Awoo.

The Sonic Stadium Music Album 2011

Carbo

Alright then, can't wait to see what you've got in store for us!

And you actually plan on giving a shot at music? 8D

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't gotten my keyboard back yet, so that puts a huge damper on the whole music making thing I had going. On the plus side, I've been fooling with Sonic Rush's sample files and am working on a song right now. My first real song! biggrin.png

Edited by KatamariParadox
  • Thumbs Up 1

Can we use pieces of non-Sonic/Sega songs in our mixes?

Okay, so here's what I've been working on. Before anyone says anything, yeah I know a Back 2 Back remix was on the last album, but it was the first thing my mind jumped to making. Besides, I'll probably submit a different song for the album anyway.

**EDIT** The WIP has since been updated.

http://soundcloud.co...blazy-style-wip

Can we use pieces of non-Sonic/Sega songs in our mixes?

Non-Sonic/Non-SEGA you mean? Or just being allowed to use songs from any given SEGA game instead of simply Sonic?

Okay, so here's what I've been working on. Before anyone says anything, yeah I know a Back 2 Back remix was on the last album, but it was the first thing my mind jumped to making. Besides, I'll probably submit a different song for the album anyway.

http://soundcloud.co...blazy-style-wip

At least I see you've got some decent ability! Can't wait to see what you can come up with with your keyboard.

• Thumbs Up 1

Non-Sonic/Non-SEGA you mean? Or just being allowed to use songs from any given SEGA game instead of simply Sonic?

I mean a song with nothing to do with either Sonic or any Sega game. I want to remix Bullet Station for the album, but until recently I had no idea what I'd do with it. And I've decided that I want to remix it with Izzy Glow's theme from Megaman X5. Is that acceptable?

At least I see you've got some decent ability! Can't wait to see what you can come up with with your keyboard.

Hey, thanks! I've never really made music before, so it turning out this well is surprising to me. I'm a bit young, and I only got into music producing lately, so this is my first real stab at it. I can't guarantee I'll be any good with a keyboard, but the possibilities are endless. I'm willing to do anything to be part of the collab. happy.png

Of course, I don't even have a MIDI cable for that keyboard yet, so...

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey, thanks! I've never really made music before, so it turning out this well is surprising to me. I'm a bit young, and I only got into music producing lately, so this is my first real stab at it. I can't guarantee I'll be any good with a keyboard, but the possibilities are endless. I'm willing to do anything to be part of the collab. happy.png

Of course, I don't even have a MIDI cable for that keyboard yet, so...

I wish you the best of luck man and I hope to see an entry from you for the future album. MIDI cables are really inexpensive too! Once again, I wish you the best of luck biggrin.png

So I'm still working on my Back 2 Back remix. I want to make sure it sounds good, but I'm having trouble finding anyone more skillful to provide feedback for it, which is a real drag. Man, I can't wait for the TSS 2012 Album thread to open. No really, I wish it were open right now. I want to submit the my future finished songs and works in progress and hear what other people are working on, and that thread would really be the best place for it. I already have a great idea for an interlude that I'm surprised no one thought of, but it'll require me knowing how to compose things out of more than just premade samples. Hopefully I'll be able to start practicing in the near future.

So I'm still working on my Back 2 Back remix. I want to make sure it sounds good, but I'm having trouble finding anyone more skillful to provide feedback for it, which is a real drag. Man, I can't wait for the TSS 2012 Album thread to open. No really, I wish it were open right now. I want to submit the my future finished songs and works in progress and hear what other people are working on, and that thread would really be the best place for it. I already have a great idea for an interlude that I'm surprised no one thought of, but it'll require me knowing how to compose things out of more than just premade samples. Hopefully I'll be able to start practicing in the near future.

I will give you feedback if you really want it. Inbox me a link to this mix please and I will give the best advice I can ^_^

I will give you feedback if you really want it. Inbox me a link to this mix please and I will give the best advice I can happy.png

Appreciate it, but I got feedback from DJ Ear already. It's apparently not different enough from the original, and he's right. I've never really made music in any way before though, so it turned out so similar because I wasn't really going anywhere with it. Just starting off simple, I guess. It's left me thinking where I should really start in terms of music, since this probably isn't it. Still, I'm gonna keep tinkering with it with his feedback in mind, and see what I can do to make it better. The WIP is still there at my SoundCloud if you still want to hear it, just search KatamariParadox.

Appreciate it, but I got feedback from DJ Ear already. It's apparently not different enough from the original, and he's right. I've never really made music in any way before though, so it turned out so similar because I wasn't really going anywhere with it. Just starting off simple, I guess. It's left me thinking where I should really start in terms of music, since this probably isn't it. Still, I'm gonna keep tinkering with it with his feedback in mind, and see what I can do to make it better. The WIP is still there at my SoundCloud if you still want to hear it, just search KatamariParadox.

I can't really give you any advice in this field without coming off as one of the cheesiest people you'll meet, but I like to think of remixes as a personal experience and something you have to give your all into each time.

When I had Green Hill arranged on the piano and done like any other piece done by ear, I thought it was pretty good on my part. Then I took on a few more pieces, then bam. It hit me. I didn't want to do just arrangements. I wanted to do something different, going with an original approach: my approach. Plenty of hours dedicated into giving the Green Hill theme my own personal feel, making it my own song, formed Checkered Emerald Path.

Point is, when you remix a song, it has to be one that you either a) are really fond of and/or cool.png would be entirely committed to changing. It makes the experience all the more gratifying. You don't want to just take a song and remake something similar sounding: make it sound new, make it sound like it's yours. You have to put your heart into it and have plenty of fun out of it, or at least when it is complete. XD Don't be afraid to change it radically! Remixes are meant to be radical! It's not just "Song A" with the remake "Song A remake", it's gotta be "Song A" turned into "KatamariParadox's Song"!

• Thumbs Up 3

I can't really give you any advice in this field without coming off as one of the cheesiest people you'll meet, but I like to think of remixes as a personal experience and something you have to give your all into each time.

When I had Green Hill arranged on the piano and done like any other piece done by ear, I thought it was pretty good on my part. Then I took on a few more pieces, then bam. It hit me. I didn't want to do just arrangements. I wanted to do something different, going with an original approach: my approach. Plenty of hours dedicated into giving the Green Hill theme my own personal feel, making it my own song, formed Checkered Emerald Path.

Point is, when you remix a song, it has to be one that you either a) are really fond of and/or cool.png would be entirely committed to changing. It makes the experience all the more gratifying. You don't want to just take a song and remake something similar sounding: make it sound new, make it sound like it's yours. You have to put your heart into it and have plenty of fun out of it, or at least when it is complete. XD Don't be afraid to change it radically! Remixes are meant to be radical! It's not just "Song A" with the remake "Song A remake", it's gotta be "Song A" turned into "KatamariParadox's Song"!

Wow, thank you! I think I've narrowed down the biggest limiting factor for me; I don't inherently have a very good imagination, so thinking of interesting and creative ways to make something my own is something I'll need to develop for myself. You're very right though, I can't limit myself. I'll put in whatever I want and change it up! ...or down... or all around...

• Thumbs Up 2

Wow, thank you! I think I've narrowed down the biggest limiting factor for me; I don't inherently have a very good imagination, so thinking of interesting and creative ways to make something my own is something I'll need to develop for myself. You're very right though, I can't limit myself. I'll put in whatever I want and change it up! ...or down... or all around...

That's not it at all. XD It's like you said: you're just starting out, right? I'm sure you got a very good imagination, and there's nothing limiting you when it comes to music. That's the beauty of it all: there's practically no limits whatsoever.

The main focus is to apply your imagination into your music! That's all there is, and you'll only develop further from there!

• Thumbs Up 1

That's not it at all. XD It's like you said: you're just starting out, right? I'm sure you got a very good imagination, and there's nothing limiting you when it comes to music. That's the beauty of it all: there's practically no limits whatsoever.

The main focus is to apply your imagination into your music! That's all there is, and you'll only develop further from there!

+1 Internets for this man right here. Bravo.
  • Thumbs Up 2