PSI Wind

I'm in Undella Town, my party is all at level 39-40:

- Max (male Arcanine)

- Pluvera (female Electivire)

- Lithia (female Gigalith)

- Chip (male Vaporeon)

- Knightley (male Escavalier)

- Fawkes (male Altaria)

That's pretty much my final team build. What do you think?

So I'm considering getting Black 2 today, as somebody who loved every single in this series up until the original Black/White (which I honestly cannot stand, everything right down to the washed out art style irritates me to no end) would you guys recommend it? Or am I gonna get a similar experience?

The post game is quite important to me as well btw, I found in the original B/W there was NOTHING TO DO once you'd beaten the league and strolled through the remaining towns.

I actually was in the same boat as you, hated Black completely.

For me, the changes in how you progress through the game, the expanded choice of pokemon, the new and altered areas all made up for some of the biggest problems I had with BW. Even that washed out look was a lot less apparent. And the story is a whole lot less tripe than BW's was up until N's Castle. Probably the most genuinely interesting story Pokemon has had. As for the post game, there's now actual stuff worth doing in Black City and White Forest, there's the Pokemon World Tournament which is awesome on its own for the remixed music, and Pokestar Studios is a great time waster too.

I'd been meaning to make a post on my thoughts since I beat the game just the other day, but I guess this sums things up. As much as I couldn't stand Black, this game is right up with my favorites. Thought it was absolutely wonderful.

^ Sold. Thanks, I'm actually quite excited to be getting it now. The original Black was the first ever Pokemon game I've disliked enough to trade in.

I don't think they should have pushed the mentality that BW were separate from the other games as much as they did. The end result was just too far removed from the other games.

Totally irrelevant but it really pisses me off that you can catch wild baby Pokemon or Pokemon that should have evolved either through trade, use of a stone or other special requirement. It just makes them feel less special to me I guess :/

Ah well I hope you like it, J! I don't want to feel like you wasted your money because of me haha!

I really really did think it was such a great improvement an for that matter great pokemon game though. Like I can appreciate why they decided to have only new pokemon and good for the people who enjoyed it but I just couldn't get behind such a detached game. I don't need a thousand new evolutions like in DPPt but at least have some old pokemon around the way RSE did. The story, I get they wanted everything to be mysterious or whatever but it was mysterious right up to the very end and that made it so dull. With BW2 the entire story played off of that great ending and the implications of it and it was fantastic. The region was boring, it was one gym after another, but at least now they have you go through normal towns, revisit places. It's not much, but it was something.

I was really wary of this game, I thought it was going to be more of the same, but in the end I'm glad they were made as opposed to a Gray version. They felt like they completed BW and were just altogether quality games.

Personally, I use Marill because he covers all the essential ones bar Cut (and fly, but Fly's not bad as a fighting move either).

Edited by Wally Gator

I (perhaps foolishly) went straight to battle N after beating the Elite Four and faced a painstaking, long-winded fight between a Lv70 Reshiram and my team of Lv50-somethings. But I managed it thanks to a lot of revives, a lot of potions, and a lot of luck.

Then I went to Dragonspiral Tower with my newly acquired Light Stone, made it to the top and released Reshiram, expecting another tough struggle to capture him.

I got him with the very first Ultra Ball that I threw.

HELL TO THE YEAH

• Thumbs Up 3

^I caught Zekrom with a Quick Ball last night.

I don't know if I should be suprised that they didn't change the catch-ratio or not.

^I caught Zekrom with a Quick Ball last night.

I don't know if I should be suprised that they didn't change the catch-ratio or not.

Well, I'm certainly not complaining!

• Thumbs Up 1

Looks like Reshiram/Zekrom's catch rate is still 45. Nice.

I'm disappointed because I wanted the level 65 Volcarona, but to get it at that level you have to defeat it and then defeat the Elite Four and go back to the Relic Castle. I didn't visit Relic Passage until after I beat the Elite Four the first time. I don't want to have to raise it like, 30 levels. DX [/first world problems]

Edited by D-Metal X

Noire liked this game? I guess I have to get it someday after all.

It helps that it's not as linear and straightforward as it's predecessor.

• Thumbs Up 1

Noire liked this game? I guess I have to get it someday after all.

Also giving you the running shoes almost right off the bat.

so....beautiful...

• Thumbs Up 6

Played upto the Virbank Complex last night, I'm really enjoying this game so far! I know the start of the Pokemon games are usually the most similar parts between every single game but this has been really fresh actually, seeing some rarer Pokemon at low levels is quite cool as well, Psyduck and Riolu especially.

• Thumbs Up 3

Heading towards Plasma Frigate and beaten the game...yesterday? Brought it last Friday; officially longest main series Pokemon game I finished main story-wise.

My current team is

Cream (Vanilluxe) Female - Lvl 63

Tyrone (Arcanine) Male - Lvl 63

Maroon (Ampharos) Female - Lvl 63

Evan (Flygon) Male - Lvl 63

Jackson (Lucario) - Lvl 63

Kingston (Samurott) Male - Lvl 65

Oh....and did that mutli battle with Cilan against the other two; man Cilan sucked as a tag partner.

Oh....and did that mutli battle with Cilan against the other two; man Cilan sucked as a tag partner.

Yep. All his Pokemon fainted before the third lot of the other two had even come out. Fortunately, Earthquake is good for that sort of situation.

Edit: Also, me and a friend have organised a link battle for tomorrow. He's being a dick and specifically training to counter the Pokemon he saw me use. He doesn't know about Dreamer or Glimmer though...:D

Edited by Wally Gator

Whats the best HM slave in this game? Because I'm thinking of trading over a Mew to be my HM guy.

Ducklett can learn Surf, Dive and Fly.

Chili is the best partner.

Edited by KrazyBean

Unlocked the Champion Tournament; I really wish they had 6v6 in the tournaments.

In any case, my competitive team is set. When do you guys think you'll be ready for a tourney?

Unlocked the Champion Tournament; I really wish they had 6v6 in the tournaments.

In any case, my competitive team is set. When do you guys think you'll be ready for a tourney?

Sometime in the middle of next month, or 3/4 into next month.

Awww man, that sucks! How'd it get stolen?

Protip: Never go to Celebration Station with a DS in your pocket.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ouch, that really sucks man, I'm not sure if I'd be more annoyed about losing the DS and the Game or my Savedata

Anyways on the way Lacunosa Town on White 2, my team is current Underleveled central

Level 37 Absol

Level 35 Metang

Level 36 Flareon

Level 38 Electabuzz

Level 38 Dewgong

Level 38 Sandslash

• Thumbs Up 1