PSI Wind

Pokemon Black & White 2 [DS]

I assume that new types haven't been added because the system works as well as GameFreak wants it to now, although when I think of everything else they've added, I do sometimes wonder why there aren't new types... Light-types always come up in a discussion like that, but I think the obvious choice would be Sound. There are so many sound-related moves and Pokemon that are right now just classed as Normal. Come to think of it, breaking up "Normal" would be another way of producing new types...

I wonder how many more gyms have been replaced in this game. And will you be able to fight the old leaders?

I hope we get an actual grass or fire type gym this time around.

Given that the World Tournament apparently lets you fight every previous gym leader and champion, I'd be surprised if they left out the previous Unova gym leaders. As to how many gyms have been replaced - at least three, and I wouldn't expect more than four. I'm also personally expecting Drayden and Iris to have swapped over (i.e. Iris is gym leader in Black 2 and Drayden in White 2).

Cheren is said to be the first gym leader and a normal gym leader at that. Anyone know if he had any normal types. cuz it would be odd if he didn't at least Gary had all his previous pokes sans the starter.

I love the implication that Cheren had to take over Lenora's job in a hurry, so he's in a half-built gym using a bunch of normal-types he caught twenty minutes ago. I hope that's actually true; it'd be a great throwback to Blaine's makeshift cave gym.

The genies somehow just went from some of the most lame, forgettable monsters in the franchise to maybe even better than Gen II's legendary beasts to me. They're just so goofy.

Edited by Octarine

I have a theory that gym leaders and Elite Four members have officially-set level brackets that they have to conform to according to the set badge order of the region. Cheren's job, therefore, literally requires him to have a bunch of puny boring-types. This theory also explains, for instance, the Elite Four's levels decreasing in Generation II as opposed to I - and probably some similar instances in BW2.

Incidentally, Digital Spy seems to be reporting that the English name of the AR Searcher thing will be the "Dream Radar."

I'm not sure about a set badge order, since that'd mean a hell of a lot of unnecessary slogging around just to get started for anyone who's not from Two Houses And A Lab Town... maybe the gym leaders could have a bunch of different teams on hand, and they pick which one they're going to use based on the number of badges their opponent's already won?

Of course, that could all just be attributed to game mechanics, but if random trainers (and the number of people on the Victory Roads) are any indication, winning against gym leaders doesn't seem to be all that uncommon, even in regions with "undefeatable" gym leaders like Volkner. I imagine they don't usually go all-out; that's what the Elite Four are for.

Hey, guys remember this picture?

Screen-shot-2012-04-14-at-16.34.52.png

Well....

plasmabig.jpg

Also, the English site revealed that the main character's Hometown is Aspertia City.

blackbox.jpgwhitebox.jpg

news_top_vg_3ds_titles_0512.jpg

A pair of exciting Pokémon titles are on the way for the Nintendo 3DS system! First, look forward to the Pokémon Dream Radar game, a Nintendo 3DS exclusive title that will be available for purchase in the Nintendo eShop later this year. Pokémon Dream Radar is a motion-controlled shooting game where, using Augmented Reality technology, you chase down Pokémon that appear as if they’re in the real world! The game uses some of the coolest features of the Nintendo 3DS system, including the 3D camera and gyro sensor.

You can find many Pokémon in Pokémon Dream Radar, including Pokémon that are otherwise very hard to get. Then, you can send the Pokémon you obtain to your copy of Pokémon Black Version 2 or Pokémon White Version 2 for the Nintendo DS™ system, giving you even more ways to fill up your Pokédex! Keep checking Pokemon.com for much more information on Pokémon Dream Radar later this summer.

Edited by Son1ctrainer

How's this for a theory: Ghetsis has control of Kyurem in some capacity, and is having Team Plasma commit outrages solely to lure back either the BW1 protagonist or N with their dragons, so that he can fuse them into Kyurem and gain ultimate power.

The likely reason Light Types, or any other types, haven't been created for Pokemon is because each existing type in the game so far has their own set of weaknesses and strengths, that adding more would risk tipping the scales to the favor of any one type.

Dark types and Steel types were introduced in Gen II because Psychic types were completely dominant in RBY. It's no coincidence that one of the types has a resistance to psychic attacks, and that the other completely counters Psychic with an advantage and an immunity.

As for a hypothetical Light type countering Dark types, in Japan, Dark types are called "Evil types." It'd be odd to label one type as a "Good type" to counter Evil types, though Fighting types already kinda do that.

Edited by Joshua

At least the uniforms are consistent to Team Plasma's predicament now.

Ghetsis depicted the organization to be working on the side of good, and the uniforms' nonthreatening attire reflected that. Now that Ghetsis is in hiding, the team's "king" has abandoned them, and the organization has had its true purpose revealed, the attire depicts them as the underground organization as they now are, covering their mouths and all.

Really guys? Really!? What about a Light-type? Once that can defeat Dark and Ghost-types like Spiritomb and Sableye, yet somehow be weak to Psychic and Grass-types, with Flash Fire as one of their secondary abilities? Why isn't it even created yet? XD

Light type already exists, it's the Fighting Type. In Japan, the two type names actually refer to dirty fighting (dark, it's Japanese name roughly translates to "evil") and honorable fighting (fighting).

Edited by Crow T. Robot

my fucking pants. N's angelic voice, those battles, the music, that KAWAII AS SHIT Bainca and that sensual Elise. dfghgfg

This was way too awesome, but now I'm just mad that Pokemon will never get an actual anime adaptation like this.

Also

ghfgdfxc-3.png

The Shadow Triad?

aRjgj.jpg

Elesa is back and.....dyed her hair black?

I just noticed how damn long her legs look.

It's like the animators studied from the CLAMP book of proportions. Those legs could probably be seen from Mars.

(owell thetrailerstillkickedass and she'sstillveryhotandstuff and Ijustwantedtobeanitcpickybitch)

Edited by gunthər