Awoo.

Sonic lands #1 on GT's "Top 10 WORST Blockbusters"

Autosaver

Of course, the whole Sonic thing is bullshit, but what I don't understand is how they managed to forget about THIS fucking abomination:

Superman64box.jpg

Fun Fact: GT named this the worst video game ever in 2006.

EDIT: I was mistaken. not really a block buster never mind.

Edited by Alien/Renegade

Even though I don't care for the game all that much, why the hell is SA2 on the list? GT really fucked up this time. Guess they're becoming Call of Duty supporters. :/

The video lost all seriousness after seeing that E.T. the Game didn't reach #1. I don't see how that game can be less worse than something else

• Thumbs Up 1

The video lost all seriousness after seeing that E.T. the Game didn't reach #1. I don't see how that game can be less worse than something else

Well that's because E.T wasn't made today or in the last decade or so. And, E.T is not one of the top video game icons and the game was based on the film. It's not as much as an embarrassment as Sonic '06. But still, it bothers me why Adventure 2 is one of the games that made Sonic the worst franchise. They have to be trolling, they have to!

Well that's because E.T wasn't made today or in the last decade or so. And, E.T is not one of the top video game icons and the game was based on the film. It's not as much as an embarrassment as Sonic '06. But still, it bothers me why Adventure 2 is one of the games that made Sonic the worst franchise. They have to be trolling, they have to!

It honestly doesn't bother me, even though it should. I guess as time goes on, you tend to become more stoic about these type of things.

At least GT is getting the backlash it deserved.

• Thumbs Up 1

Call of Duty isn't on this list because most of the people who buy that game probably like that game.

E.T. only happened once.

For some reason, I can't watch it, but I am astonished by their choice of listing from reading these posts. How the hell did '06 beat E.T.??

'06 is a shit game, yes, & it nearly killed the franchise, how did it beat the game that was mostly responsible for the great video game crash is beyond me. SA2 was not my favourite 3D Sonic game (I sometimes find it slightly overrated) but it was mostly fun & not as boring & tedious as '06.

You know, I enjoyed ShtH, but I am really, REALLY surprised that ShtH wasn't mentioned to be on that list. The Hell? =S

So let me get this straight: According to GT, 1 game that nearly killed only ONE franchise, is worse than a game that nearly killed the ENTIRE VIDEO GAME INDUSTRY.

I don't see how '06 nearly 'killed' Sonic. He was back to getting ok-ish reviews in less than a year with SatSR.

I don't see how '06 nearly 'killed' Sonic. He was back to getting ok-ish reviews in less than a year with SatSR.

'06 didn't kill Sonic, instead many people had lost respect to the Sonic franchise. And please, don't bring up Secret Rings. It had the worst controls I've ever experienced on the Wii.

• Thumbs Up 2

'06 didn't kill Sonic, instead many people had lost respect to the Sonic franchise. And please, don't bring up Secret Rings. It had the worst controls I've ever experienced on the Wii.

A game that basically amounts to a massive gyp, they sell a bunch of copies of a game that no one likes.

I don 't understand. If a game sells several million copies, it means that no one likes the game? Who's no one? the several million who bought it or the people hating on it that didn't buy it?

Note: I'm really starting to dislike the effect the media is having on the industry.

Even though Call of Duty has been crap, it's not crap enough. The rehashed games are still getting 8's and 9's. Until we see a CoD game getting 5's and 6's, there is no way they can begin to mock the franchise. Although I cannot see this happening, unless Activision really pulls a Sonic '06.

Edited by Arle985

And I'm with people on this subject. I'm really surprised that ShTH wasn't on that list.

Maybe cause GT gave Shth over an 8.0 and they probably really liked it back then.

BTW, the Mario and Sonic series isn't even real Sonic games. How did that even make it on the list?

Edited by sonfan1984

Well Unleashed...I can see why it's there because of the Werehog. Or you have forgotten about him already. It's nowhere as bad as Sonic '06, but it had a major fault.

According to Metacritic, average game at best.

Even with the werehog, I still think Unleashed is a decent game and I still enjoy playing it. Sometimes the critics makes it sound like the werehog in Unleashed alone is worse then the entirety of Sonic 06.

If this is for movies, then I can see the movies being panned (Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic 06)

I don't want to watch it. It might make me RAGE!!

Thankfully I don't pay attention to GT's reviews and lists as I've ignored them for a good long time. Plus I think they intentionally did it to tick the fanbase off like other sites did over the years but thankfully they got what was coming to them in regards to backlash.

Well Unleashed...I can see why it's there because of the Werehog. Or you have forgotten about him already. It's nowhere as bad as Sonic '06, but it had a major fault.

Didn't even think the Werehog was that bad on his own, but I may be in the 3% or so that think this. I see '06 and Unleashed as pizzas. One undercooked one that had the wrong ingredients to begin with, and one that was cooked just fine, but had anchovies on half of it. With the undercooked one, there's just no hope of saving it, but with the second, if you just ignore/take the anchovies off, the rest of the pizza is still very edible, and is still very well crafted and delicious, with tons of extras in the form of a stuffed crust that most other Sonic game-pizzas that came out of the oven afterwards don't have because the cooks are too scared nowadays to put the extras back in when it wasn't their fault- but the anchovies.

According to Metacritic, average game at best.

The Metacritc score is compiled of the biased reviews of people who went in wanting to hate the game, exaggerated it's bad points, some scored it worse than '06, and some didn't even finish it before giving it their final score.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 2