Awoo.

Sonic and the Unexpected Themes

Chaos Walker

The storybook series, in my opinion, was a pretty cool idea. If you have more than one team around, eh, why not? Take a setting the characters have no business being in, say "screw the cannon", and shove them all in. It's like a fan-fic for the developers. But it didn't just have to be story books, Sonic could have gone to any number of wierd settings. Where/when would you put Sonic? Don't feel like you have to be limited by giving Sonic a reason to be there. He can be running by a different name like the other storybook characters if you like.

I would want to take him into space. Not like Mario Galaxy, but with space ships/stations and the like. I'd like to keep planets as uninvolved as possible, with the levels all being large mechanical constructs. This would take a little creativity to make diversity, but it's possible. For example: Lv1-Generic Spaceship. Lv2-Techno City inside a dome. Lv3-Abandoned Ghostly Spacestation. etc. And if the game had any gimic, I suppose it would be the ability to carry items in an inventory for puzzles. The settings here are more conducive to enclosed areas, so I feel some minor puzzles would be appropriate.

Just made this all up on the spot. So, how about you guys?

Edited by Chaos Walker

"Sonic and the Tales of the Crypt" -The great Clement.

I liked the concept behind the storybook titles, but the execution of gameplay styles ruined it for me.

Sonic and the Immortal Giants- Greek Mythology based Story. Imagine Amy as Hera and Sonic as Zeus. That aside I think it could make for some interesting level themes like a mount Olympus climb or an underworld hellhole maybe even a Cloud platform based level (not like Sky Sanctuary though)

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic and the Immortal Giants- Greek Mythology based Story. Imagine Amy as Hera and Sonic as Zeus. That aside I think it could make for some interesting level themes like a mount Olympus climb or an underworld hellhole maybe even a Cloud platform based level (not like Sky Sanctuary though)

I definitely think that something like Greek Mythology would be a great idea. Especially with the settings like Mount Olympus and the Underworld, it would look absolutely beautiful. Plus, each character must have a Greek god that fits to their personality, like Knuckles being Ares and Eggman being Hades.

Though, Sonic would better fit at Hermes than Zeus. The fastest and most athletic god, after all!

• Thumbs Up 2

What about Norse mythology?

"Sonic and the Tree of Life"

pffffffffff...

You know, when I saw this I started to think of this idea of this game, where sonic can run through and explore all the parks of Disney world. Then again, I just got back from Disney so I pretty much came up with this idea on the spot.

Edited by Dark Energon Johnny
  • Thumbs Up 1

I definitely think that something like Greek Mythology would be a great idea. Especially with the settings like Mount Olympus and the Underworld, it would look absolutely beautiful. Plus, each character must have a Greek god that fits to their personality, like Knuckles being Ares and Eggman being Hades.

Though, Sonic would better fit at Hermes than Zeus. The fastest and most athletic god, after all!

Thats not a bad idea. Shadow would be Zeus (Well he can throw lightings already and he is overpowered)

Blaze would be Athena (Wisdom and stuff)

Rouge would be Venus (No comment)

Silver would be Chronos (Time and stuff)

.... But you know what would be most funny thing? The fact that Marine would be Neptune......

Edited by HUNTER297

Sonic in Wonderland biggrin.png

He can be in a wonderland that has been twisted by a dark force so levels will have that insane look to them (imagine a miniature Sonic racing across the madhatter's table with tea cups and cakes that can be used to traverse the level ). Sonic will face characters like the mad-hatter, the cheshire cat, the knave of hearts, and the Jabberwocky.

I don't know that is something I would like to see. happy.png

"The Phantom Tollbooth". Irnoically, this would obviously make Tails the main character and featuring Sonic the Watchhog (Watchog?)

Maybe then they could have story that actually makes thematic sense in one of these.