Awoo.

Are we anticipating a new Sonic game to be announced this year?

SolidSurgeTT

Yeah, it'll probably be announced in the form of a teaser trailer this Spring, judging by what we've seen in the last couple of years.

Nah. We already have Sonic 4 ep 2, so I hope we don't see another console game for anther 2 years or so. I want them to take their time and make it good.

Nah. We already have Sonic 4 ep 2, so I hope we don't see another console game for anther 2 years or so. I want them to take their time and make it good.

That's why they have different teams working on different Sonic games.

• Thumbs Up 1

Who knows, SEGA COULD ALREADY BE WORKING ON IT!!! Haha

That's why they have different teams working on different Sonic games.

Still...Colours was a main series game and that was 2 years after Unleashed.

I have to say yes. Even though Soni Generations was released a few months ago and Episode 2 is something that should be coming out, SEGA is constantly coming out with new Sonic games, so I really wouldn't be all that surprised.

At least I hope it's not "Sonic Dimensions" or some other fan made game, just "Sonic" is what I really want, no labels. (Ex. no "Classic Sonic", "Modern Sonic","Orange Sonic", lol)

Still...Colours was a main series game and that was 2 years after Unleashed.

And Unleashed was still in development when 06' was released.

If a game as major as Generations is out now, always expect another one to be leaked Sega is just waiting to announce.

Well, technically ASR 2 hasn't been announced, so if that whole thing holds true, then yes, we are anticipating a new Sonic game announcement.

As for a main game, I don't see one happening this year personally, if they're holding to their "Release every main game in November every couple of years" pattern. (Then again, the Storybook/Colors team has had a while to whip up something new, disregarding their involvement in Generations)

Edited by Mykonos

I'm not expecting any Sonic games this year other than Sonic 4 Ep.2.

Why?

Because when you don't expect something it will surprise you when it does exist you know. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not really expecting anything but I wouldn't be shocked if we got something new.

This fall it will be 2 years since Colors came out so a new Sonic game for the Wii-U is completely possible.

Well I am expecting SUMO's Sega racing being announced sometime this year. Only thing I can think of, unless they have a launch Sonic game for the Wii U

When it comes to a big new Sonic game, I wouldn't be surprised if we got an announcement somewhere between April and June. Though I also wouldn't be surprised if they took one year off to work on it, since we're getting S4E2 and probably the new ASR this year.

Actually, I don't think it's entirely out of the question that a new Sonic game is revealed for the Wii U at E3.

The question to me is how many announcements are we going to get? There generally isn't a lot of space between releases, even if it's just spin-offs.

Plus we know Crush 40 is working on new songs, at least one of which seems to be Sonic related.

501932444.jpg

That doesn't mean we'll get a game this year, but you can bet at least one will be announced.

I think we can expect a 3D game for the holiday season on Wii-U but I almost don't want that to happen. Great 3D games take time (Mario Galaxy - 5 years) to make and even if it was the Colors/storybook team working on the title that would mean only 2 years development time since that game was released in 2010. I think they should wait until next year at least and in the mean time we can enjoy Sonic 4 Ep.2 and Sonic and Sega racing 2.

2006- Main game

2007- Storybook

2008- Main game

2009- Storybook

2010- Main game(s)

2011- Main game

2012- Storybook? Main game? They have completely abandoned the pattern on purpose.

Pretty much the only game announced for this year in sonic 4 ep 2. But I really wouldn't be surprised if we did end up getting another announcement.

To be honest, I'd rather they hold off on the next new game and focus on downloadable titles this year

Dream Schedule:

Spring 2012:

Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II

Sonic Generations DLC 1

Summer 2012:

Sonic Generations DLC 2

Fall 2012:

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode III

Sonic Generations DLC 3

Sonic 3&Knuckles: Taxman Port for PSN, XBLA, iOS, Wii-U

Edited by Spooky Mulder
  • Thumbs Up 3

2006- Main game

2007- Storybook

2008- Main game

2009- Storybook

2010- Main game(s)

2011- Main game

2012- Storybook? Main game? They have completely abandoned the pattern on purpose.

You do realise they're not doing storybook games anymore.