Awoo.

So. Abuse of Status Updates?

Tornado

For the record. I just went to bed after joking around a bit about the war. I only brought it up in the Facebook group because I was wondering if it was done. Didn't know people would get mad about this. So I'm sorry too.

Ahhh, I have no idea what was going on here.

Let this be a lesson to keep in mind, because for the time being, we dodged a missile here. But for how long, I can't tell. I wouldn't doubt on the mods being stricter on the updates now.

The staff have been on and off about the status updates over time. Every now and then, at the very least, problems related to usage arised, and removing the feature was considered several times. Since it seemed to be an important and fun feature to members, a decision was made to give it another shot. Be aware that the staff have not yet made an ultimate decision.

I swear there was a rule somewhere or a statement was made in a previous topic about status updates that was basically "stop bringing up people from other places in a bad light etc etc" by the mods. This topic to me just seems to be a repeat topic of that one.

I have lost the count on how many times I have posted this link. All status update users must read and follow it. I know that things may seem funny and innocent, but time keeps showing how things escalate quickly out of control. Staff also often have a hard time telling whether something is a joke or not, and even if we could tell with ease, there are always someone who takes it the wrong way and end up hurt, offended or carrying the joke to a real level of action. You should therefore read through your status before you post it - Please think twice. =3

• Thumbs Up 5

I must of been a asleep. He is my response:

Seirously I have heard this Nicohi, Nicohi that, and still have got a clue why people have turned into turd throwing monkeys?

Honestly you want to stir shit use E-Mail or Skype (Please not the SSMB Chat was getting pretty heated the other day).

If want to flame someone do it somewhere else or keep it on that site.

Yeah, this is probably rich coming for me but even if you do that it will bite you in the arse I made a massive mistake insulting somone over some stupid shit it ain't worth it, I wish could turn back the clock for what I said and did.

Edited by BW199148
  • Thumbs Up 1

That's downright pathetic, and the people who took part in that should feel pathetic for considering that fun.
Edited by Groosenator032
  • Thumbs Up 5

Wow...it feels like it was yesterday the last status update controversy happened. I was disappointed then too...yet I also missed it all again as well...

Strange...do you guys go nuts when I leave?

I prefer to get my laughs from more sophisticated comedy, rather than just bullying random people. While I do applaud defending a friend, it's not like he asked for it. Nobody could've predicted something like that would happen.

Anyway, if I keep talking, I'll only end up repeating what others have said. I forever live by the philosophy to treat people the way you wanna be treated yourself. I also only joke around with people I'm fairly familiar with.

So...with all that said...who's Nicochi?

You don't really need to answer that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Seirously I have heard this Nicohi, Nicohi that, and still have got a clue why people have turned into turd throwing monkeys?

Mis-spellings aside, i get what your saying you don't know who he is so why should you care. it was before your time here but He used to go both here and Retro at one point long long ago. Nicochi a sort of legend for his amazing level of hate for anything modern but he doesn't spew it stupidly like Sonic1sonichedgehog does, hes formal with his writing but very bullheaded and stubbern. I'm sure older members have stories about him hes been around longer then i have. Basically, His Ideal is that Nothing SEGA does now a days will redeem them and Until they go back to sprite based sonic games they will allways be shit. and nothing you say will change his mind about it.

The fucked thing is the guy is an amazing artist. I used to watch him on his DevART before he shut everything down he drew some amazing art that still floats about but it was mostly classic sonic stuff. He drew some great DBZ pieces i have on my External HDD, wish i could get to them but its undergoing repair.

He does have a page over at 4chan's Encyclopaedia Dramatica, but i don't reccommend going there unless you can understand 4chan's level of joking.

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 1

I jumped on the status bandwagon rather late, so I didn't know it was going on for hours.

Either way, I'm sorry. It doesn't exactly give the best impression for newer members.

Edited by The Kid

Mis-spellings aside, i get what your saying you don't know who he is so why should you care. it was before your time here

I been on this fourm since 2006, FYI!sleep.png

Seirously what is with saying stuff like that? Its like people saying I am not American therefore I can't discuss American Politics, its a bit unfair.unsure.png

I been on this fourm since 2006, FYI!sleep.png

Seirously what is with saying stuff like that? Its like people saying I am not American therefore I can't discuss American Politics, its a bit unfair.unsure.png

Before that, we are talking from 2003 on stuff here i'm not trying to be unfair but i mean what i say that most new people wouldn't know this guy. i wasn't a member of both forums at the time so i can't tell you how things went when he was here or at Retro, but i have heard storys about his rantings. Plus i've seen some of his DevART journal comments so theres some truth to them.

Before that, we are talking from 2003 on stuff here i'm not trying to be unfair but i mean what i say that most new people wouldn't know this guy. i wasn't a member of both forums at the time so i can't tell you how things went when he was here or at Retro, but i have heard storys about his rantings. Plus i've seen some of his DevART journal comments so theres some truth to them.

My bad, but why should I care? I don't think I would care even if you told me to be honest but....mellow.png

My bad, but why should I care? I don't think I would care even if you told me to be honest but....mellow.png

You shouldn't. Your a newish member who never had a history with him and hopefully you never will run across him, don't worry what 1st gen. or 2nd gen oldbie members get themselves into. Hes a problem thats best delt with past members who have experences with him.

But i'm going off-topic. but i'm pretty sure that this point the topic has served its purpose.

So...I guess something happened last night?

Just what did that Nichochi person say that got on everyone's nerve to bash and ridicule him for his own opinion?

So...I guess something happened last night?

Just what did that Nichochi person say that got on everyone's nerve to bash and ridicule him for his own opinion?

This is what happened.

I was a member of a site called VG Critiques for just casual discussion. Nicochi comes in and gets into an argument with me. I post that "Nicochi is in an argument with me", not expecting anything major to happen as a result. Then several members go onto the site and jump into the debate. While this is going on, members are joking about how we're at "war"

In short, I accidentally started a internet war between members of SSMB and Nicochi without trying.

You shouldn't. Your a newish member who never had a history with him and hopefully you never will run across him, don't worry what 1st gen. or 2nd gen oldbie members get themselves into. Hes a problem thats best delt with past members who have experences with him.

But i'm going off-topic. but i'm pretty sure that this point the topic has served its purpose.

Really? I see members fresher than me getting involved in this? Not that I want I just don't like how you are singling me out that I don't have a right to know what the hell is going on. dry.png

Last I checked, that thread on that site never got out of hand only had like 7 or so members from here commenting on it and even so there was no flaming taking place at all. I took no place in either beating the war drum or obnoxiously screaming for a halt, because nothing serious even happened. As for who Nicochi is, BW, he's a retro fan that makes most if not ALL others in the fanbase look tame. His ED page is all you need to see.

• Thumbs Up 2

So let be get this straight this all about a some whiney douchebag who is stuck in 1993 that won't shut up bloody sodding green eyes!

Excuse me:

Stewiegunmouth.gif

Edited by BW199148

So let be get this straight this all about a some whiney douchebag who is stuck in 1993 that won't shut up bloody sodding green eyes!

Excuse me:

Stewiegunmouth.gif

Chill the fuck out.

I didn't get caught up in this particular situation, but I'll admit that yes, I do get amusement out of seeing the stupidity of SEGA Forum members who think Sonic "shood kik and punch at the speed of sownd and shoot beems lik DBZ". I don't usually specify on who the member is, but if posting a simple quote and following up with "Never change, SEGA Forums" is considered ill conduct; I'll stop. I love the status update feature and I don't ever want it to go away.

Despite not being involved in this incident; I likely would have gotten involved had I heard about it. And for that, I apologize. I'll keep in mind that by flinging shit in other places I'm giving the SSMB a bad name; and I'd never want to dishonor my family. ;)

• Thumbs Up 8

Somebody caused trouble in the status updates and it wasn't me?

You heard it here first folks, Gaming Misfit has turned over a new leaf!

But yeah, that's stupid. Honestly, this is nothing new, in fact, I've seen much worse examples. Banned members, SEGA Forum members, etc.

SEGA Forum mocking is getting really irritating too, since it makes us look like "Oh ho! I'm so much better than you!" and quite ironically it has that same effect with Nicochi. Just realize idiots will be idiots and get over yourself.

/irony

Edited by Gaming Misfit
  • Thumbs Up 3

• 4 weeks later...

I wasn't a member here at the time, but yeah; argument wars end up being quite embarassing , they tend to get into, "if you think on something differently, you are evil incarnate" sort of cruelty within statements. I remember when I joined a few weeks ago on a somewhat similar note, I made rather goofy topics and did not realize that it made me seem odd, but then again I was rather naive about forums in general.

I happen to be a witness to one of those stories*. When I saw what was going down, I chose to back out because I knew something like this would happen again. Another shit war, another wall o' flaming, it's ridiculous. But hey, no use dwelling in the past. I really don't care for that crap anymore.

*Don't ask because I will not talk about it...

Edited by Abominal Taz

I can't be the only one who thought some serious shit went down last night as a result of this bump.

• Thumbs Up 2

I find your whole talk of "I am old look at me" a bit hard to swallow when there wasn't a Sonic Retro before 2007. :/

I happen to be a witness to one of those stories*. When I saw what was going down, I chose to back out because I knew something like this would happen again. Another shit war, another wall o' flaming, it's ridiculous. But hey, no use dwelling in the past. I really don't care for that crap anymore.

*Don't ask because I will not talk about it...

Don't worry no one is going to force you I'm sure they all end the same way anyways. I've heard enough of "Nicochi vs. the fanbase" storys to know.

I find your whole talk of "I am old look at me" a bit hard to swallow when there wasn't a Sonic Retro before 2007. :/

Because it wasn't called Retro then, it went through a series of Name changes, Forum transfers, Forum mergers and such. I just call it Retro because I don't want to name off 10 different other forums that don't exist anymore!

Just look at this to understand:

Retrohistory.gif

Who said I was old? I've been around for awhile but I'm only 24 here...

Really? I see members fresher than me getting involved in this? Not that I want to I just don't like how you are singling me out that I don't have a right to know what the hell is going on. dry.png

...What?! Where the heck did you get that? I just said in longer terms that it wasn't worth your time knowing about this because you wern't around back then its just internet history its totally optional to learn about it. If you want to get involved next time Nicochi appears on the scene, go nuts man no ones gonna stop you. But i really feel that you shouldn't waste your time he is just a prick whos a bad idea to pick a fight or start a discussion with.

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 3