Awoo.

Favorite boss where you had to transform and why do you like them?

Yoko/葉子

It does not have to be a Chaos Emerald form. Please be more specific as to why you like the boss in question as to just saying the name.

For example (not my real favorite): I liked the Doomsday Zone robot because it was the first time we had a "real final boss" in the entire series and how it took a while to figure out his weakness when I was younger.

Edited by MisterZiese

Carnival Night Zone Boss in Sonic 3&K:

Beating that Boss (Robotnik drops a green ball and uses it as a magnet when he activates vertical electric fields to pull Sonic to his doom) is very hard without loosing your rings. This is quite a tricky boss even with the electric shield. Its really annoying when you fight that boss with 999 rings and then loose them like I have! Great challenge though smile.png

My favorite boss where I had to transform was probably the Final Hazard. Why I actually don't like that fight to much, I'm the biggest sucker for "doomsday" like bosses, especially if things are falling (I don't know why, leave me alone LOL). The music, with tension rising as everything is coming toward Earth just blew my mind back then.

It's a tie between the Doomsday zone and Perfect Chaos just because I was not expecting them.

I can't really describe the excitement I felt fighting as Super Sonic

P.S. I lost a lot of lives the first times I played against those bosses dry.png

• Thumbs Up 1

I would have to say the 3 final bosses of Sonic Advance 3, Sonic Rush, and Sonic Rush Adventure

Sonic Advance 3 was love because of the whole story behind Gemerl, a monstocity created from a once kind robot that had been corrupted to the point where he would betray his own master. Plus I liked how it took both Sonic and Eggman to defeat him.

Sonic Rush's Egg Salamander fight was cool because of how it took on two perspectives, one for Sonic and Blaze, as they fight they're respective Eggman.

Then there's Sonic Rush Adventure's final, which I liked mainly because it took a combination of both Super Sonic and Burning Blaze to defeat the machine, and you had the chance to swap between them at any point (and could basically complete the battle with either, though its more fun/easier with both)

Also each of these have absolutely amazing music to bump the already epic tone each of them have

I'll always have a soft spot for Perfect Chaos. Openin' up your heart as you race through the ruins of Station Square towards this massive creature made of nothing but water, until reaching it, at which point you just zoom straight into it and go all BAM BOOM SPLASH SPLOOSH up to his head at which point you burst out, ready to do it again and again until the music turns shit and then you do it again and again, and then you neutralize it so it's nice and all's well that ends well even the whole city's on water. EPIC.

Quite fond of Metal Madness too. Even though I don't like the fact they decided to have Metal Sonic turn into a big flying monster, I really like the set up of the fight. You got Super Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles chasing the bad guy through the sky, showin' him what they're made of.

From personal nostalgia I would say Final Hazard forevers. That boss was epic and back when I played it, it was fairly new so I didn't know Shadow would survive the fall. It got intense as the battle went along and Sonic started to notice Shadow was starting to weaken. I cried. orz Then Heroes came along! ...

In recent times I will go with the final battle against Dark Gaia. That instrumental theme is aMAZing.

From personal nostalgia I would say Final Hazard forevers. That boss was epic and back when I played it, it was fairly new so I didn't know Shadow would survive the fall. It got intense as the battle went along and Sonic started to notice Shadow was starting to weaken. I cried. orz Then Heroes came along! ...

In recent times I will go with the final battle against Dark Gaia. That instrumental theme is aMAZing.

The X360/PS3 or PS2/Wii version of Dark Gaia?

It's a tie between the Doomsday zone and Perfect Chaos just because I was not expecting them.

I can't really describe the excitement I felt fighting as Super Sonic

P.S. I lost a lot of lives the first times I played against those bosses dry.png

I agree with those 2.
  • Thumbs Up 1

I like the Sonic Colors final boss, because, you know, it's the first final boss in nearly fifteen years that didn't involve Super Sonic (Or any Super form for that matter). I also like the "Reach for the Stars" music as well. I also liked how you had to dodge all the wisp power-ups Eggman used, just wish more were used besides Spike, Cube and Laser. XP

Edited by Winston
  • Thumbs Up 1

Gotta go for Perfect Chaos. It's visually very impressive, both the level structure and the boss itself, and it's one of the rare few Super Sonic bosses that uses the exact same control scheme as the rest of the game, so you don't have to adapt to new controls for the final fight. Defeating the boss requires dodging attacks and running as fast as possible, which are the exact skills you've been training all game long as Sonic. That's what a final boss should be to me; a final test of your skill at the game.

The only other Super boss I can think of that has the same controls as the rest of the game is Metal Overlord, and that one wasn't anywhere near as challenging or fun as Perfect Chaos.

Bonus points to Final Hazard for giving me the best sense of OH MY GOD THE WORLD IS IN DIRE PERIL HURRY SAVE THE DAY!!

• Thumbs Up 1

TOO BLACK

TOO STRONG

TOO BLACK

TOO STRONG

TOO BLACK

TOO STRONG

TOO STRONG

TOO STRONG

TOO STRONG

• Thumbs Up 4

I like the Sonic Colors final boss, because, you know, it's the first final boss in nearly fifteen years that didn't involve Super Sonic (Or any Super form for that matter). I also like the "Reach for the Stars" music as well. I also liked how you had to dodge all the wisp power-ups Eggman used, just wish more were used besides Spike, Cube and Laser. XP

The orchestrated music in the final battle of Colors sounded like something you would heard from a Nintendo first party game. I agreee with you that Super Sonic solely for the final battle got tiring after SA2.

• Thumbs Up 1

Since my earier post was an example:

Solaris, Perfect Chaos and Perfect Dark Gaia

Solaris: he was a time/space Phoenix for crying out loud. The fitting feeling of intensity during the music of his first form, destroying the last piece of armor revealed that he literally didn't have a face. Then when the second part starts, the music said," its gonna be all right!" In a way.

Perfect Chaos: Chaos manipulated Eggman so he could get his revenge, flooded a city with no effort and it boiled down to positive vs. negative.

Perfect Dark Gaia: the negativity from billions of years collected together as one, named after the Greek Titan of the Earth, and a very creative way to have seven eyes on one head and six arms and a BEAUTIFUL remix of the main theme.

TOO BLACK

TOO STRONG

TOO BLACK

TOO STRONG

TOO BLACK

TOO STRONG

TOO STRONG

TOO STRONG

TOO STRONG

Theme of Barack Obama.

But seriously though, that boss battle was epic. Infact, I'd say the Rush games had some of my favourite boss battles out of any Sonic game by far. Thoroughly enjoyed them all. I also really like the final boss of Rush Adventure.

Favourite? That would be the battle against Merlina in which Sonic takes on 'Excalibur' form.

Well, it's not him doing the transforming there, but it counts.

TOO BLACK

TOO STRONG

TOO BLACK

TOO STRONG

TOO BLACK

TOO STRONG

TOO STRONG

TOO STRONG

TOO STRONG

This one, the rush adventure one, and probably the SatSR one too even if I never played the game, it looked epic. Due to my complete lack of skills, the rush extra zone boss was my first Super Sonic fight, must be why I can replay this one over and over and over, even if I still have a hard time with the Blaze part.

AND DAT MUSIC.