Awoo.

Sonic's Hidden Secrets

Debug Ring

In Sonic Adventure, E-105 ζ, as clearly shown in this screenshot, is made up of Sega Dreamcasts around its base.

320px-E105.png

In the 1994 Sega Genesis game Mega Turrican, Sonic and Mario are in the VRAM tiles of the first stage and appear to have been cryogenically frozen, but are never actually used in-game. This was discovered by Sonic hacker and programmer TmEE of Sonic Retro back in 2009.

MegaTurricanMarioSonicVRAM.png

megaturricanmariosonics.png

In Sonic CD, there are two unused monitors (an "S" monitor and a Clock monitor, which both have no effect when destroying them) in a alcove underneath the area where you battle Dr. Eggman's EGG-HVC-001 in Palmtree Panic Zone 3. Enabling Debug Mode prior to entering the Zone is required to access them, as there is no other entry.

In Sonic the Hedgehog, there are invisible Japanese staff credits on the "Sonic Team Presents" screen. With the aid of a palette editor, one can invert the colour of the credits to make it visible.

SonicTeamCredits.PNG

Edited by Error
  • Thumbs Up 5

This secret screen from Sonic CD, it's an interesting montage. To activate it: FM42, PCM03, DA01.

fotos_secretas_2.gif

• 2 months later...

Sooo.... This 2 Are my Fav Glitches/Secrets..? xD

Both are from Sonic Adventure DX (i'm not a big fan of this Game... but... Well ^^) 

Edited by DJ Blazy

Shadow the hedgeohg actually had a few hells and damns removed, and thankfully, too.

'the hell' is still lip-synced in the finished product,  though isn't super-noticible

ShadowTH_Censorship1.jpg

Edited by Mysterics

I forgot the many Secret's in Sonic Adventure 2/Battle (My fav game)
I try'd all of them 2.. and theyre really work .. xD

Edited by DJ Blazy

• 6 months later...

Eggman's mustache is fake?!

Part 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk3gFN15hx4

This might not be a secret, but if you look at the walls here, you might find some familiar faces...

http://info.sonicretro.org/images/4/4d/Map_spaz41.png

Sonic 2 GG/MS also did stuff this a few times, both possibly riding off how there's a bundle of rings in the first Special Stage of Sonic 1 MS/GG that spells out SEGA.

http://info.sonicretro.org/images/2/2f/S2_8bit_shz1_map.png

http://info.sonicretro.org/images/8/89/S2_8bit_ghz1_map.png

The only two instances I know of, where the word (name?) TOM is spelt out both on the last part of Sky High Act 1 and the first hill of Green Hills Act 1, with Sky High sharing the word END just underneath TOM and lettered downwards.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm sorry, can someone confirm that please? >.< I've never heard of that.

sonic_cd_creepy_hidden_message_by_caten_

Edited by GuywithPie3376

I've never seen that before, that's cool. Is it possible to see that in-game or can you only see it by checking out the full map

The Eggman face is fully visible if you jump at a certain time, Sonic probably impossible.

How... THE HELL COULD SOMEONE FIND THAT!?

Seriously, this is coming from someone whose favourite Sonic 2 level is Aquatic Ruin as well. That is so awesome.

Found it on accident.

Edited by SonicDude

Wait, no one's mentioned the extra music from Sonic 3?

Also, does anybody else know all the secret tunnels in Sonic 2's EHZ?

I'll leave this here, as it has other stuff, too.

Edited by InfinityAlex
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ha, that's really neat! I've never heard that before, but there's very little reason to just leave the game running on that screen for so long. Is it a separate sound in the sound test? Or is the file select song just really, really long to begin with?

It was supposedly found with integers. It also works in compilations, too. I left my DS running S3&K in Classic Collection for roughly 47 minutes (naturally I did something else while waiting) and the same thing happened. I assume it wouldn't happen in the sound test; the song isn't really long, it's just looped until a certain point and then the extra instrument is added. That's my bet, anyway.

Sorry for the bump and double post, but I remembered another one. When playing the original Sonic Rush, if you tap Sonic or Blaze with the stylus they react in different ways. Blaze's animation if particularly funny and cute.

sonic_cd_creepy_hidden_message_by_caten_

It definitely says "Endless Fun - Sega Enterprises". The letter used for "ji" in "majin" at the bottom right corner is unusual, but - unless there's a deeper meaning involved - I'd say it means something like "demonic picture" (majin e).

Also, did nobody ever notice, that you can accelerate the formation of a big bubble in the (2D) underwater levels by ducking above of the little sprouting bubbles?

Edited by Kat

Labyrinth just became much easier.

Also, that pic supposedly says "Fun is infinite with SEGA Enterprises", though it's supposedly signed by the devil. Service Games' way of scaring pirates? Maybe.

Sorry for the bump and double post, but I remembered another one. When playing the original Sonic Rush, if you tap Sonic or Blaze with the stylus they react in different ways. Blaze's animation if particularly funny and cute.

Oh yeah, I think I remember doing something like that. =D

Wow, never knew about that extra music in the game. Though like someone else pointed out, unless you just ended up leaving the game running and leaving to do something and coming back later, its unlikely that many people would ever discover the secret.

Most of these I've heard of before, but that one is new to me.