Awoo.

That Guy With The Glasses.Com

Stacy

But what if Doug stops making NC reviews and just keeps doing his other stuff? that would be a possibility as well.

Man, these Phelous/NC Child's Play reviews are almost becoming a series unto themselves. Kinda apt since that's sort of Phelous' style...

Just found this over on Youtube. It's NC's review of the Blues Brothers game that was included as an extra on one of the DVD's. I admit, I'm not entirely sure if I should be embedding this. This was something you were meant to pay for, but it's been on Youtube for a few months and it hasn't been pulled...so I guess Channel Awesome doesn't mind. And if they do, they can certainly pull it.

EDIT: As for the new one OH MY GOD ANOTHER CROSSOVER!!?? Okay, I realize this might be building up to the anniversary but this is getting fucking ridiculous. These should be done sparingly, like for special movies and occasions that occur once every blue moon so they feel special. But at this rate they may as well just rename it to "Nostalgia Critic and Pals!"

Edited by Blonic
  • Thumbs Up 1

*facepalm* When will I fucking learn the difference between "Edit" and "Quote"? I seem to be doing this all too often. Sorry for the double post. Again.

Edited by Blonic

It begins...

That's the first part of the TGWTG 4th anniversery special, "To Boldly Flee." I'll watch it later and give my thoughts on it, but in the meantime enjoy... Or hate. Whatever people think about it. :P

What do you guys think?

Edited by Lyra Heartstrings

This 2 parts were really good, definetly better than Kickassia and Suburban Knights. Plus, counting the cameos this is really the biggest site anniversary in terms of cast.

And it keeps me impatient about next parts, wich is a good thing.

Well, that latest episode of Nostalgia Chick wasn't awkward at all...

I wonder if Americans are aware of the controversy over the Burqa/Nijab in Europe.

Guys, it's Convention Season. Of course they would do crossover reviews. Besides, I find out about other TGWTG people through these. SciFi Guy seems pretty cool and I learned about Linkara through a crossover.

• 2 weeks later...

So, one day remains before the final part of To Boldly Flee and the answer to the question that everyone asked: this will end the Nostalgia Critic as a character or as a series?

Still remains one more day to find out.

I just watched the last part of To boldly flee and I'm asking myself...there really wont be a Nostalgia Critic anymore? I mean, he died... and all those "It's going to end" lines when Doug promoted the movie...

Edited by Thigolf
  • Thumbs Up 1

I've never been a fan of the movies they do, since I watch for the reviews and not the fictional universe they've created. So I've been bored the past month since content took a dip in favor of To Boldly Flee. Really, I don't know 80% of these people and a good number of them are awful actors.

But I know these movies have fans so it's cool that people are enjoying it. At least Todd in the Shadows has still been making stuff, I've really grown to like his show.

I just watched the last part of To boldly flee and I'm asking myself...there really wont be a Nostalgia Critic anymore? I mean, he died... and all those "It's going to end" lines when Doug promoted the movie...

We have to wait and see: Rob spoked about an announcement today or tomorrow, so we will see. To me, it could mean everything, but if relly it's the end for the NC, i still have a couple of critics i follow and have no intention to end, like Linkara.

Btw, the ending of the evil trio was hilarious.

Mechakara: To be...

Zodd: ...or not...

Terl: TO BEEEEEH-

-BOOM-

So wait, did that Spoony guy patch things up to appear in their big movie or was this filmed before he was kicked off staff?

So wait, did that Spoony guy patch things up to appear in their big movie or was this filmed before he was kicked off staff?

Filmed before it. That movie will likely be the last time he appears on the site.

It was in production long before he left.

This was filmed several months beforehand.

EDIT: How did I not notice a ninja post several minutes earlier?

Edited by Original Character Blonic

Considering how the Scooby-Doo review (the most recent/possibly last NC review) ended (which provided some closure for the Critic); and now how To Boldly Flee ended, the Nostalgia Critic series (which originally started in summer 2007) ending or going on hiatus seems all but confirmed at this point. If it is, I'd personally say it's been a quite good run (up to this point), and I'd say his year in 2010 was probably the best year of NC.

Well If he is giving up his tie, then I got say that I do enjoy some of his work especially his top ten lists, but as for his reviews in my honest opinion I haven't enjoyed a Nostalgia Critic Review in a long time I mean like really laugh out laugh enjoyment. Though if he was going to finish it or put on hiatus I would rather him do now because I think his act has gone rather thin on the jokes.

But that is just me. wink.png

• Thumbs Up 2

http://thatguywithth...ostalgia-critic

As expected, Nostalgia Critic is officially over. Doug is NOT done with the site though and has plans for new shows in the works.

Well that's sort of a downer. I was at least hoping that he would take more time to plan out his reviews like the James did with AVGN.... I think that helped him a lot. Oh well, he probably knew that he was running out of material to work with (Considering how meh his more recent reviews were) and I think the Scooby Doo review was a good sendoff.

I haven't watched the rest of "To Boldly Flee" yet so I think I may have been spoiled a little bit. >_<

Oh well. I'll watch the rest tonight. I have like... oh two more parts to watch?

Edited by Lyra Heartstrings

http://thatguywithth...ostalgia-critic

As expected, Nostalgia Critic is officially over. Doug is NOT done with the site though and has plans for new shows in the works.

D: Aw man, I was kinda hoping for it to be a hiatus.

-sigh- But all good things must come to an end at some point, and besides, it's Doug's decision on what to do with the character after all.

Well, it's been fun. I doubt I'll visit the site anymore from this point anymore, sadly-the Critic (and sometimes Doug's other stuff like the Bum and AskThatGuy) was basically the only reason why I found and regularly visited the site in the first place. Kinda interested in this new show he'll be working on, but still.

But still, godspeed to Doug and the rest of the CA crew, good thing to know he's still supporting the site. Hopefully great things will come out of the new show, his marriage, and the new studio he's aquired.

Edited by Miku Hatsune

Today for the Internet is a day of sadness but also hope: i really want to believe this new show will turn out good, i sincerely hope for that. At least i will give it a try.