Awoo.

Replay Value (Multiplayer, Secrets and Unlockables)

Ryan Brown

It was right there in front of me this whole time... [/overly dramatic]

Midtown Madness 3 (Best online experience I've ever had) had many types of multiplayer that I think could gel very well with Sonic.

Rabbit - There's a rabbit. If you have the rabbit, you get time. Time is this game's score. Obviously, the object would be changed (maybe a time stone?).

Tag - after a time limit expires, whoever it "it" is eliminated.

Hunter - there's one cop and he chases all the other drivers around. The cop car tries to hit the other other guys. If he does, they also become a cop car. It's a sort of "Zombie" mode.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ryan Brown

• Diogenes

• Thirsty Pocket

• Phos

I just remembered that Sonic Adventure two had several missions... and that I spent forever trying to get an A rank on every one. Sonic Adventure had something similar, but not as good. Either way they both provided good replay.

Like many said, if the game isn't fun to begin with, no need for extra's and such.

Tho what I would want to be brought bac is the emblems for each mission we complete, no need to A or S rank it.

Depending on the story of the game, unlike Unleash, SatSR and SatBK, getting all chaos emeralds to unlock Super Sonic on normal stages like on the old one's were you transform after getting 50 rings.

After completing the game at 100%? By 100% it's all stage A or S ranked, Got all items and such...

Well... I had an idea of a secret boss instead of a unlockable stage.... DOOMSDAY BOSS or Final Boss of S3&K in 3D. It could be a great idea no? Last game were we had Super Sonic in space was SA2 but there was too much stress to enjoy it fully but with a 3D doomsday boss or S3&K Final Boss it could be gold. In my case, i'd be crying of joy with the game paused with the title of the boss right at the beggining.

As for the multiplayer I think having a mix of SatSR, SatBK with SA2 could be amazing, it would easily fill the 3 types of players: Racers, Fighter, Pure Party. No matter who comes to play with you he/she has a good choice of what game to play and we could switch games when bored of a certain type of game.

Nothing much to say about the character except maybe add more then just 8? SatBK was actually 8; 2 Shadow, 2 Blaze, 2 Knuckles and 2 amy.... (not sure about amy cause it's been a while I didn't play it).

Just to say, Unleash & SRA on PS360 was the only games where you had to collect items to progress with the game. I think they were checking on how well it would be recieved on a full 3D game cause SRA was more like "get good rank, get more material, progress without replay" so the faster you finish the game the more likely you get good ranks compare to Unleash wich was "search well or your screwed".

For many like myself... yes Chao Garden alone was enough for me for replay value. It was a good experience to how well I know the location of some animals without the need of the chao box like for the Legendary animals (pheonix, unicorn and dragon). Also if they were to be a chao garden, add 2 more gardens; God garden and Satanic garden wich are unlocked after getting the Hero Chaos Chao and Dark Chaos Chao and in the competition add Puzzle and gambling games.

Like the chao's in SA2:B had intelligence and luck but... luck was only for the "?" box and intelligence was to pick the right item in the computer like room... At least if they had games for those 2 specific qualities it would be challenging to see how lucky and intelligent your chao is.

If there is a super hard mode on the next sonic games to be worth being super hard... Adding more enemies won't do it for me, it would mean for many... just more homming attack then usual... What I would want on the super hard modes is:

LESS rings spread out on the stages wich means you had to be damn carefull when playing.

More intelligent enemies wich can actually block the homming attack if your jump to close to them or repell the homming attack like the spring shield egg bots of unleashed.

Surprise spikes?

Less spring scatered in the stage but put enemies in the pits that are still dangerous like they did in SA2 in crazy gadjet.

Remove all the upgrade items and place them in hard reaching places.

After that I ran out of ideas for Super Hard Mode.

Online Race, Ring gathering and Face to Face Battles with highscore boards. SRA did a fine job with that why the hell didn't they make a highscore board in unleashed ?!

Finally Skin characters, yeah I don't mind them too much, they could have the exact same skills and abilities but change their walking/running, standing, winning pose and expression when doing nothing. If they can pull something good out of it the rest of their actions won't bother me at all.

But obviously before all of that, the main game itself must have priority, if your not having fun in the main story, extra's won't help much.

It was right there in front of me this whole time... [/overly dramatic]

Midtown Madness 3 (Best online experience I've ever had) had many types of multiplayer that I think could gel very well with Sonic.

Rabbit - There's a rabbit. If you have the rabbit, you get time. Time is this game's score. Obviously, the object would be changed (maybe a time stone?).

That could work. Everybody scrambling through a level to get an item from a player.

Tag - after a time limit expires, whoever it "it" is eliminated.

This was done quite well in Rivals 2, I believe.