unlike other NC reviews. =[

And why still no crossover with FilmBrain or MarzGurl? How did that AWFUL Diamanda get in over these two!

No same here.

I admit I might be more biased towards AVGN. But I find damn hard to find something really positive to say about NC or TGWTG's as a whole these days.

Personally I think that Doug needs to cut down on his reviews to just two a month I would rather have quality over quantity.smile.png

I still occasionally watch Todd's reviews but if it has Nostalgia Chick in it I tend to avoid it, I just find her really snotty.dry.png

• Thumbs Up 1

I like some of Nostalgia Chick's reviews, but there's others that really get on my nerves. She is very snotty and wants to shove her so-called feminist views right down our throats. That's what it feels like to me anyway.

• Thumbs Up 3

I like some of Nostalgia Chick's reviews, but there's others that really get on my nerves. She is very snotty and wants to shove her so-called feminist views right down our throats. That's what it feels like to me anyway.

For me its the fact over analyses every little thing, like look me I am highly educated in film studies I know more than you.

I mean yeah she does now more than me about films but there is no need to be snooty about it. Hell she reviewed Dune twice and still showed how much she doesn't get it.

Also she relies too much on Nella and her friends as well as crossovers for humour, hell they may as well give the show to her.

Personally Marzgurl would of made a much better Nostalgia Chick.happy.png

EDIT: I also dislike Nostalgia Chick because she mocked people with special needs when she was at College becuase they weren't as "bright" as her and her friends, she mentioned this in her blog.

Edited by BW199148

I really don't mind the crossovers at all, but I think Doug's been doing too much of them recently.

I absolutely love the Nostalgia Chick because her insight and commentary is meaningful, well-researched, and clearly put across, and on top of that, she can be very silly and amusing to punctuate some videos. Her review of All Dogs Go To Heaven for example, while inherently funny in its sarcasm about its allegorical nature, was still so sensible that it made me see the film in a different light, and I enjoy it even more now. On the other hand, the Let's Play angle of joking about the imagery and dialogue Nostalgia Critic does is good for some cheap laughs but has proven to be one of the causes of why his material has worn thin; your shtick inevitably runs dry as you have to pump out jokes and running gags every single week, and there's only so many ways you can say "this part of the film sucks," unless your wit is on par with Rifftrax or MST3K. NChick serves to stimulate my brain a bit more and is inherently more engaging to me as a result.

• Thumbs Up 2

On the other hand, the Let's Play angle of joking about the imagery and dialogue Nostalgia Critic does is good for some cheap laughs but has proven to be one of the causes of why his material has worn thin; your shtick inevitably runs dry as you have to pump out jokes and running gags every single week, and there's only so many ways you can say "this part of the film sucks," unless your wit is on par with Rifftrax or MST3K.

I hate to say it, but I have to agree with the bolded part specifically. I still think he's funny, but hot damn it feels like a lot of NC's material relies on running jokes and cameos of other TGWTG reviewers. This makes me wonder how newcomers are supposed to latch onto his material these days. Jokes like "I was frozen today!", "Of course!", "FUCKING BUBBLES!", and the like may be hilarious for those of us who have been watching the show for a while, but if I were to just pull a random video and show it to someone who has never heard of TGWTG? They'd be fucking lost. Those lines aren't really funny without proper context, and the cameos are meaningless if you don't know who these people are. I'd like to see him spend a few episodes just coming up with new material and new material ONLY.

• Thumbs Up 2

I absolutely love the Nostalgia Chick because her insight and commentary is meaningful, well-researched, and clearly put across, and on top of that, she can be very silly and amusing to punctuate some videos. Her review of All Dogs Go To Heaven for example, while inherently funny in its sarcasm about its allegorical nature, was still so sensible that it made me see the film in a different light, and I enjoy it even more now. On the other hand, the Let's Play angle of joking about the imagery and dialogue Nostalgia Critic does is good for some cheap laughs but has proven to be one of the causes of why his material has worn thin; your shtick inevitably runs dry as you have to pump out jokes and running gags every single week, and there's only so many ways you can say "this part of the film sucks," unless your wit is on par with Rifftrax or MST3K. NChick serves to stimulate my brain a bit more and is inherently more engaging to me as a result.

Pretty much this. I sort of have a love/hate feeling when it comes to the Nostalgia Chick and this is the reason why I like watching her reviews. I thought some of her reviews like the Bratz review, the Babysitter Club review and the top 10 worst Disney sequels were entertaining and informative... Though I really can't watch most of her Disney reviews, possibly because I'm a Disney fanboy which makes me pretty biased and I agree with Gabz Girl's opinion on the hate side.

I can stand her Disney reviews just fine, and I love Disney as much as the next person. Again, her commentary is fairly well-done, and not only that, but to me she doesn't come across as elitist. She's naturally knowledgeable about film and has strong opinions as a result, but I don't think being knowledgeable makes her particularly rude or mean-spirited. I've heard much worse coming from other people's videos on and off site.

I absolutely love the Nostalgia Chick because her insight and commentary is meaningful, well-researched, and clearly put across, and on top of that, she can be very silly and amusing to punctuate some videos.

Edited by BW199148

Alright, another week, another Nostalgia Critic episode, let's see what it is!

*sees that it's a crossover again*

Ugh, I'll pass. >

Another crossover, seriously?! C'mon critic, I don't mind your crossovers, but you've been doing too much as of recently!

• Thumbs Up 1

I have experience with watching the site since January 2011, but i still watched most of the past videos. Now, about reviewers i watch:

-Nostalgia Critic: Hit and miss sometimes, but i still find it funny even with this year's reviews, especially Patch Adams, Alien Resurrection, Signs and the cross-overs done all this year.

-Bum Reviews: Meh. Sometimes are funny and most of the time are informative, but they are nothing special; on the contrary, i like Doug's real impressions about the movies that comes out in theaters recently.

-Nostalgia Chick: Ugh, i don't know how to feel. It's surely useful for reviews about Disney good stuff and girl's stuff that Doug can't do (like Thumbelina), but still i don't like the fact that sometimes he "steals" potential fun NC reviews that Doug state he will not do (like Armageddon or a top X worst Disney sequels).

-Spoony: I never abandoned him, not even when he had his freak out recently. And i still like his videos (not only the Final Fantasy reviews, but even the Paranormal Activity 3 and Breaking Down Part One). I still hope that someday he will return on the site.

-Linkara: I like especially his saga reviews (Countdown, Battle for Bludheaven, Ultimatum, etc.), but there are single issues reviews that i like either. In any case, he's both fun and informative. What i don't understand is why people don't like the "storyline" putted in his reviews.

-Obscurus Lupa: I tried. I really tried to like her, but there's something that keeps a "Meh" in my expression watching her videos. Plus, i don't liked her character in Suburban Knights (especially in the scene involving the return of Suede).

-AngryJoe: God only knows how much i hate this guy. Why am i still watching him you may ask? Because i want to like him. He has potential, but he just follows the current gaming world situation and does his videos much for fanbase (examples are his over exagerating hate for Capcom or his praising for Skyrim without noticing the flaws in it). Plus, most of the time he's not funny either (watch his performance out of reviews in his Batman Arkham City video); i hope someday i will find one of his creation good.

-JonTron and PeanutButterGamer: This guys are a strange case. Really. They are far from being bad, sure, but there's something in their's style that isn't funny. I don't know, i watch their video with the hope for a smile, but nothing. Same hopes of AngryJoe are applied here.

On the other reviewers, i surely will watch in the future some Brad Jones stuff, and i watched the Suede/Linkara/JewWario review of Pokémon The First Movie (really funny and obviously better than the NC one) but for now i'm ok with this.

But now, back to the present: from what i see, on his Facebook profile, Doug asked a fan requested movie for the next week, so we have to expect something like Small Soldiers or Indian in the Cupboard (the 2 most requested movies on TWTG board by now). Also, i'm getting hyped for this year special, and i want to know how it will be.

Edited by Teoskaven

Oh hey, ANOTHER NC CROSSOVER!!! This time with some lady I don't know Maven as they discuss...breakfast cereal? Actually, I think this one is very interesting. I always hear about the old-school monster cereals like Count Chocula and how great they were, but I simply never heard of it growing up. I know it was just a few years ago that they officially discontinued it (Save for Halloween seasons), but throughout the 90's/early 00's the stuff was rarer then gold dust. It was never advertised and I sure as shit never actually saw it in stores. Not that it would have mattered because my Mom always refused to buy me chocolate cereals I HATE YOU MOM!

New episode today of the Nostalgia Critic... This time he's reviewing Scooby Doo.

Hmmm, since I do find problems with the movie, (And I feel like I'm the only one who really doesn't like this movie,) I shall give this a watch. It's been a while since I've watched the Nostalgia Critic.

Okay... I haven't laughed this hard at one of the critic's reviews since I watched the second Titanic animated movie review. Dat intro, XD

EDIT:Not sure if I should spoiler this or not... but to be safe, I will.

Good review. I guess it's kind of a guest reviewer episode, and but it was done in a clever way... A lot of the points the Critic brought up really match my opinion of the problems I had Scooby Doo movies. Especially Scrappy's role in this movie... Seriously, I know scrappy is probably the most annoying and hated cartoon character ever to be created, but how fanboyish can the movie's writers get? That felt something out of a poor fanfic.

The story within the review itself felt like filler at times, but it had a pretty dang heartwarming ending... I could actually see it being the ending to the Nostalgia Critic. But seeing as that's probably not going to happen very soon, I can't help but wonder if this means the Nostalgia Critic will take more time to plan his reviews, very much like the AVGN does. I hope so, it really helped out James Rolfe to make his reviews monthly so I'm sure It'd help him.

Edited by Lyra Heartstrings

Tee hee, what a time to get into a Hanna-Barbera kick. Scooby Doo was THE HB character I grew up with the most, and seeing anything of it get reviewed should be interesting, including the live-action film. I'll edit with my thoughts of the review after.

edit:

-Ugh, that intro bit was too long for my tastes. Then again, it wasn't exactly a normal episode.

-Seeing the footage they used, have to agree that it was pretty off-the-mark from the original series, but I think a lot of the stuff they did was being kicked into motion before then (the supernaturals started appearing in Zombie Island, Scrappy as more of a resentful antagonist was in the Cartoon-Cartoon bumpers), so it's not like the filmmakers themselves are -entirely- to blame for it.

-The bit with Roger was amusing, at least.

-I couldn't watch that burp scene even as a kid, way too vulgar for me.

-Surprised they didn't mention the vegetarian thing either. It wasn't in the original show, and only changed in 2002 when Casey Kasem was invited back to What's New Scooby Doo in 2002 (he'd left in 1995 because the producers had refused to make Shaggy vegetarian back then). The film came out the same year, so it's highly likely that the filmmakers were told to change him accordingly.

-Brad! biggrin.png

-I'm one of a minority who likes Scrappy at least a little, so the past NC really hit home on why I didn't like the film's 'twist'

Edited by Wally Gator
  • Thumbs Up 1

Meh the intro was okay for 30 seconds but then it started to grate on me a little.

Yeah the crossover idea is a good twist.

I am actually curious to see what would happen if Nostalgia Critic actually went on hiatus, I wonder if the site would still get as many views.

Also I don't hate the Scooby Doo movie its not brilliant but it did make me laugh a lot make in the day. Also the movie does kinda explain where Mystery Inc. splits up even if it could of be explained better. So far the review has been kinda nitpicky though he does raise a good point about the Monsters actually being real, but still.

Also why is Nostalgia Critic acting like he hasn't seen the film when even at the beginning he states it sucks e.g. when (S)crappy is revealed as the main villain?huh.png

I didn't laugh much as thought I would, once again its just another "meh" review. Though the ending with his brother with the Dinosaur mask made be laugh as thought they stopped with that joke, the ending was good, overall the review was very "meh" and doubt this the end its not the first time he's done this in a review.

In short: Nostalgia Critic likes anal "Cock my ass".

Edited by BW199148

Wow, the ending of the scooby doo episode gave the impression that this could be the Grand Finale of the Nostalgia Critic. I doubt it is the end but if it is, it's was a really proper sen off for him.

The original Nutty Professor is on 4+ right now. I thought the NC was overexaggerating the interest the professor had in his student, but I've just seen a 3 minute sequence where he imagines her in alluring (for the time) outfits while she's waiting to leave.

Also was son of a lizard the G-rated version of son of a bitch back then? I've never heard it before.

Also also that flashback to him as a baby with his parents was one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen. o_O

Wow, the ending of the scooby doo episode gave the impression that this could be the Grand Finale of the Nostalgia Critic. I doubt it is the end but if it is, it's was a really proper sen off for him.

It's definetly not: along with Todd and Linsdey, Doug has recently signed a new type of contract with BlipTv. Also, Elisa Hansen stated this:

Doug loves making videos. He's not going to stop anytime soon! "Administrative" is NOT his thing. He'll always be the writer and performer icon_e_smile.gif

So guys, don't rip your hair of your head too early and relax.

Inb4, the Scooby Doo review was pretty meh to me; it could had more potential to me.

Edited by Teoskaven

But what if Doug stops making NC reviews and just keeps doing his other stuff? that would be a possibility as well.

Maven really annoys me. Mainly because she tries to do this Vampira voice the entire f-ing time. Not that I watch her stuff, but whenever she appears for a crossover I skip it. I just can't stand her shtick. Being in character for a 20+ minute review is really annoying.

In fact, I don't like any TGWTG person who does something in a goofy character voice. Must explain why I like Film Brain and Todd the most.