Awoo.

Pokemon Black & White 2 [DS]

PSI Wind

I finally got my hands on Pokemon Black 2. Waiting for a while had its benefits; I managed to buy a used copy of the game for 10 dollars cheaper, and from the looks of the save file that was on there, the game wasn't used much at all. Good deal.

Currently at Floccesy Ranch. Team so far is

Tepig - Impish, Level 9

Mareep - Quiet, level 7

Riolu - Adamant, Level 5, Steadfast.

Loving the luck I'm getting, loving the music, loving everything so far.

Edited by Joshua

Screw it. I'm gonna push to finish this tonight so I can get my Gengar bro over without him hating me~

Making sweet progress on my Join Avenue (called Jewelscale in-game). It's rank 25 and the lowest rank of any shop is rank 8.

Fixed.

Also, I have a team composed of Emboar-Serperior-Oshawott-Luxray--Lucario-Zoroark-Garchomp.

Is there anything I need?

That's a pretty dag well balanced team if I do say so myself.

Well I'm pleased to say I finally conquered the Pokemon league!

Thanks to my level 100 Swampert from my old Emerald version! Trollolololololol

• Thumbs Up 1

Finally transferred some of my old pokes to my black 2 version.

My current team:

Serperior Lv.75

Swampert Lv. 100

Charizard Lv.100

Tyranitar Lv. 100

Raikou Lv. 87

Staraptor Lv. 100

Beat the game this morning. All Pokemon were level 62.

Genesect - Naive, Techno Blast / BoltBeam / Bug Buzz

Cobalion - Rash, Volt Switch/ Sacred Sword / SD / Iron Head

Emboar - Impish, Flare Blitz / Strength / Wild Charge / Superpower

N's Zoroark - Hasty, Snarl / Nasty Plot / Night Daze / Flamethrower

Volcarona - Modest, Psychic / Bug Buzz / Flamethrower / QDance

Lucario - Adamant, Close Combat / Ice Punch / SD / Quick Attack

Currently scaling Dragonspiral Tower with the Dark Stone in hand. Gonna try and get the Unova Dex completed after this and before I do anything else.

Edited by Joshua

Finally got my serperior to level 100 and on top of that I got the move tutor to teach her Aqua Tail. Now I just need to import my Typholision from my heart gold version and start grinding him since he's only on level 57.

• Thumbs Up 1

So my cousin went to McDonalds yesterday and came back with two bloody amazing toys. What could they be? None other than Axew and Dwebble.

So naturally I went to COLLEGE McDonalds today and oh my god, McDonalds released eight Pokémon toys to "celebrate" Black and White 2's release... Naturally they're late, considering Argentina. :P But yeah they released Woobat, Snivy, Oshawott, Emolga, Dwebble, Axew, Pikachu and Tepig. I got Dwebble and Axew today, pictures below.

Dwebble

http://i.imgur.com/8o155.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/BNkJa.jpg

Axew

http://i.imgur.com/1asE8.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/W81hG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/2wswK.jpg

I also took some videos regarding the functions of each toy. I'll upload it later because YouTube is being a bitch right now. But yeah I really want to get the rest of the collection now.

• Thumbs Up 2

Post-game stuff:

Just caught Regirock and unlocked the Iron Key. Lady Luck smiled upon me and made Regirock Adamant, which is always good. Utility Support Set go go go.

Shame I don't have anyone close by who is breezing through White 2 though. I would send the Iron Key to them and hopefully get the Glacier Key in return so I can get the awesome godly Regice in the game. But ah well. Damn infrared-only interaction

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, when they've put so much other online connectivity into these games, the keys being person-to-person is a pain.

I'm meandering my way through White 2 - too many competing games right now: Layton, Epic Mickey, Paper Mario, Nintendoland, the OTHER Epic Mickey, Sonic All-Stars Transformed . . . - also I need to go back and finish collecting props in White before I go into the Musical Hall. I like the concept of the Habitat mode of the Pokedex, where it signals you when you've seen and caught all of the Pokes in a given area, but it means I have to keep trawling until that red stamp pops up because I can't just walk away and leave one uncaught. So I'm only three badges up. But it's fun to have the old Pokes turning up where I don't expect them; Sandile, Sandile, Darumaka, Sand-- shrew!? Nab it! biggrin.png

Does anyone know where I can see a pansage in the game? I'm close to completing my Unova Pokedex so that Juniper can give me that permit to the nature reserve.

Edited by Goddamn Batman

Pansage is a Pokemon that can be found in a Shaking Grass spot. Best places to look for it would be in the Pinwheel and Lostlorn Forests.

Speaking of completing the Unova Dex, I'm about 30 Pokemon away from completing it. I need someone with a Rufflet to trade with though; Rufflet are nowhere to be found in Black 2, whereas a single trainer in both versions has a Vullaby. >_>

Edited by Joshua

Finally completed my Unova Dex and I managed to catch the Shiny Haxorus in the nature preserve. Oh my Typholosion from my Heartgold version finally got transferred over to black 2 and he's close to reaching lvl. 100!

• 2 weeks later...

BULLSHIT.

Okay, so new Event Pokémon have been announced.

You can now get the Sinnoh starters with their Dream World abilities. So, you can choose either Defiant Piplup, Shell Armour Turtwig, or Iron Fist Chimchar in the Pokémon Global Link... buuuuut there's a snag.

And it involves shelling out an additional 40$... and going to participating Walmart stores to obtain said PGL code.

And they're all Male, so no breeding the DW abilities.

And you'd have to live in the US.

Basically, you'd have to buy another copy of the game from Walmart US to get one of the Sinnoh starters.

So:

A. If you already bought one of the games, and are on a tight budget thus keeping you from buying the other version;

B. If you bought both games as soon as they came out like I or any loyal Pokémon fan who had extra cash did, and already registered them to the Global Link;

C. If you don't live in the US;

Then this promotion means nothing. WHOOPDIE-FREAKING-DOO.

• Thumbs Up 2

BULLSHIT.

Okay, so new Event Pokémon have been announced.

You can now get the Sinnoh starters with their Dream World abilities. So, you can choose either Defiant Piplup, Shell Armour Turtwig, or Iron Fist Chimchar in the Pokémon Global Link... buuuuut there's a snag.

And it involves shelling out an additional 40$... and going to participating Walmart stores to obtain said PGL code.

And they're all Male, so no breeding the DW abilities.

And you'd have to live in the US.

Basically, you'd have to buy another copy of the game from Walmart US to get one of the Sinnoh starters.

So:

A. If you already bought one of the games, and are on a tight budget thus keeping you from buying the other version;

B. If you bought both games as soon as they came out like I or any loyal Pokémon fan who had extra cash did, and already registered them to the Global Link;

C. If you don't live in the US;

Then this promotion means nothing. WHOOPDIE-FREAKING-DOO.

It is the same sort of promotion as the Lucario they gave out earlier this year with new copies of Black or White. It's nothing new.

Fighting in the Pokemon World Tournament makes you realize how weak your teams can be.

I'm fighting in the tournament with a Hydreigon/Lucario/Volcarona team, with Zoroark and Cobalion taking spots at times. Huge weakness to Fighting Gym Leaders, and I'm pretty stuck against those 7 or so Water Gym Leaders. I don't really have a strong Electric type to take a spot, either....

...I don't have anyone with EQ either. Even fire types could give me a hard time, lol.

Each team in the PWT is EV trained and have sets you would see in actual teams in the competitive metagame. The Pokemon all have perfect IVs too. Misty's Blastoise outsped my 31 IV, max EVed Lucario by a single point because Lucario was Adamant while the Blastoise had a speed-boosting nature.

Think Cynthia's Garchomp from DPPt, multiplied by 3, multiplied by 48 for each trainer, and then scattered to every evolved Pokemon in the game.....plus Cynthia's Garchomp again.

In that case, I'm probably going to turn my back and flip the bird at the PWT.

Out of curiousity, what does everyone think of the facilities that cap your team at Level 50 and 100? I don't really like them, I think future games would benefit greatly if they had the freedom of Black Tower/White Tree Hollow. Just kick out the Legendaries and it should be fine.