Awoo.

Pokemon Black & White 2 [DS]

PSI Wind

Eh, don't really care about Drayden being the seventh leader. The game looks good, I enjoyed the originals, so I'll probably enjoy this. I hope Gligar is available sooner though.

Zorua fans should be pleased. It's no longer a wifi event exclusive! You're given one as a gift in an in-game event involving N!

Edited by chaoscontrol14
  • Thumbs Up 1

To be fair, Lucario wasn't wild until Black/White.

So I guess this could mean that Lucario was actually native to Unova this whole entire time despite being introduced in Gen 4.

I just looked up Bulbapedia and found out that Mewtwo didn't get his signature move Psystrike until this Generation. This strikes me as odd; did he spend several decades making that move or something?

I know that it was probably because they never thought to give him one up until now, but I gotta wonder what the in-game, in universe justification is.

This is amazing. Did I call it or did I call it?

It's a bit sad that the Elite Four are literally the exact same as in BW1, though. Not even really any tweaks to their teams.

...whoops, apparently Shauntal has a Drifblim now. Missed that the first time. That seems to be the only change, though.

Edited by Octarine

If Iris is the Champion in the game...

Does this mean that in the anime, Iris becomes the champion and Ash ends up battling her for the title?

As farfetch'd as it sounds, that would be an interesting change of pace from the usual "Ash gets into the top 16/8/4/2 of the league".

Edited by Enigmatus

If Iris is the Champion in the game...

Does this mean that in the anime, Iris becomes the champion and Ash ends up battling her for the title?

As farfetch'd as it sounds, that would be an interesting change of pace from the usual "Ash gets into the top 16/8/4/2 of the league".

I'd spoiler your post if I were you.

From pokebeach (also filled with spoilers)

Apparently, if you turn off your DS/disconnect during a Wi-Fi match, the game will not let you Wi-Fi battle for a while. Your public rating will also go down.

Nice, now if they do something about GTS I'll be a happy camper.

Edited by Jetronic

So are random battles still idiotically regulated? I'd like to use my non-uber legendaries in a normal 6v6 match.

Hell, is Wi-Fi as a whole still as stupid as it was in B/W? Or did they change it back to the way it was before?

According to the B/W protagonist's mom, Hilbert/Hilda is out searching for N. Apparently you battle him/her and his/her team consists of the three starter evolutions, Volcarona, Zoroark, and Zekrom/Reshiram.

Dear Diary,

Today Game Freak was a pretty cool guy

Edited by Ichigo Storm
  • Thumbs Up 2

...him/her? So it doesn't just default to one or the other?

That's cool, but how does it decide? Is it based on the version you're playing or something?

Because spoilers are fun (elite 4 related)

iris.jpg

iris2.jpg

Edited by Jetronic

Iris always looked ridiculous. At least here they seem to have understood that and decided to take it as far as possible.

Actually, I'd probably say that it even looks pretty good (albeit in a garish Cure Bloom-ish kind of way) if it weren't for those sleeves. Combined with that colour scheme, they make the whole outfit look like too-big pajamas.

Edited by Octarine

Doesn't compare to Caitlin's blanket-for-hair to me, but is that a tail Iris has on the back?

I'm in love with the backdrop though.

Just realized. With Iris as the new champion, we now have two female Pokemon champions to 4 males. And Iris is the second youngest champion, after Blue.

Edited by Dr. Joshua

...him/her? So it doesn't just default to one or the other?

That's cool, but how does it decide? Is it based on the version you're playing or something?

Maybe it's decided according to which gender you choose

Doesn't compare to Caitlin's blanket-for-hair to me, but is that a tail Iris has on the back?

I'm in love with the backdrop though.

Just realized. With Iris as the new champion, we now have two female Pokemon champions to 4 males. And Iris is the second youngest champion, after Blue.

Edited by Octarine

...it's weird to think of Iris as the same age or older than Blue, but I guess that makes sense. She must be the same age as Gary in the anime, at least, by proxy of them both being the same age as Ash. I guess I kind of assumed she was really young because of how much older BW1's protagonists were by comparison.

Edited by Dr. Joshua

That's possible. Nobody else seems to be mentioning this, though, so maybe Ichigo was mistaken? I dunno.

/vp/ keeps talking about it but then again they aren't the most trustworthy source. But I have seen confirmation that you speak to the BW protag's mother and she says they're out looking for N via BulbaNewsNow Twitter. There's also a discrepancy on whether the BW protagonist's gender depends on the gender you choose or whether it's set as Hilbert.

-Edit-

Also, Serebii confirms varying difficulty levels. Challenge Mode E4 rematches have different teams and higher levels

Edited by Ichigo Storm

The Elite 4 comes with a "Challenge Mode" where they have their rematch team except with one replacement, and the levels of their Pokemon are shot up 5 levels. They almost hit the level 80 mark.

Iris falls under the same guidelines in Challenge Mode. Her entire team is at level 80+, with Haxorus at level 83.

Coincidentally, those replacements are of Pokemon traditionally considered UU by Smogon standards, and they are replaced by OU Pokemon. Liepard for Tyranitar, Medicham for Machamp, Druddigon for Salamence, etc. It's as if Game Freak knows, lol

Edited by Dr. Joshua

Hi guys!

T9SG2.png

How in the hell did you get the ROM so quick? And how is it even running without crashing? o.o

How in the hell did you get the ROM so quick? And how is it even running without crashing? o.o

Why would it crash?

Edited by Tmsp

Why would it crash?

Piracy measures. Usually emulators either crash or show you an anti-piracy screen when you try to start the game up un-patched.

Ah, the levelling up thing happened with the original B&W games when they first got ROM'd. I'm guessing you'll get to a certain point and the game will just freeze up.