Awoo.

How would you redesign Sonic?

Cyrus

I think that picture gives you a poor idea of how they actually look under normal angles though. This awesome picture shows them quite well. Lost World model is yellow, Generations (much closer to the CG model).

ibz7VRHve8UhEQ.jpg

Not only are his spines head spines shortened in SLW, his back ones are also larger. 

They really were channeling the Classics in that game.

I have to be honest and say that I didn't even notice the changes to Sonic's design in Lost World until they were pointed out to me long after the game was out. And then I didn't realise the extent of the differences until seeing that comparison. 

I did indirectly notice some changes at first. Lost World's art really jumps out at me. 

ohh i didn't noticed how large were Sonic's spikes at genereations compared to LW ones.. its a very notable difference..

then i'm glad they decided to short his quills a little bit.. .. sometimes i though it lost a little bit of balance with so large spikes..:D

I personally think Sonic looks great in all games he's been in, even with Boom he had a cool concept. I think maybe it's best to keep Sonic as he is now. Sometimes we don't need to reinvent the wheel every time. 

I think maybe Sonic should have fangs again. They looked awful in Adventure, but with today's much better graphics they could look kind of cool. 

you should also remember that they then grabbed LW Sonic and shortened him to Runners, so he's as close to classic as he's been in decades

I'd posit he effectively has Saturn-era proportions now

• Thumbs Up 1

That's why Lost World Sonic is probably the best Sonic design ever,and is the best of both worlds. He's shorter,but still has all of his modern quirks.

If you just mean the model...eh, I wouldn't call it's differences out enough to say it's the best. It doesn't really matter overall.

Even if you could call it the best, this only applies to the model not the design, because it's still the same design. The differences aren't significant enough when you aren't squinting out your eyes to notice the details.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was actually thinking more about the art for lost world than the model. Lost World had some of the best art in years.