Awoo.

Conception: Please Deliver My Child! - 1. Knock up the Zodiac 2. Have space babies. 3. Save the world.

HunterTSF

You know that post in which I said I'd be only posting one obscure upcoming game of the week? I lied.

conception.png

Title: Conception: Please Deliver My Child!

Developer: Spike | Publisher: Spike

Platform: PlayStation Portable | Release Date: 26 April 2012 (JP), ??? (NA), ??? (EU)

Conception: Please Deliver My Child! is an upcoming JRPG being developed by Spike for the PSP that's all about making babies. Space babies. TO SAVE THE WORLD! I'm not even going to try to rationalize this in my own words, so I'll let the nice ol' Spencer of Siliconera do that for me.

The story begins with Itsuki and his cousin who also happens to be his childhood friend, Mahiru, on their high school graduation day. Mahiru pulls Itsuki aside for a shocking confession. "I’m pregnant…," she says and suddenly a gate of light transports both of them to Granvania. This magical world has a crisis with disorder in the stars. Itsuki becomes Granvania’s hope because he can meet with the twelve star maidens to conceive star children. Once he completes his quest he can return home.

But, he has to build a relationship with the twelve girls first. That’s where the player comes in, but Conception: Please Deliver My Child!! is not an eroge game. The game has stardust labyrinths to explore with "impurities" to fight. You fight these creatures with your star children. Details about the battle system have not been revealed, but Famitsu hints position will play an important role.

(Source)

From the looks of things, the game looks very Shin Megami Tensei-esque in gameplay. Except, you know. With more space babies. The dungeons are immensely trippy and the monsters are equally bizarre. Aside from that, the social system with the Star Maidens looks equally as fleshed out.

Overall, it looks great! But given the game's subject matter I'd say the odds of this getting localized are slim to none. One can still hope, though.

SPACE BABIES.

that being said the concept is still freaking weird

Edited by HunterTDF

So basically this teenager must fuck twelve teenage girls without protection, because only teen pregnancy can SAVE THE WORLD.

Um...they are teenagers right? I can't tell with Japanese cartoon style. Some of those girls look underage...and maybe two of them look like they've celebrated their eighteenth birthday. Now, I'm not gonna go up on a soap box, because I played Leisure Suit Larry and loved the series (but not the revival, GOD NO!), but I'm pretty sure Larry never set his objective to become a deadbeat dad to a dozen lolicons.

My point? Yeah, I agree that the odds of localisation are approximately "fuck no".

EDIT: Speaking of Japanese cartoons, why is there a flat-chested girl in the middle of the box art? Is this some kind of artificial insemination girl-power affair? Yes, I'm joking.

Edited by Grumpy Old Guy
  • Thumbs Up 1

Actually, none of the Star Maidens are underage. They're all personifications of the Zodiac, placing them at millions upon millions of years old. Seeing as they're immortal beings, they just don't look it.

Take Arie, Taura, and the Gemini Sisters, for example.

Well, that's one degree of wrongness removed.

More than half of them are still lolicon, which creeps me the hell out, but at least they're explicitly of consenting age and maturity.

You mean you guys don't regularly get sucked into other dimensions to make babies with personified beings to save the world?

Why just yesterday I was saving bird-kind by pigeon dating tactics. Then I went to a school for disabled children and made some loving in there. Dimensional baby-making is nothin'.

I'm dead on the inside...

• Thumbs Up 3

• 4 weeks later...

Awww, you guise need to look past how absurdly insane the concept of this venture is and look at the bright side. This game, from the looks of it, is essentially a Persona 3 with space babies and astrological horrors! Here, have some more trailers. Actual gameplay begins at 1:00 in.

From the looks of things, all of your Star Children assist you in combat by encircling the opponent and will cooperatively lay down the pain on the oversized aggressor with the protagonist's assistance.

Oh, and here's the game's opening! Which looks pretty awesome, if I do say so myself.

Despite the bizarre premise, it looks like this thing may shape up into being a good game! At the very least, the aesthetics look nice and the concept is original. :v

Edited by HunterTDF