Awoo.

The Sonic Stadium Music Album 2011

Carbo

I really considering picking Palmtree Panic as my favorite remix, that guitar is just straight up sexy.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yay! It's out, <3.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments and support and stuff, it's seriously fuel to keep on going on to make more of these things!

• Thumbs Up 4

Glad I could be a part of this awesome project, and it's awesome that it's ready to blow the Sonic community away today! Here are some of my favorites from my fellow remixers/composers.

Warm Horizon [sunset Park] by mikeblastdude - A very catchy tune that stays true to the original while building upon it with interesting instrument choices, plus an initial techno-bassline that sounds like Smooth Criminal. That alone earns it points.

Sanctuary's Precipice [Hidden Palace] by Plumegeist - Extremely soothing and relaxing, this is a perfect example of how to make a song emotional and calming.

Competition Redux by Revision One - Expanding on a very simple tune by adding some new melodies and throwing in one sexy piano.

All three of foreversonic's Unplugged remixes - This is some awesome guitar work right here, I loved 'em all. Making the most out of one instrument, these songs just sound plain wonderful.

Ark Annihilator [For True Story] by Plumegeist - Oh, another from Plumegeist! He must be good. This remix has some very nice buildup, cool background notes, and just sounds powerful and epic. In my opinion, it's a million times better than the remix we got in Generations (which I personally thought sounded awful). Hell, it comes pretty close to besting the original as well!

But if I had to pick one absolute favorite, it would have to be

Mind Body Soul [Apotos ~ Windmill Isle] by DJ EAR - Sir......props to you. Major props. You took a song I didn't even really like, and turned it into something awesome with freaking brilliant sampling. It sounds like something straight out of Sonic Rush or Jet Set Radio. Ridiculously addictive, awesome drum beats, great samples, and an awesome backing melody to boot. Hats off to ya.

Awesome job everybody, can't wait to do it again in even bigger scope this year!

• Thumbs Up 4

But if I had to pick one absolute favorite, it would have to be

Mind Body Soul [Apotos ~ Windmill Isle] by DJ EAR - Sir......props to you. Major props. You took a song I didn't even really like, and turned it into something awesome with freaking brilliant sampling.

Edited by :: DJ EAR ::

Some tracks I liked, others I didn't, some I just kept listening to on repeat. Nice work guys. I won't say what I didn't like 'cus that wouldn't be in the spirit of things (And it's mostly because I just don't like the genres or original tracks, sorry! D: ). Won't deny I'm impressed nonetheless that you guys banded together with talent and such, much better than I could do mostly!

Specially Aptiva/Freen in Green's Mechanical Resonance oh god yes <3 You made me a very happy man oh yes <3

• Thumbs Up 2

Listened to the first two discs so far and it's really great stuff. I agree with DarkOverlord that there HAVE been a couple of "eh" tracks for me. But for the most part it's really great quality.

My absoloute favourites so far have been Scrap Brain Unplugged, Groove Tube, Underground Zone (Generations Modern), Conveyors 'n' Spikes, The Mountain Full Of Ice, What Once Was Lost, and Sanctuary's Precipice.

If you wonderful people can give me just one Sonic 2 8-bit remix per year I will cry tears of joy. ='D Underground was pure heaven, loved the hint of Hot Crater at the start.

Actually on that note what I love most about this collection is a real appreciation for all eras and games of Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 3

TSSMA 2011 FAVORITES

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Here's my TOP 3 Fav's from each Disc in their tracklist order. (Not Including my own works, or Wolfy's opening piece.)

>>> Disc 1 >>>

02. Palmtree Panic ..................................... AlexLP feat. EXshad

06. Saliva Roof [Lava Reef] ............................ Revision One

07. Endless Mine (1000 Miles) .......................... Urban Flow

>>> Disc 2 >>>

04. The Mountain Full Of Ice [ice Mountain Act 1] ...... Urban Flow

07. Sanctuary's Precipice [Hidden Palace] .............. Plumegeist

10. Death Egg Robot - Metal Remix ...................... EXshad

>>> Disc 3 >>>

01. Checkered Emerald Path [Green Hill] ................ VizardJeffhog

04. S.S. Spectral [Haunted Ship] ....................... Alien / Renegade

08. Mechanical Resonance [Generations Classic Style] ... Freen in Green

>>> Disc 4 >>>

07. Crisis City - Metal Remix .......................... EXshad

08. Ark Annihilator [For True Story] ................... Plumegeist

10. Unawakening Float [Generations Modern Style] ....... Freen in Green

DETAILS

>>>>>>>

Palmtree Panic

Epic bit of Rock in this one, Would have loved to hear this in Generations.

Saliva Roof

I've always been a Lava Reef fan, Pianos & Heavy Rock make this one stand out to me.

Endless Mine

You complete goofball, I'll never get this silly thing out of my head thanks to you.

The Mountain Full Of Ice

Just wow, Light and crisp like it should be. Noice.

Sanctuary's Precipice

Simply stunning. Words fail me. Thanks for the bit @ 02:40 <3

Death Egg Robot

Dude, Epic Original, Epic Remix/Cover. This piece simply says "Hang On!"

Checkered Emerald Path

Fix your Recording Quality & Hiss! Because seriously, This is the happiest, most glee-inducing piece in the album for me. happy.png

S.S. Spectral

"Don't Stop!" I'm a Naganuma fan, so this gets prop's for a slick remix from a crazy original, Much Respect.

Mechanical Resonance

In the almighty word's of Fluttershy: "yey." Get yourself a drummer to go along with your Rawk!

Crisis City

"THAT TORNADO IS CARYING A METULZ!" This one just drives fast 'till home with thick chords, full of raw power.

Ark Annihilator

Good lord Plumegeist, what the hell is this axesome, I don't even.

Unawakening Float

Please find a studio to Master this crazy track - It's just EPIC.

Wow, I made it on someone's favorite list biggrin.png I'm beaming, I truly appreciate the recognition. Everyone did so great, I don't think I can pick favorites...

The few songs I did were some of the first remixes I ever did, and now that I have a firm grasp on how to use the software, the next 3 songs are definitely gonna be better. I got dibs on a few, and I'm gonna push myself to make them 100 times better than what I submitted this year. As for one of the songs? Well, it's definitely full of chaos, I just hope an angel watches over me while I do it. 200+ BPM, here I come wink.png

Edited by EXshad
  • Thumbs Up 3

Wow, I made it on someone's favorite list biggrin.png I'm beaming, I truly appreciate the recognition. Everyone did so great, I don't think I can pick favorites...

The few songs I did were some of the first remixes I ever did, not that I have a firm grasp on how to use the software, the next 3 songs are definitely gonna be better. I got dibs on a few, and I'm gonna push myself to make them 100 times better than what I submitted this year. As for one of the songs? Well, it's definitely full of chaos, I just hope an angel watches over me while I do it. wink.png

5445016384_0953aeba04.jpg

O-oh geez..

• Thumbs Up 2

I didn't have time to listen to all of them but I managed to listen all tracks from Disc 1, 2 (and most from disc 3 plus 2 from 4) and I must say I freaking LOVE them I'm really enjoying what I've heard so far you guys should be really proud, have your heads held HIGH because THIS sounds EPIC!!!!biggrin.pngcool.png To everyone who was involved thank you so much for producing/remixing these tracks and making the album exclusive to us as well as to revealing you true talents. I actually love almost every track it's so hard for me to pick one favourite but I'll just say a few of my favs are Groove Tube, SBU, Conveyors 'n' Spikes, DOAA, SE and The Mountain Full Of Ice but there are also many other tracks I love biggrin.png AGAIN BIG Thank you for rvl this album it's epic...this baby is perfect for ears! A few tracks are very soothing which I like...happy.png

Edited by C.J
  • Thumbs Up 4

Wow, I made it twice in someone's favorites! Awesome and thanks DJ EAR biggrin.png ! I loved your tunes by the way, real professional like. Mad props yo' hahahaha. Mind Body And Soul was EPIC!!!!

I am currently forming a list of favorites! So I will post that in a bit as I have yet to listen to the other disks properly.

• Thumbs Up 1

EDIT: Goku, why not try just downloading the whole album? =O There's a download link on the lower left. You could delete what you don't want after that (Though why you would not want someone's songs would be beyond me; they're all epic <3)

I really want to but i'm having some serious space issues. My main drive is down to 2GB which normally isn't an issue but i had to send in my external HDD to the repair shop (the stupid USB connector in the back snapped and now i got to replace the whole drive enclosure. $50 gone...damn) and my second internal drive is acting off so i don't trust it too much. i'm fine listening to it on the site for now but i still think the youtube idea isn't bad one.

Edited by goku262002

So, I've listened to the whole album

And it is epic :D I think it's the first album I've listened to from start to finish for a few weeks

Jeez, you guys are very talented :D

And a shoutout to the Crisis City remix, was listening to it and at the "Tornado carrying a car!" part, I had to pause and was laughing for maybe five minutes straight XD

Again, so much talent :D Some of the songs I'm not fond of yet, but I need to listen a couple more times to see if they grow on me

If I was any good at remixing stuff, then I would definitely create something for this year's album, but alas...

• Thumbs Up 6

I really want to but i'm having some serious space issues. My main drive is down to 2GB which normally isn't an issue but i had to send in my external HDD to the repair shop (the stupid USB connector in the back snapped and now i got to replace the whole drive enclosure. $50 gone...damn) and my second internal drive is acting off so i don't trust it too much. i'm fine listening to it on the site for now but i still think the youtube idea isn't bad one.

Ah, that makes sense. Here are mine in a streamable form:

http://www.box.com/s/p8jsfn1h8vh5ap2jn0z7 - Final Egg

http://www.box.com/s/pxuiyscgjshore8mjggz - Back 2 Back

http://www.box.com/s/qzo8i9lxc4ejd0040v6t - Unawakening Float

I believe some of the other songs are out there on YouTube and various other sites. o: ...

Some songs are better than others, but overall I don't think there's a single bad track on the album. My favorites are Saliva Roof and Ark Anihilator, special mention to mikeblastdude for making Sunset Park and Yellow Desert sound good.

• Thumbs Up 5

I can't get over how great so many of these songs are, but most of my favorites come from DJ Ear. Mind Body Soul was incredible, I couldn't stop listening to it, and so is Groove Tube. By the way, did you put Hatsune Miku in Groove Tube, or is it just me? I gotta start learning to make music, so I can be in the next album release. I'm dedicated to it!

• Thumbs Up 4

Now that I've listened to the album once again, it's time to announce...

MY TOP 10 FAVORITE TRACKS!! (obviously excluding mine of course, but it's not like they hold a candle to these anyways XD)

10. Building the Empire [scrap Brain] - Wolfblur

This song sounds freakin' awesome. Very fast paced and just makes me want to go to a factory and blow things up. (Thankfully, I didn't haha) Definitely has that final zone feel.

9. Dreams of an Absolution (Absolute Remix) - Urban Flow

For one, I have to applaud the fact that this 9 minute song can actually completely hold my notoriously short attention span. Usually, when a track is this long, I tend to tune out at least half of it, but I can listen to this funky tune all day. Awesome sampling of Kurtis Blow's "It Takes Two". The old-school hip-hop side of me was satisfied.

8. We Fear the Light [sandopolis] - DJ EAR

SWEET RAVE PARTY! anyways, this song had a lot of strong moments and kept me continuously bouncing up and down.for pretty much the entire song. I think I got several goosebumps during several parts of the song as well.

7. Orange You Glad? [sunset Park Act 3] - Gregzilla

This one surprised me. For one, I haven't played Triple Trouble in years, so It was good seeing one of the most awesome tracks in the game get remixed. Also, when the rest of the instruments kicked in, I was kinda blown away. It definitely adds the feel of urgency that comes with a train chase. It's because of this song that I'm actually planning on doing a Triple Trouble song for next year's project.

6. Checkered Emerald Path [Green Hill] - VizardJeffhog

One thing that I'm a sucker for: awesome piano renditions, especially the end of the song. (Probably my favorite part of the piece). This song is so freakin' catchy and upbeat, and it makes me joyously remember the good times I've had playing Sonic games for about 14 years.

5. The Mountain Full of Ice [ice Mountain Act 1] - Urban Flow

God, this song is so chill. Sonic Advance was always a favorite of mine as a kid, so I was glad to see a remix. This song is just so amazingly serene. This is the type of song that I can listen to and drift off into a fantasy wonderland. Even though it defintiely reminds me of ice, it just gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

4. Mind Body Soul [Apotos ~ Windmill Isle] - DJ EAR

Ok, seriously, whichever part of your brain gave you the idea to mix Boarder 70 with Windmill Isle, I want it, because that was just pure freakin' genius. I honestly got halfway into the song and thought, "are you sure this sin't a Hideki song?" and it wasn't because of the sample either. I absolutely love Naganuma's work, and this song is probably the closest I'll ever get to Naganuma without actually listening to his songs. Amazing work, EAR.

3. The Blue Blur - Wolfblur

Not only is this the perfect opening track, it's absolutely, infectiously catchy. Occasionally, at least once per day (or once per every other day), I find myself humming this to myself. and once I start, I can't stop for at least 30 minutes. Within 5 seconds of listening to this song, I was already wishing that it was used as the opening to Sonic Generations.

2. Saliva Roof [Lava Reef] - Revision One

Alright, I admittedly can't say much about this song, but that's only because it speaks for itself. It's just THAT awesome. That blend of instruments (guitar, piano, drums, synth, etc.) was just amazing. Nothing seemed out of place. It's like the instruments came together, formed their own demolition team, and just tore the living hell out of that song. It's amazing.

1. Crisis City ~ Metal Remix - EXshad

Alright, lemme get this outta the way first: You won a lot of epic points for the "That tornado's carrying a car!" part. Anyways, I absolutely loved this track. Another thing I'm a sucker for: epic metal remixes. This song had me headbanging the entire way through. I'm surprised that the songs you did on this album were some of your first remixes, because this is absolute friggin' earsex.

Overall Favorite Artist: DJ EAR

You do some amazing work, man. Mad props. Can't wait to see what you'll pull out next year. Also, thanks for the feedback on S.S. Spectral while the album was being put together. I really appreciate that.

My personal favorite out of the songs I made:

Mechanized Carnage ~ Metal Sonic's Reign [Original]

I guess the reason why I take so much pride in this one is because of my devotion to it. To think that I could take a random 1 minute track that I made when I was 14 because I was absolutely bored out of my mind and turn it into an awesome 3 minute original boss theme makes me very happy. I've already gotten a couple of positive comments on YouTube about this song (well, it's only two, but I'm unpopular anyways lol), so of course I feel great whenever those come up.

I actually had to dig back to my 7-year-old, completely obsolete, slow-as-hell, virus-ridden desktop to retrieve the original project file. It took me about 30 minutes, but it was all worth it. Come to think of it, I wasn't even planning on doing the Red Hot Skull and Haunted Ship remixes at all, but after completing Mechanized Carnage, I felt a taste for more. Basically, this song pretty much sparked my interest in remixing Sonic songs. Matter of fact, if it wasn't for this song, I probably wouldn't have joined the forums in the first place. My very first post was me submitting this song in the TSSMA'11 thread. This one project indirectly helped me to meet a bunch of awesome people and musicians on these forums.

Music is a powerful thing, ain't it? haha

Anyways, thanks to Vizard. Carbo, BlitzChris, and everyone else that made this amazing piece of work possible, and I hope to see some new faces for next year's project!

Edited by Alien/Renegade
  • Thumbs Up 6

THE CHEAT, IS GROUNDED! happy.png

Yeah, I've become kind of a Sample-Freak lately after drenching myself in Naganuma tunes over the past year or so.

Glad it payed off, and that you enjoy!

(And again, Big UPS Wolfy for letting me Master that Epic as hell Guitar piece!)

Really appreciate all the love and support from you and everyone else! happy.png I'll have plenty of new tunes lined up LONG before the deadline for next year!

EDIT:

Oh why not, I suppose I really SHOULD plug that I do music for the SUPER SONIC KNOCKOUT FanGame & that it is FREE, Available to download here:

EAR - SSK BEATZ

(Plenty of Naganuma-style tunes, and MORE Sonic Remixs!)

</endplug>

Now that I've listened to the album once again, it's time to announce...

MY TOP 10 FAVORITE TRACKS!! (obviously excluding mine of course, but it's not like they hold a candle to these anyways XD)

8. We Fear the Light [sandopolis] - DJ EAR

SWEET RAVE PARTY! anyways, this song had a lot of strong moments and kept me continuously bouncing up and down.for pretty much the entire song. I think I got several goosebumps during several parts of the song as well.

4. Mind Body Soul [Apotos ~ Windmill Isle] - DJ EAR

Ok, seriously, whichever part of your brain gave you the idea to mix Boarder 70 with Windmill Isle, I want it, because that was just pure freakin' genius. I honestly got halfway into the song and thought, "are you sure this sin't a Hideki song?" and it wasn't because of the sample either. I absolutely love Naganuma's work, and this song is probably the closest I'll ever get to Naganuma without actually listening to his songs. Amazing work, EAR.

3. The Blue Blur - Wolfblur

Not only is this the perfect opening track, it's absolutely, infectiously catchy. Occasionally, at least once per day (or once per every other day), I find myself humming this to myself. and once I start, I can't stop for at least 30 minutes. Within 5 seconds of listening to this song, I was already wishing that it was used as the opening to Sonic Generations.

Overall Favorite Artist: DJ EAR

You do some amazing work, man. Mad props. Can't wait to see what you'll pull out next year. Also, thanks for the feedback on S.S. Spectral while the album was being put together. I really appreciate that.

Anyways, thanks to Vizard. Carbo, BlitzChris, and everyone else that made this amazing piece of work possible, and I hope to see some new faces for next year's project!

• Thumbs Up 1