Awoo.

Pokemon Black & White 2 [DS]

PSI Wind

Goddamn it gamefreak, just when I think I'm out, they pull me right back in. Let's hope Unova isn't as linear this time around, and they actually add something interesting for post game to do, because Back/White bored the shit out of me after the main campaign; Heartgold/SoulSilver and Platinum had Gym Leader rematches, in addition to the Battle Frontier so what the eff?

Edited by Modern Tom
  • Thumbs Up 2

That's how Game Freak's been rolling ever since R/S

First pair of games in a generation: Get all the basic stuff in. Include hardly anything for a post-game. People buy the games for the "ZOMG NEW POKEMON" factor

Second pair of games: Do something very unexpected. Gen III brought RBG remakes, Gen IV brought HGSS remakes when everyone thought it was a one time thing and would be unneeded, and GEN V brought sequels when people were EXPECTING remakes at this point. The unexpected stuff entices people to buy.

Standalone game: Tweak the plot a little, up the ante in post-game content. Emerald brought the Battle Frontier, Platinum brought the Battle Frontier again, and challenging rematches with the rival and Gym Leaders.

It all follows a basic formula.

I dunno, a third version seems kind of redundant after this, this game is already going to be expanding on what the originals gave us and then some so what need would we have for a third version? I'm glad they're breaking away from tradition a bit by doing this, but I'm pretty sure this the third version but in name only.

Well, if there was a third version, then they may as well weave BW and BW2 into a cohesive storyline, dontcha think, guys?

Does anyone else get the feeling that the whole ice thing is just there as an effect, and that its merely there to hide a few parts of the map. I know it sounds a bit weird and useless but think about the evidence we have, the biggest of which being that this so called ice has zero effect on the actual seasons in the game, and if you look closely you can notice a few things such as a bit of red and blue to the north east of Village Bridge, and one or two islands in Undella Bay, implying that more has been added to the game along with the other stuff here or there. Plus the Pokemon League is also caught beneath the ice, so unless it got moved to where the Entralink used to be or that area carved out of that currently unnamed mountain, than likely this ice will disappear at somepoint. Though I do speculate that it may tie in to the legendary encounter near the end of the game, seeing as the path around Unova actually ends just before you get to Lacunosa City, aka the city terrorized by Kyurem.

Though in other news, Im going to be the best super hero Neo-Unova has ever seen

• Thumbs Up 4

By the look of it, it probably is. There has to be more changes to the region that they want to hide right now.

I'm loving that poison gym leader and her gym gimmick. Sure, my Snivy will have its ass handed to it in there, but it will have serious fun while that's going on.

Does anyone else get the feeling that the whole ice thing is just there as an effect, and that its merely there to hide a few parts of the map. I know it sounds a bit weird and useless but think about the evidence we have, the biggest of which being that this so called ice has zero effect on the actual seasons in the game, and if you look closely you can notice a few things such as a bit of red and blue to the north east of Village Bridge, and one or two islands in Undella Bay, implying that more has been added to the game along with the other stuff here or there. Plus the Pokemon League is also caught beneath the ice, so unless it got moved to where the Entralink used to be or that area carved out of that currently unnamed mountain, than likely this ice will disappear at somepoint. Though I do speculate that it may tie in to the legendary encounter near the end of the game, seeing as the path around Unova actually ends just before you get to Lacunosa City, aka the city terrorized by Kyurem.

Though in other news, Im going to be the best super hero Neo-Unova has ever seen

Totally agree. Especially when you look around the bottom left of the ice-covered map, it appears to be a way of hiding things. Which I'm cool with. The fewer spoilers, the better :D

Denkimouse, someone who I personally met and has translated for and sent news to Bulbapedia, has stated that the official site says that the region is not all covered in ice, so there's that.

Also, if anyone's interested, Pokemon Smash is on in half an hour, so here's a Livestream. Apparently, Masuda will be on to show gameplay.

Edited by gunthər

Just a thought, GameFreak. How's about you make the bridges not utterly pointless and crap this time? I think three had feathers fall, one was the village bridge and the other, Sky Arrow, was Straight Line Zone: Pokémon Edition. Real waste of potential there.

I just use those bridges for space to hatch Pokemon eggs.

I have 45 level 1 Larvestas as a result of just going back and forth on that bridge to Castelia City for about an hour.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just a thought, GameFreak. How's about you make the bridges not utterly pointless and crap this time? I think three had feathers fall, one was the village bridge and the other, Sky Arrow, was Straight Line Zone: Pokémon Edition. Real waste of potential there.

Would you rather they fill the road with trainers every two feet making a road that takes seconds to cross take 15 minutes?

• Thumbs Up 1

I just use those bridges for space to hatch Pokemon eggs.

I have 45 level 1 Larvestas as a result of just going back and forth on that bridge to Castelia City for about an hour.

I believe its better to use the runway in Mistralton City since its a big loop to hatch eggs. Not to mention it lacks wild pokemon though there is that trainer who walks in the way every now and then but she can be avoided.

I hope they keep that since it helped me a lot.

Edited by Crow the BOOLET

I believe its better to use the runway in Mistralton City since its a big loop to hatch eggs. Not to mention it lacks wild pokemon though there is that trainer who walks in the way every now and then but she can be avoided.

The first bridge you walk on has no wild Pokemon on it; the first time Ducklett appear is on the bridge connecting Nimbasa City and Driftveil City.

The first bridge takes about 500 steps to go one way, I think. So biking back and forth is a good way to rack Egg steps.

FFF I missed pokemon Smash, does anyone have a link to the gameplay revealed in it?

Edited by STrainer

Looks good so far. I don't really mind using the same set of starters, as long as the Pokemon roster is different.

Apparently there are up to 300 Pokemon to catch before you actually get the National Dex, including wild Eevees, Riolus, and Beldums.

I like the rival, he seems like the first "badass" one since Blue and Silver; A minor peeve of mine is that the rivals from Gen 3 onward are too friendly, or at least seem the least antagonostic, which kind of kills the conflict between you two.

The Beldums should totally be found in Route 4, just to piss off everyone who's not carrying a Rock, Steel, or Ground type, or a Sand Rush Stoutland.

Comparison map:

6334992604f8a462ac7ecc.gif

After linearity, the other problem I had with Unova was how short the routes were. Only traversing Chargestone Cave and Twist Mountain felt satisying. I'd love to see them lengthened and expanded upon. Wellspring Cave could have been a lot more "pointful" too.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 3