Awoo.

Pokemon Black & White 2 [DS]

PSI Wind

corocoromelo.jpg

The cover has been leaked(well a piece of it anyway) and you can kind of see the new trainers on it and a new form of Meloetta(Zoom in on the pic).

Edited by Torcano Havoc

Digging the cartoony Alder, if that is him. Guess he's playing a major role in the sequel.

And the supposed trainers look well into their teenage years. Possibly 15-17 years old. Pretty neat.

About the cactus-owl thing, I can fully confirm that the scans are fake. Creator freely admits it:

http://www.serebiifo...88#post14403488

And he's not lying about making it, he even posted the image file that he printed out:

http://i43.tinypic.com/2v0e79i.png

So yes, now it's fully confirmed that the cactus-owl and the platypus is fake.

EDIT: And for clarification, I am NOT talking about the corocoro scans. Those are real :P

Edited by Chaos Rush

It seems like Game Freak really, really wants to make some kind of over-the-top hairdressing game. They're crying for help, you guys.

• Thumbs Up 2

Now the male trainer is getting in on the ridiculous hair with the sequel. Dear Lord. Anyway, frozen wasteland Unova is good times. Also, I commend them in having new Gym Leaders in order to make it really feel like a sequel rather than just a Gray version.

Edited by Crow T. Robot

What the hell! They took her legs away!

Seriously, as a whole, I'm not very impressed. I don't mean to be a downer, since I really was looking forward to it, but ugh, it just seems blah to me. With this info, it really sounds like a "Gray" version, and not really a full on sequel.

I'm interested in that chick with the guitar. I wonder what role she'll have.

And these protagonists are really out there.

You guys are focusing on the male PC, and not the guy who has practically made a blue halo out of his hair?

EDIT:

@Tom

To me it looks like he has blonde hair, but has part of it dyed blue and wrapped around his head in a circle.

Edited by Ekaje

You guys are focusing on the male PC, and not the guy who has practically made a blue halo out of his hair?

He has blonde hair, so it's more that the blue halo is a crown of sorts that connects to the back of his coat.

I wonder what role that guy's going to play. The professor, or the antagonist?

The guitar the girl is holding is modeled after a Scolipede, so it's likely she's the Poison-type Gym Leader. We haven't seen Poison types as the gym theme since Gen I, so good to see that's coming back. Just needs a Dark-type gym.

Edited by Modern Tom

Okay now the hair is getting ridiculous. Aside from that everything sounds okay so far.

What the hell! They took her legs away!

Seriously, as a whole, I'm not very impressed. I don't mean to be a downer, since I really was looking forward to it, but ugh, it just seems blah to me. With this info, it really sounds like a "Gray" version, and not really a full on sequel.

Eh, I disagree. Different gym leaders, different rival, different plot, etc.

It seems like a pretty good middle ground between a third version and an independent game, to me.

• Thumbs Up 2

At the very least it looks like they're more committed to the "region freezing over" concept than they were in Platinum, where they took it as far as giving Dawn a coat and then gave up.

I don't like the look of the male PC. The rival looks like he would have been a better PC to me.

Interested to see how they handle the BW2 stuff in the anime. I want Ash to suddenly grow that monstrous pile of hair out of his hat. laugh.png

A lot of the other music in BW was the raddest music in the series in a long time, so I have high hopes.

• Thumbs Up 4

I wonder whether or not the frozen parts of Unova will be accessible to the player, or if it will just serve as a barricade.

A lot of the other music in BW was the raddest music in the series in a long time, so I have high hopes.

Oh don't get me wrong, I love the music in black and white, even the champion theme was alright. The rival theme was a whole different story for me though.

I wonder whether or not the frozen parts of Unova will be accessible to the player, or if it will just serve as a barricade.

That would be a bit repetitive and lame =/

It's unlikely, it would probably just mean areas you remember from the first game might be totally unrecognizable.

Dear christ the male PC's a fucking Chia Pet!

As for how this sequels being played out, lets see.

We have new PCs, new Gym leaders, new rival, but same region. Pretty unique take actually, though of all the things to stay the same, the region was probably the only thing I would've wanted to change the most, as IMO, that was the worst part of the game.

As for this taking place 2 years after BW, I'm still wondering what the actual plot is gonna be, and how it may potentially affect the first game.

Probably the best news is that there are 300 Pokemon available. Hopefully some more worthwhile ones this time around.

EDIT:

Within the new Unova Pokédex, which contains a combination of old and new Pokémon, Psyduck is #026, Riolu is #033 and Metagross is #254

Right off the bat 2 good oldbies, and seems Eevee is also among those returning. Been a while since I used an Eeveelution..... in fact I hadn't used one in a main team since Gen 1. Looking promising so far.

Edited by Rusty Pete

It has also been confirmed that Black Kyurem will know the move Freeze Shock and that White Kyurem knows the move Ice Burn.

Within the new Unova Pokédex, which contains a combination of old and new Pokémon, Psyduck is #026, Riolu is #033 and Metagross is #254

That solves the mystery of the two attacks in the coding of Black and White. Kinda expected, but I'm a little sad that Kyurem in his base form can't get both attacks. :P

And unlike the Platinum Pokedex, which slapped the newly-included Pokemon such as Tangrowth and Absol at the tail end of the Pokedex, the new Pokemon are spread across the Pokedex. In Black and White, the numerical order of the Pokemon roughly corresponded with when you would meet the Pokemon in the wild, with Emolga, Audino, and Larvesta as the exceptions; if Black and White 2 follow the same method, we'll be able to acquire Riolus pretty early (perhaps from an egg?), and Metagross (and by extension, Beldum) way late in the game.