Awoo.

Chardon HS Shooting - 3 KILLED, + Brother arrested

Autosaver

I've heard of the metal detectors. my old high school recently went as far as to remove the doors from all the restrooms for "protection of the kids"...

On a side note, the woman reporting this has zero emotion in her voice and is a chore to listen to. Sorta irks me seeing that reporting's something I'd want to go into.

It kinda becomes a double edged sword.

For one, this is a serious matter that I have no idea how much is being done to address it, and very lax areas end up getting taken by surprise. On the other hand, the more you try to address it, the more the school can end up similar to a prison. At the very extreme of these things are zero tolerance policies, something which I believe as a cure worse than the poison as it takes a very minor thing and blows it to disproportionate levels.

I kinda want to blame the parents, but I have no idea who to direct the blame towards at the moment. I kinda doubt gun control would've stopped something like this unless it used something like a metal detector or more at the schools.

Technically the Constitution doesn't allow citizens to carry guns to begin with.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Oh founding fathers, why you so vague?

Technically the Constitution doesn't allow citizens to carry guns to begin with.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Edited by Patticus
  • Thumbs Up 6

Eh, it seems pretty clear to me. It says...well, that you have the right to bear arms if you're part of a well regulated militia. *shrugs*

The "militia" part was just forgotten over the years.

Edit: ^Explains much better.

Edited by Unknownlight

I disagree, but this is a topic about a school shooting; not the death sentence.

There are always exceptions to everything, but my point is really that I (and I know I'm not the only one) can't fucking stand when these topics about OHHHHH WHAT A TRAGEDY appear and some tryhard waltzes in with pitchfork in hand and torches ablaze claiming how so and so should experience the greatest pain of all! and this person killed a dog so let's kill him, see how he likes it! or this kid felt ostracized and snapped and killed two people and let's kill him too! because that's a much better solution than rehabilitation, sure.

• Thumbs Up 4

There are always exceptions to everything, but my point is really that I (and I know I'm not the only one) can't fucking stand when these topics about OHHHHH WHAT A TRAGEDY appear and some tryhard waltzes in with pitchfork in hand and torches ablaze claiming how so and so should experience the greatest pain of all! and this person killed a dog so let's kill him, see how he likes it! or this kid felt ostracized and snapped and killed two people and let's kill him too! because that's a much better solution than rehabilitation, sure.

Oh, sure. I can wholeheartedly agree with that.

• Thumbs Up 1

What surprises me is that the kid actually gave himself up instead of killing himself like most of these nutcases that randomly open fired in a public place do. Nonetheless tragic.

That surprised me too after reading about this earlier today. This is really horrible though and I feel awful for those kids who are going through this right now along with the victim's loved one.

I wish states took better preventions for these kinds of things rather than just useless laws saying "Do not use your legally purchased gun to commit crimes or irresponsibly let it fall into the hands of a minor".

I agree. Every time something like this happens, there's always some kind of warning sign that happened to be missed. I know that one can't stop these kinds of things from happening completely since there's always going to be at least one nutjob in the world who will do something crazy, but there should be programs out there that prevent people from going down the path to doing this kind of thing to begin with and reduce the number of these incidents.

Just to see my day getting worse.

A Strongsville High School student and a 19-year-old from North Royalton were both arrested Tuesday in related cases, having to do with comments made via social media in light of the fatal shootings at Chardon High School.

Strongsville police chief Charles Goss tells WTAM 1100 that on Monday night, a series of comments were made on Facebook about the events in Chardon. Chief Goss says those exchanges got quite heated, and resulted what he says were threats made, by telephone, against someone in Strongsville.

The suspect involved in those threats, 19-year-old of North Royalton, is due in municipal court for a hearing Wednesday on a charge of aggravated menacing.

Chief Goss then says that a Strongsville High School student, who heard about the threats, posted on Facebook that a threat was being made against the school. That student was pulled out of class on Tuesday and turned over to the custody of his parents after an appearance in municipal juvenile court. The boy is facing a charge of inducing panic.

Even though school leaders are taking extra precautions in light of the events at Chardon, Chief Goss is quick to point out that threats made via social media are taken seriously, no matter when.

Ugh, what a stupid idiot my brother is.

Edited by Autosaver

Just to see my day getting worse.

Ugh, what a stupid idiot my brother is.

Your brother?!!! Oh man, that's rough.

Wait your Brother is involved?ohmy.png

Your brother?!!! Oh man, that's rough.

He made a status talking about the shooting and how awful the guy was for not killing more people. Keep in mind he is a troll, and this obviously gives him attention. It got heated, and he called one of the girls that commented on the status and said he was going to crash her skull into the ground.

Some other kid then said that my brother was going to cause a school shooting. I NEVER saw this and the rumor spread across school. The kid that started it got expelled for "Inducing Panic." There is no proof of my brother stating this and no one knows about it either. School staff didn't mention it either.

Though, my brother is currently in jail for the thing he DID do.

All of a sudden, a distant shooting to which we have no connection comes all to close to home. This has never happened to me before. Interesting feeling...

• Thumbs Up 2

He made a status talking about the shooting and how awful the guy was for not killing more people. Keep in mind he is a troll, and this obviously gives him attention. It got heated, and he called one of the girls that commented on the status and said he was going to crash her skull into the ground.

Some other kid then said that my brother was going to cause a school shooting. I NEVER saw this and the rumor spread across school. The kid that started it got expelled for "Inducing Panic." There is no proof of my brother stating this and no one knows about it either. School staff didn't mention it either.

Though, my brother is currently in jail for the thing he DID do.

I feel bad for you, no offence but I think your Brother needs a good kick up the arse for that kind of behaviour.sleep.png

Ugh every time this happens it pisses me off the same amount. I'm so glad I live in a country (relatively) without guns.

I know disturbed people will find ways to be violent with or without guns, but still.