Awoo.

Spongebob SquarePants 2

Autosaver

Honorable mention: Invader Zim.

Eh... Invader Zim is kinda overrated. I don't hate it, it had some funny moments here and there, but there's something about this show that I really can't get into... Maybe it's the Nickelodeon style humor and snarky dialouge which seems to be prevailent in all of Nickelodeon's shows nowadays... (Yes, even Avatar suffers from this at times.) ...Only with a dark twist added to it. While I do admire the show's writers for taking Nick's humor and twisting it into something grotesque, I still think it tends to be obnoxious at times.

The sense of humor on Nickelodeon's TV shows is probably the main reason why I don't watch it that much nowadays. I may watch Nick at Nite, but only to keep my room from being quiet.

• Thumbs Up 1

If Scooby Doo was a body part it would be a titty!biggrin.png

Land Before Time, that's another pretty milked series.

Is Fairly Odd Parents still showing on Nick?huh.png

It isn't milked anymore, though. LBT stopped during 2007-2008 after the TV series.

• 5 months later...

Hi movie poster

3Yn5k.jpg

You gonna go see?

I might see it, gotta watch a trailer first. But if it's like a sequel to the first one, then totally.

Edit: This poster may or may not be real.

Edited by Nintendoga

I like the poster. Looks like a Sponge troll face, like Nickelodeon's expression when they read the internets reaction to the film while counting their huge piles of cash.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm liking the fact that it's a sequel to the first film rather than it's own thing. That would probably suck. But I'm not counting my chickens on this yet either.

I really hated the fact that they made Spongebob to be gay for Squidward instead of just a annoying friend. and changing the personality completely for everyone. Only a handful of episodes have caught me as fairly funny. Like everyone else I hope this is the end for the series. But that's 2 years from now. So more stuff to come before that....sad.png My childhood. Kinda curious where nick will go from here. They got nothin else good.

Wait what? Seriously?

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm not sure if you think that poster is real, but I'm pretty sure it isn't.

http://jphomeenterta...llery/#/d4u7349

I knew I've seen that logo before.

EDIT: The guy says it's official, but I'm still not very certain, so I wouldn't say it's official just yet.

Edited by Loser Weirdo Waluigi
  • Thumbs Up 1

Stephen Hillenburg and Paul Tibbitt are confirmed to be the film's head writers, with Hillenburg also serving as the producer and Tibbitt as the director.

Very excited to hear that Mr. Hillenburg is back. That combined with Paul Tibbitt being the co-writer gives me hope that this'll be a worthy follow up to the original. Hopefully, Doug Lawrence also contributes. smile.png

Well, if the original creator's involved, then this slightly piques my interest. The show really went downhill when Hillenburg left, so maybe this movie will have the same charm the last movie and the episodes before had?

I'm gonna wait for more news before getting excited though. I lost interest in Spongebob a long time ago.

Edited by Lyra Heartstrings

So the original creators are not only directing/producing, but also writing again?

Okay Nickelodeon, you have my attention.

EDIT: The guy says it's official, but I'm still not very certain, so I wouldn't say it's official just yet.

Yeah, some other sites are also saying that it's official. I'll wait till I see it on a Nickelodeon site before saying it's real.

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 2

There are only two reasons i would support a second Spongebob Squarepants movie.

1. Stephen Hillburg and the original writers are brought back with them calling the shots over the entire project, like last time with the first movie. [X]

2. The film serves as a permanent series finale. [ ]

Still waiting for that second requirement to be checked off....

Oh and the movie going to be in 3D? Didn't see that coming. rolleyes.gif

Cool, another movie.

The show's been the same in tone and quality from beginning to end, of course. All that happened was its audience grew up.

Cool, another movie.

The show's been the same in tone and quality from beginning to end, of course. All that happened was its audience grew up.

• Thumbs Up 1

You have clearly never seen the show at all.

Yep, seen enough to be informed.

Didn't change in any way anyone could realistically deem significant. Same ratio of good to bad as it ever had.

Yep, seen enough to be informed.

Didn't change in any way anyone could realistically deem significant. Same ratio of good to bad as it ever had.

The characters have become pale stereotypes of whom they once were, and the jokes are predictable in every way.

The old show had the characters fleshed out in a more 3D fashion and unpredictable humor that could make one laugh. These days the jokes just rely on building up to predictable conclusions that usually involves someone being the victim to a character's stupidity.

• Thumbs Up 4

The characters have become pale stereotypes of whom they once were, and the jokes are predictable in every way.

The old show had the characters fleshed out in a more 3D fashion and unpredictable humor that could make one laugh. These days the jokes just rely on building up to predictable conclusions that usually involves someone being the victim to a character's stupidity.

They are honestly exactly the same as they ever were. It's your perception that's changed, rather than the show. Don't take it as an insult, it's an inevitability that familiarity breeds contempt.

They are honestly exactly the same as they ever were. It's your perception that's changed, rather than the show. Don't take it as an insult, it's an inevitability that familiarity breeds contempt.

It's called having different writers with different views on how a character should act.

I can look at the old episodes and laugh at them when once upon a time I didn't, but if you put a new episode afterwards, I'll most gag.

• Thumbs Up 2

The older episodes felt like they had more stable humor that was more consistently funny. The newer ones are more bipolar where they have some bit that I think greatly surpass the humor of the older episodes and some that downright fall on their face. There's definitely been a change in atmosphere though. The older episodes were more slice of life in Bikini Bottom whereas the newer ones tend to be more big on epic adventures to X place. I don't think quality has slipped up too much at all but it's become more bipolar.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's called having different writers with different views on how a character should act.

I can look at the old episodes and laugh at them when once upon a time I didn't, but if you put a new episode afterwards, I'll most gag.

Yes, the show had various writers back in the day, too, and they would all have adhered to a style guide of sorts. I'm not attacking anyone, just saying that it's worth taking into account what happens when you absorb a lot of a certain type of media - it starts to seem stagnant, even when this isn't necessarily the case.

Yes, the show had various writers back in the day, too, and they would all have adhered to a style guide of sorts. I'm not attacking anyone, just saying that it's worth taking into account what happens when you absorb a lot of a certain type of media - it starts to seem stagnant, even when this isn't necessarily the case.

Yes. but the writers in the early seasons all gathered as a collective in the beginning and worked in synergy to make those earlier seasons, they were essentially a creative whole at that time. The writers now are also in synergy, but few of the old writers are still remain, so these guys are fresh off the rack with a new thinking style which I feel doesn't work.

Plus, your theory of perception only works if I hadn't seen the older episodes in years. I've seen the entirety of the first through third seasons multiple times in my late adolescents and I only started watching the newer episodes in that same time and I still think they're awful. The only way your theory holds any ground is if I was an eternal brat or you.

• Thumbs Up 5

Oh great. I remember when this show was the shit. I loved it, and I love the episodes from 1999 to 2004. After the first movie, which is decent, the show started to get worse. Everyone was destroyed. Spongebob went from fairly smart, to a dumbass and an annoying little shit.

What happened to this show? I did see a few recent episodes a while ago, and it's slightly better than it was back in 2007, where I gave up on the show, but not by much. Another movie to me, seems like a series finale. I hope it is, since this show has been milked to the ground.

I always see the movie as the iceberg that hit the Spongebob Titanic.

Hasn't really been any good since. I love the first 2 seasons to death.

Stuff like this was actually pretty funny. When I first saw this episode in particular I died laughing. This was hella years ago though, the new stuff, starting like in later 2006 lacked humor.

Edited by Urban Flow