Awoo.

Running in the 90's

batson

90's was the best decade of my life.

I travelled fairly extensively abroad, to places like Morocco in 1995 and Egypt in 1999 (I went back to Egypt in 2009) and had some pretty damn incredible experiences such as going to Chefchaouen whilst mountain trekking through the Rif mountains and being able to drink the water surging through them because it was so pure (I was 7 at the time too!) and the Valley of the Kings and the Valley of the Queens as well as Luxor Temple in Egypt.

Not to mention I discovered Sonic in 1994 biggrin.png I was an obsessive AoStH and SatAM viewer back in those days, SatAM in particular holding great sway over my imagination. I still remember vividly getting A Master System and Mega Drive, the Mega Drive coming with Sonic the Comic issues. Then the Playstation satisfied me during "The Dark Ages" when Sonic was practically dead around 1997'ish. Still remember completing the first two Spyro games 100%. I also became an obsessive Pokemon fan circa 1998. Still remember getting up on Christmas morning, trying on a new coat that my parents bought me, being told to look in the pockets and finding Pokemon Red in one pocket and Pokemon Blue in the other XD

You actually had GOOD CARTOONS on TV, Saturday night television was something to seriously look forward to with programs like Gladiators and Blind Date. I remember being taken out on Saturdays every two weeks by my father and going to the cinema or museum etc. Still fondly remember going to a soft indoor play center in Yardley Wood called "Rough and Tumble" and staying at my paternal grandmother's for the weekend.

Yeah the 90's were mirred by being subjected to negligent medical treatment year upon year but that was only a mild drawback compared to how otherwise awesome the 90's were to me.

On the highlighted, someone should make a "Dark Ages" topic for the older Sonic fans on what they were doing during the 97-98 period where Sonic was gone.

But that was basically my experiences, except I discovered Sonic on the Fall of 1993, right when the first Sonic maina took off.

HELL YES THE 90s.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Ironically, it was only later around 2003 did I get and started playing some of the other Genesis Sonic games (Sonic 3&K, Sonic Spinball, Sonic R, and only a few times Sonic CD).

McDonalds Happy Meals.

Cartoon Cartoons / Hanna-Barbera / Warner Bros. (Dexter's Lab, 2 Stupid Dogs/Secret Squirrel, Cow and Chicken/I Am Weasel, Courage, PPG, Johnny Bravo, Ed, Edd, and Eddy, Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry, Scooby-Doo, The Smurfs, Superman: TAS, Space Jam, Batman: TAS, Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, Taz-Mania, Batman Beyond, Tom and Jerry Kids, Captain Planet, SWAT Kats).

Nickelodeon (Rugrats, Ren and Stimpy, Aaaah! Real Monsters, All That, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, Kenan and Kel, The Angry Beavers, Rocket Power, The Wild Thornberrys).

Rare (Diddy Kong Racing, GoldenEye 007)

Humonguos Entertainment (Spy Fox in: Dry Cereal, Backyard Baseball, Backyard Soccer)

Frogger: He's Back!

Wheel Of Fortune (not sure, I think it was the 1994 edition)

RollerCoaster Tycoon

Family Matters.

Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

Power Rangers.

Disney Renaissance (The Lion King, Poachontus, Beauty and the Beast, Toy Story, Winnie the Pooh)

Just some 90s things I remember. :D

Quite interestingly, in terms of Sonic it was only around 2003/2004 was I aware of post-1999 Sonic and the post-1999 Sonic games. It was like I was stuck in a "time capsule" of sorts. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

41787_45379823253_284_n.jpg

1933941_med.png

charmander.jpg

THE 90s WERE AWESOME

WONDER BALLS! The candy every kid wanted! I remember going shopping with my parents and their sitting at the checkout counter was a Wonder Ball. You could crack them open and eat all the little candies shaped like Disney character inside. It also came with a sticker or a tattoo.

Remember the hard candies would glow in your mouth or leave and imprint on your tongue? Then there were the normal ones which I always seemed to get.

It had a catchy commercial too. What's in a Wonder Ball? Wonder, wonder, wonder, wonder, wonder- What's in a Wonder Ball!?

I remember nearly all of this stuff, I feel old. (Except for the SEGA Ads.)

Edited by Deadpool (Is Cool)

One of the most underrated candy ever known in the 90's (practically chewed and lived off this stuff)

Hubba%20Bubba%20Bubble%20Jug.jpg

Wait....that isn't a drink is it? I distinctly remember that they used to sell cans of this Hubba Bubba fizzy pop. The flavor was incomparable, kinda like a sour-y bubblegum flavor.

Hubba-Bubba-Soda.jpg

I remember drinking this stuff in the 90's but I've never seen it since.

FFFF, the Nostalgia disease is kicking in again!

Yeah, I was born in the beginning of 1988. Thanks to my older brother, he introduced me into Sonic when he had his Genesis and gave me his Game Boy, y'know, the original brick with the green screen.

Aside from all the things pretty much mentioned, I also recall this soda drink that was later discontinued in 2003. Never really drank it, I just remember it being in adds all the time and then it vanished.

27836820006_large.jpg

Pokemon and Beetleborgs.

Well crap, someone else knows about Beetleborgs. Used to watch that with my friend all the time.

All these pictures of 90's kid-oriented products remind me of yet another reason to love the decade; simply the standard aestethic of "kid culture" at the time. More precisely, the go-to style for kids pop culture at the time were bright neon colors, lots of fun details (as opposed to the usually less detailed, more stylized look of for instance most modern day cartoons), and an unashamed emphasis on "icky" and "nasty" stuff like slime, snot, "toxic waste" and other "gross" stuff of the kind children tend find so enticing. Really, just look at these beautful, wonderfull, X-treme-to-the-max Toxic Crusaders toys from 1992 (oh but on a side not "Pollution is for pansies" was not actually the franchises tagline... it was "They're gross, but they still get girls" :P)

5643254087_0a9eabc69f_b.jpg

Speaking of the 90s...

dexter27slaboratorytitl.jpg

I've been watching repeats of Dexter's Laboratory.

I feel stupid, I had forgotten how brilliant it was. And it still makes me laugh watching them again to this day. smile.png

• Thumbs Up 1

All these pictures of 90's kid-oriented products remind me of yet another reason to love the decade; simply the standard aestethic of "kid culture" at the time. More precisely, the go-to style for kids pop culture at the time were bright neon colors, lots of fun details (as opposed to the usually less detailed, more stylized look of for instance most modern day cartoons), and an unashamed emphasis on "icky" and "nasty" stuff like slime, snot, "toxic waste" and other "gross" stuff of the kind children tend find so enticing. Really, just look at these beautful, wonderfull, X-treme-to-the-max Toxic Crusaders toys from 1992 (oh but on a side not "Pollution is for pansies" was not actually the franchises tagline... it was "They're gross, but they still get girls" tongue.png)

5643254087_0a9eabc69f_b.jpg

Ah, how I long for the days when PG-13-R rated movies would get animated adaptions for Saturday morning cartoons.

• Thumbs Up 2

All these pictures of 90's kid-oriented products remind me of yet another reason to love the decade; simply the standard aestethic of "kid culture" at the time. More precisely, the go-to style for kids pop culture at the time were bright neon colors, lots of fun details (as opposed to the usually less detailed, more stylized look of for instance most modern day cartoons), and an unashamed emphasis on "icky" and "nasty" stuff like slime, snot, "toxic waste" and other "gross" stuff of the kind children tend find so enticing.

I remember getting dreamed of getting slime for two years. I finally did in 4th Grade when Nick actually came to our school and slimed us all. It was fuuuun!

Being a trans-chronological 90's-'00's kid makes me hate Real Is Brown even more.

The 90s practically defined my childhood. To me it represented the care-free days that was filled with so much fun. It was when famous game franchises were duking it out to see who to up one another the most which spread to their respective consoles trying to outdo each other technology-wise. It was also when TV Networks had an identity for themselves and were proud of it. If you were a kid, getting up to watch those Saturday morning cartoons was a must. The cartoons were really good back then too and even got away some subtle things (Animaniacs being an example) that flew over the kids heads but would humor the adults. Little things like those is what made the cartoons enjoyable by both kids and adults.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'll be honest, there's little I can say that well, someone else hasn't. Tell you what though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4fp2VJ9nqc

<3 I miss DS9, really need to rewatch it. Used to watch with mum (Along with Voyage, but that had less cool battles). Granted my step-dad generally hates Sci-fi so after a while I didn't get to watch Trek :C!

Also Crash Bandicoot was there too. And Sonic the Comic! <3

I was born in 1989, so I experienced everything. Fuckin'.EVERYTHING. The 90's were certainly awesome, and despite possible nostalgic interference, I'm hard pressed to find many television shows as awesome as the ones in the 90's. Of course, it was also the time of gaming Renaissance, with the lovely SNES, Genesis, N64, and PSX.

I was born in the year 90 so I am the 90s.

Growing up with my Snes and still finding time to play my cousins Genesis and getting into the Sonic series for the first time. From listening and loving musc from that time to saturday morning cartoons and then to the DBZ fad I loved it all.

I was born in 1992, so I got to experience what the nineties had to offer, in the later years more so. I have fond memories watching great shows on Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, PBS, and a few other networks. The Genesis/MegaDrive was my main gaming machine, but I was still too young to be part of the "Mario vs. Sonic" debates that went on. Arcades at restaurants (like Fuddrucker's and "Circus Pizza" (now turned into "Chuck E. Cheese's"), for some local examples) were the bomb and Toys"R"Us was one of the best places to go.

Of course, reminising of the 90's gets a bit tricky when what your favorite thing from that era is everyone else's nightmare. Yes, I'm talking about this guy. (Yeah, that's right. Barney the Dinosaur)

Funny when I was little I apparently loved Barney, yet I can't remember watching it that much my mind must be repressing memories of enjoying. blink.png

Barney's one of those shows kids love but drive their parents nuts.

It was the original "kids show that drives parents nuts." XD And hey, while we were on the topic of the 90's, I thought I'd bring him up as something very fond to me during that era (and he still is). Anyway, looking back at another post, I also remember Wonderballs (and the catchy commercial).

It was the original "kids show that drives parents nuts." XD And hey, while we were on the topic of the 90's, I thought I'd bring him up as something very fond to me during that era (and he still is).

Barney is a pretty fond memory to me too. But in my case, that's because i remember the anti-Barney wave that swept the early internet during the 90's, where various "kill Barney" games seemed to be everywhere. I honestly dont have anything against the character, it's just that some of those games were really fun. :P

Probably like a lot of people here, I'm a 90s kid as well. Though I used to believe I was kinda "stuck" in the 90s, I think it's more over a majority of my interests spawn from that time period. I love a bunch of video games and series from this time, ska and swing-revival are among my top favorite genres of music, I still have a heart to want to skateboard (I should really get back into it, D;), and I'm a fan of many cartoons/movies/shows from the 90s as well.

While the 90s were great, I think the time eras are getting better honestly. Of course there's things I don't like past the 90s, but there's way too many advances in such a short period of time to really say "nawp, 90s win."