Awoo.

Spongebob SquarePants 2

Autosaver

I still like Spongebob. Not as much, but most new episodes are still fairly watchable. The seasons made like right after the movie are pretty mediocre, but the more recent ones haven't been bad. Nowhere close to as good as the old ones, but decently watchable nonetheless.

Not sure if I can see them putting out another good movie though... Hillenburg will probably be involved at least. He is still technically an exec producer on the show, he just doesn't have much involvement int he actual writing. I could definitely see him returning to a more active role for another movie.

• Thumbs Up 1

If it's a film based o. The new episodes, it's nothing more than a mediocre toddler's movie. But if they based it on the older, (good/funny) episodes, count me in, but that's just me dreaming.

Well hopefully this movie will be good. And hopefully this will let Spongebob leave on high note.

I'm going to watch the final movie. I haven't watched SpongeBob for over a year (and that time was because I was forced to watch it). The first movie and the episodes before that is where SpongeBob shined.

I simply can't stand the new ones, the jokes on those aren't even funny. Patrick now is soooo lame to the point I have to ask my cousin to change the channel. SpongeBob's songs today are terrible too. Nothing beats F.U.N. seriously...I haven't watched that episode for years YET I still remember the whole lyrics to it.

SpongeBob is dead, it's been going on for far too long now. I'm even surprised they are still making new episodes to this day. Nickelodeon is treating SpongeBob as the King NickToon, but always in my heart Rugrats is the King NickToon.

But anyway, I will watch the second movie since it's going to close SpongeBob for good. It's about time. But maybe I'm criticizing it a bit too much. After all, Nick has FRED.

Edited by Ming Ming Love

I hate how the Spongebob has gone from a gullible but lovable sponge to a gullible but stupid sponge who literally over-reacts to everything, and boy do I mean everything.
Edited by chaoscontrol14
  • Thumbs Up 3

I am the only the person who never got into Spongebob? Not that its a bad show or anything I kinda wish I did back when it started on Nick (Which was still qutie good as a channel) I never really got into it, I was still watching the Rugrats to be honest. But Peter Griffin seems to enjoy it:

Edited by BW199148
  • Thumbs Up 3

Spongebob, I really miss when I enjoyed that show. I should really buy some of the season boxsets and a DVD of the old movie.

I admit, I enjoyed some of season 4, but the later parts of it along with seasons 5-8 have just bothered me ridiculously. The only episode I thought was ok for the later seasons was the Karate Island episode, because of the jokes suddenly becoming a little more clever. However, most of the jokes have become stale, and very, very loud. There is no timing between gags, and there is very little subtlety to soak up the jokes. It's just all the noise, NOISE, NOISE, NOISE! If there anything I can't stand, it's all that noise!

Not to mention, from an animation standpoint, the new character designs bother me. Some of these characters just don't blend with the older ones, and just make me gag.

• Thumbs Up 2

*video*

Oh God, that clip just reminded me of one of my favorite SpongeBob songs:

The thing that got my attention most was the animation thing they mentioned. To my knowledge, the last big cenimatic movie that Rough Draft studios animated was the Simpsons Movie, which imo looked incredible for something not from Disney or Dreamworks/ any Japanese studio, ect. so I can't wait to see what this new movie will look like, seeing as I'm the type that geeks out and anynalizes all the little quirks and details.

Getting the old writers back would be extra icing on the cake. I'll admit that I miss the way the older episodes did things as well. I do like the newer eps, but just not as much, and the frantic nature of most new eps kind of annoy me, as well as the overly vibrant and thickly-outlined new characters.

Edit: I'm now unsure whether it's rough draft or paramount animation is doing this..

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 2

Bring back any old writers and THE HOFF and you have motyay

I haven't cared about the talking cheese in years, but seasons 1-3 are god-tier cartoons. I'm not gonna be a butthurt manchild and bash the fuck out of the new seasons because I haven't seen them nor do I care about them, but nostalgia and a little sibling will force me to see this.

(Holy shit, ,this is coming A DECADE after the original movie, what the fuck have I been doing with my life)

I honestly don't bother watching the new episodes for reasons that have been echoed throughout the thread, but I have this horrible weakness for seeing cartoon characters on the big screen, and I still love the stuffing out of the first movie. I'll probably watch this movie either way, but I really don't care what happens to the little yella fella after this considering I ignore his television presence anyway. :T

OH WAIT

IT MUST FOLLOW THIS PLOT

heartwarming family film for all whole the family ages

• Thumbs Up 1

2014? End of 2014? Why so far off? I can't envision Nickelodeon taking that long to work on a movie about Spongebob, of all things.

• Thumbs Up 1

Eh, the first one was surprisingly funny but I always thought Spongebob was pretty irrelevant these days. 2014 though? ...yeeeah, bad idea Nick.

Seriously, why can't Nick just kill the cartoon for once? I mean, it's been over 8 or 9 seasons now, and it needs to die off. I used to enjoy the first 3 seasons, but after the first movie, it just went down the toilet. Unfunny jokes, characters having different personalities, overused plots, it's just running completely dry.

Hopefully this new movie will officially be the true ending to the series. I'm really tired of this show. :/

Edited by Arle985
  • Thumbs Up 1

Seriously, why can't Nick just kill the cartoon for once? I mean, it's been over 8 or 9 seasons now, and it needs to die off. I used to enjoy the first 3 seasons, but after the first movie, it just went down the toilet. Unfunny jokes, characters having different personalities, overused plots, it's just running completely dry.

Hopefully this new movie will officially be the true ending to the series. I'm really tired of this show. :/

Guess what Arle? You typed my message for me. XD

I really hated the fact that they made Spongebob to be gay for Squidward instead of just a annoying friend. and changing the personality completely for everyone. Only a handful of episodes have caught me as fairly funny. Like everyone else I hope this is the end for the series. But that's 2 years from now. So more stuff to come before that....:( My childhood. Kinda curious where nick will go from here. They got nothin else good.

I really hated the fact that they made Spongebob to be gay for Squidward instead of just a annoying friend. and changing the personality completely for everyone. Only a handful of episodes have caught me as fairly funny. Like everyone else I hope this is the end for the series. But that's 2 years from now. So more stuff to come before that....sad.png My childhood. Kinda curious where nick will go from here. They got nothin else good.

Why did they do that to Spongebob?

WHY?

I have no idea how this movie is gonna be successful. I know a ton of people are unhappy with the newer episodes. I got tired of 'em gradually. This movie just may end Spongebob Squarepants for good. Let's see! Woah as I typed in Spongebob Squarepants... a red line was not underneath... I didn't make my computer learn the spelling! :o

My childhood. Kinda curious where nick will go from here. They got nothin else good.

They got nothin else good.

nothin else good.

W-what? WHAT!? Have you never even heard of Avatar:Legends of Korra? And what about Nicktoons? They have some good stuff on there, too. (But considering the wildly different opinion I seem to have I'm not too sure what would classify as good to the rest of you all)

Jesus...I haven't watched Spongebob since 2006 or 2007 and it STILL shows no signs of stopping! And now they're planning on making a sequel to a film that came out almost 8 years ago, when Spongebob was still at its peak! But hopefully, this will mean the end of Spongebob, and I do hope so 'cos he is soooo annoying and unlikeable in the newer episodes... >__>

tumblr_l4a3zpjWES1qzueujo1_400.jpg

fleb_spongebob_squidward-EPIC-frown.jpg

Ren and Stimpy anyone?

• Thumbs Up 1

The last episode of Spongebob I liked was from 2005. The one where they go back in time to the Knight and kings era. And the one where patrick loses his brain. I remember seeing those two episodes at a friends house. I remember it clearly. It was funny. After that, the episodes became intolerable to watch. Spongebob's voice became SO IRRITATING and overly high pitched. The animation became really stale looking. I don't know why, but the animation in the newer episodes kind just really annoys me. It looks too perfect and streamlined. The 2001 animation was leagues better. I can't stand it when the characters in any cartoon in general are LOUD LOUD LOUD constantly. How do those new writers get hired honestly? I don't watch the show anymore, but it's sad that it's unwatchable now.