Awoo.

Pokemon Black & White 2 [DS]

PSI Wind

All the new character designs look like ass.

But then if you're playing Pokémon for the characters you're doing it wrong.

Do Pokémon not count as characters? :P

Eh, I think the girl looks a lot worse than the boy. And the rival looks like a huge prat.

The scans also say that the Poison-type Rocker Gym Leader will appear in the anime in June.

The scans also say that the Poison-type Rocker Gym Leader will appear in the anime in June.

That's pretty fast if you ask me.

How far are they in Unova anime wise anyways?

Ash is near his seventh gym battle. Which intrigues me since they are going this fast and BW2 is still in Unova. With not many other possible paths to take wonder what they will use to fill the void. yeah I know that plasma has had hardly any coverage and that this new game has a battle frontier but I guess we will see.

Edited by Team Chaotix

Upcoming episodes on Serebii show Twist Mountain, Icirrus as the next locations(Japan)...

So about 1/2 months between 7th gym battle and meeting the new gym leader? It all depends on how she introduced, then, in that case, whether as a gym leader, or however they'd introduce her... Doesn't seem like too much of a stretch though, depending on how many episodes air a week

Oh, cool, the sprites for the regular trainers have their very own animations, finally. I'm loving the water gym gimmick too.

And I would not mind at all if the music at the beginning of the trailer turns out to be the beginning of battle theme for Black/White Kurem. It sounds deep.

New trainers but set in the same Region? Ok that was predictable. But new gym leaders? are they replacements for other gym leaders or 2 new ones added on?

Does the map look any different from the last game?

And wheres the previous main characters? is he going to pull a Red and just disappear until the end where you have to face him/her as a final battle?

Eevee was wild in the Trophy Garden as well.

Sure, post-game, but there you go.

And Absol once again makes the cut for being included in a Pokedex expansion. They sure want to play it's "Disaster" moniker to the fullest.

Does the map look any different from the last game?

This is a map of Unova in Black/White.

800px-Unova_alt.png

This is a map of the New Unova region.

img_story_00.jpg

1. The construction going through the desert connecting Castellia City to Nimbasa City is complete. There seems to be buildings with a very large one towards Nimbasa.

2. The Large white mountain to the right of the Extralink now has an area carved into its peak.

3. The moat around the Entralink has dissapeared and the Entree is either gone or very small. The bridges connecting to it in the center are now also gone.

4. Challengers cave is missing

5. The Cold storage seems to have been replaced with a large building, and the area to its left and upper left seems to resemble large holes.

6. The Unity tower is now visible on the map

7. The Lighthouse to the right of Driftveil city is now gone. It was useless and did nothing originally but perhaps now it is possible to surf the area it blocked?

Edited by STrainer
  • Thumbs Up 2

Since they're bringing evee back I hope we get a new Eveeloution that would be cool. Anyway I wasn't really looking forward to B&W2 since I already caught almost all the pokemon I wanted in Unova but now they are adding old pokemon, new gym leaders, and characters makes me excited for a pokemon game for once.

It's nice to see that the regular trainers have animations. About time in that regard.

This is a map of Unova in Black/White.

*Maps and info*

So, this game is shorter then the last one because of the frozen areas?

There's no word on how long the game is going to be. We might very well be traveling into some of the frozen areas at some point.

So, this game is shorter then the last one because of the frozen areas?

I believe the ice is just there to hide secrets that GameFreak is not ready to reveal yet.

Kind of like the clouds on the Sonic 4 Episode 2 World Map on the US site.

I'm really starting to like all that hair on the male protag, especially how it looks on his tiny sprite form. Just looks cool mang.

*hides*

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'm really starting to like all that hair on the male protag, especially how it looks on his tiny sprite form. Just looks cool mang.

*hides*

You know what? Its starting to grow on me too.

It makes me wanna believe he's secretly a gambler who is a chain smoker and has an alcohol addiction. Seriously he has his poker face on.

I can say one thing for sure, our little Rooftree finally became a man (or teenager which will eventually become a man).

Additionally to the trailers, Japan's getting some new C-gear with Virizion and Terrakian but they don't look too interesting to me.

Wait. Notice the starting town of the first game is frozen over (can't remember the name).

The previous protagonists + local professor all died.

In all seriousness, it just hit me that since half the region is frozen, there's hope the new areas will be more interesting, and hopefully the rest of the region flows better than before.

Do Pokémon not count as characters? tongue.png

I like to see the game as having 600+ different characters. Guess that's why I always try different teams in each game.

Edited by Rusty Pete

Picking the female protagonist, because that's how I roll.

Goddamn it gamefreak, just when I think I'm out, they pull me right back in. Let's hope Unova isn't as linear this time around, and they actually add something interesting for post game to do, because Back/White bored the shit out of me after the main campaign; Heartgold/SoulSilver and Platinum had Gym Leader rematches, in addition to the Battle Frontier so what the eff?

Also, it looks like the two new Gym Leaders are the replacing the Stritaton Trio and Lenora as the first Gym Leaders fought...Makes you wonder what became of them.

Hey wait, if non Unova Pokemon are apart of this regional dex, this means that the Gym Leaders are probably going to be incorporating Pokemon from the past generations onto their teams......oh shit.

• Thumbs Up 2