Awoo.

Are we anticipating a new Sonic game to be announced this year?

SolidSurgeTT

That rumour was started in 2010. By me. As a joke on the whole "SEGA has left clues as to when it will be announced" thanks to a certain floor element in Bingo Highway.

I can assure you that it never had any legitimate ground.

Uh, no? It comes from Mike Hayes splitting the series into four types of games. One of them being team work based. games.

I'd personally love a remake of Chaotix putting it back into canon. Be as good a reason as any for SEGA to get the rights back for Mighty (and possible Ray, Nack, Bark, and Bean too) and make every fan happy for once.

Of course, we know that Sonic is pretty much confirmed for at least one game next year: The Wii-U Super Smash Brothers installment. I mean, SEGA and Nintendo wouldn't arbitrarily remove him from the game, right? Right?

I'd personally love a remake of Chaotix putting it back into canon. Be as good a reason as any for SEGA to get the rights back for Mighty (and possible Ray, Nack, Bark, and Bean too) and make every fan happy for once.

Of course, we know that Sonic is pretty much confirmed for at least one game next year: The Wii-U Super Smash Brothers installment. I mean, SEGA and Nintendo wouldn't arbitrarily remove him from the game, right? Right?

They have those rights.

Uh, no? It comes from Mike Hayes splitting the series into four types of games. One of them being team work based. games.

That one was more jumping the gun on what he meant. It's rather hilarious in hindsight, seeing that he seemed to have been referring to Sonic 4.

They have those rights.

Technically yes. They're just not allowed to use them as playable characters (at least with Mighty, I just included the other MIAs), which makes everyone sad, even people who don't know who those characters are.

Technically yes. They're just not allowed to use them as playable characters (at least with Mighty, I just included the other MIAs), which makes everyone sad, even people who don't know who those characters are.

No, they're allowed to use them however they want. They just choose not to use them.

No, they're allowed to use them however they want. They just choose not to use them.

God damn it why am I always behind on rumours. :|

Still, a remake of Chaotix would be a great way to bring 'em back.

And Unleashed was still in development when 06' was released.

If a game as major as Generations is out now, always expect another one to be leaked Sega is just waiting to announce.

Exactly. Plus, even though there were two years between '06 and Unleashed, and then another two before Colors, you had other games between those (Rush Adventure and Secret Rings in '07, Black Knight in '09.) Speaking of which, the reason they skipped a storybook game last year (assuming they're making any more and it wasn't just a label slapped onto Black Knight,) is because they wanted to put all their energy into Generations, plus the Wii is about to become obsolete. As such, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a Storybook game on the Wii U (and hopefully an original handheld game as well,) since while I prefer the main series titles, the storybook games were pretty fun IMO, and this means we'll be getting good, original games on the handheld(s) instead of getting a better game on the consoles with a meh port on the handhelds.

edit: Oh, I almost forgot. Generations DLC is a must.

Edited by Spidey 4 Ep MMXCIX

Of course, we know that Sonic is pretty much confirmed for at least one game next year: The Wii-U Super Smash Brothers installment.

Ha ha. Smash Bros. for Wii U hasn't even started development yet, far as anyone knows. Don't expect that game until 2015 or so. laugh.png

Edited by Unknownlight

Ha ha. Smash Bros. for Wii U hasn't even started development yet, far as anyone knows. Don't expect that game until 2015 or so. laugh.png

Come on, it's Smash Bros. Ninty wouldn't wait that long, right? Right?

Come on, it's Smash Bros. Ninty wouldn't wait that long, right? Right?

They waited seven years between Melee and Brawl (2001 - 2008). Another seven years (2008 - 2015) would just fit the pattern.

They waited seven years between Melee and Brawl (2001 - 2008). Another seven years (2008 - 2015) would just fit the pattern.